Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Down to the wire...

Registered is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Down to the wire...

After months of research, and after creating and disassembling many theoretical setups...I thick I've finally found how I want to spend my money.

Head:
    Alpine 7893 - No MP3 capability, 60WMax27wRMS, Bass Engine Plus

Amp:
    JBL 1200.1 Mono-Channel 1200W x 1 @ 2 ohm

Sub:
    Adire Brahma 12" - 1600wRMS 4800wMAX

These three items come out to just below $1,000...which is actually less than I planned on spending.

Reassure me or redirect me. Although I'm under-budget, I don't want to be disappointed on a $1,000 investment. Absolute main goal here is SQ with the ability to still reasonably pound.

Thanks in advance!

bootleg is offline Got Adire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well if you wanted more SQ than SPL, then I would consider stepping down to a Shiva or Tempest. Most people don't believe me when I say that I only have one sub, but then I show them and they shut up. If you're under a tight budget, as I am, then I'd think twice about the brahama, just because you can get kick *** sound out of the Shiva or Tempest as I did. (Good choice on the 1200.1, I realy enjoy mine, I even find times when I gotta turn it down due to my own accounts..)

'94 Dodge Ram Std. Cab Sport Red

100' Sound Deading
    1/0 Power & Ground

Adire Audio 12" Shiva
    Custom Sealed Fiber-glass Box

'03 Spring Install:
    Clarion DXZ635MP
    US Acoustics USX2100
    US Acoustics USX2080
    ID & Adire Front Stage
    Adire Audio 12" Shiva Mk. III

jkneplerjr is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if you have any money left spend it on a custom box. the box will make or break a sub. look at the last guy. he has a highend fiberglass box for his. no wonder he can do more with less sub (cuz of the box)

Registered is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually just sat in bed for an hour, unable to fall asleep, thinking of a custom enclosure. I have a 98 Honda Prelude. What I had been thinking was, since the back seats fold down to allow a passage from the cabin to the trunk, I could fold the seats down and make a new "wall" where the seats used to be. Custom enclosures are something I'm VERY unfamiliar with, so if you have any ideas what'd you'd do with my prelude, lemme have em! I could have anywhere from $300-600 to play with this.

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Down to the wire...

Originally posted by Registered
    After months of research, and after creating and disassembling many theoretical setups...I thick I've finally found how I want to spend my money.

Head:
    Alpine 7893 - No MP3 capability, 60WMax27wRMS, Bass Engine Plus

Amp:
    JBL 1200.1 Mono-Channel 1200W x 1 @ 2 ohm

Sub:
    Adire Brahma 12" - 1600wRMS 4800wMAX

These three items come out to just below $1,000...which is actually less than I planned on spending.

Reassure me or redirect me. Although I'm under-budget, I don't want to be disappointed on a $1,000 investment. Absolute main goal here is SQ with the ability to still reasonably pound.

Thanks in advance!
    It looks quite good to me!
    That JBL/Brahma combo is very proven and has pleased people quite well... I think you'll like what you hear!

Closed Thread