Closed Thread

Reload Thread: "Stero" does a car stero have just diffrent sounds from left to right, or???

xtremelimits285 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Stero" does a car stero have just diffrent sounds from left to right, or???

Hey guys i have a question, i have a old but nice US AMP that is running my 12" rite now, its a usa-400, its a 88-91 model, it puts out 200 watts rms x 2 @ 2ohms, it has 2 channels, and can be briggend to 2 ohms..... Im getting 2 15" subs and they'll get a new amp, soo i was woundering " Can i hook up this amp to my front 6.5" speakers, and my rear 6x8's and have the amp run both a left front & left rear on the left channel, and do the same on the right???" and then just have my cd player power the two 3.5" dash speakers, 22watts rms should be fine for each 3.5's rite?

BTW my cars a 1990 ford gt vert mustang.......

SOOOOO do u think that will be fine i know ill never get any money out of the amp so i want to use it, plus before i had it hooked to my subs it played so clear on a pairb of 6x9's

TheVanMan is offline Why you looking here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: "Stero" does a car stero have just diffrent sounds from left to right, or???

If you amp is not a class D amp then you should be fine to play regular speakers with them. You said you ran a pair of 6x9 on them which means that it is most likely a class AB with a high pass filter. So most likely you should be fine running your speakers to them if they can handle the power.

AOL s/n: Bramab
    Current Car: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Current system (Always under construction):
    Head unit: Kenwood DNX5120
    Front Dash speakers: 3.5 midrange with DRT-25 Tweets
    Front Door speakers: (2) Dayton Reference RS225 8" woofers
    Rear Door speakers: Stock Boston Acoustic speakers (mostly faded out for slight rearfill)
    Sub amp: JL 1000/1
    Speaker amp: Eclipse EA4000
    Subwoofer: JL Audio 13W7
    Sub enclosure: 2.375 tuned to 30hz

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: "Stero" does a car stero have just diffrent sounds from left to right, or???

Quote Originally Posted by xtremelimits285
    " Can i hook up this amp to my front 6.5" speakers, and my rear 6x8's and have the amp run both a left front & left rear on the left channel, and do the same on the right???"
    Yes, hook both Left speakers to one channel, and both Right speakers to the other channel. The only thing you'll lose out on is the ability to fade front/rear.

and then just have my cd player power the two 3.5" dash speakers, 22watts rms should be fine for each 3.5's rite?
    If you are amping your 6.5s and 6x9s, then you shouldn't need the 3.5s at all. If I were you, I'd just leave them unhooked all together. The only thing they'll do is degrade the sound......................

Closed Thread