Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Do i need a electronic crossover?

nofriends46 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Do i need a electronic crossover?

I have 2 12" Punch HE2, pushing them with a Punch 500a2. Using a Soundstream Rubicon 204 pushing my front 4" Blaupunkt (blue ones, just installed it), Rear 5 1/4" Pioneers and R19 Kicker Tweeters.
    Using 150hz bass blockers for the rear and 600hz for the Blaupunkt. I have a Profile Electronic crossover, sub input and front input. Has High,mid,sub full outputs.
    I just installed it, all i hear is HIGHS!!!
    Plus my head unit, is a Panasonic 601U,
    i turn it all the way up (40), its loud but before installed a 4-channel amp, usually on 20-25 its already loud just using the head unit to pus the speakers.

So the question is, do i need the electronic crossover or i have to adjust them, but i'm thinking just taking it out because i dunno whats wrong.... also so much wires all over the place

any suggestions?!?!?!

kingpin_jeffie is offline i need a vacation...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    now which speakers are you just hearing highs from? just subs or everything?
    it sounds like you have a rca connected to the wrong input somewhere in there so going through there and looking at the connections wouldnt hurt

you dont neccesarily need a crossover buy they can come in handy when fine tuning the crossover points for multiple componets such as are in your system

Eclipse 8445|Alpine Type X 137r|Diamond D5 300.2/1200.1|ID 10v.3|

Refs: KARLEON, sephiroth619, SiX, Showrides, angrytrucker78, davidfre21, Relax, Slammed

He who laughs last is usually the slowest...

Closed Thread