Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Audison / Focal Setup? Suggestions

casscarr2002 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Audison / Focal Setup? Suggestions

After another discussion with the shop guys near me.
    We talked about running an Audison Amp ( SRx 4 or LRx 4.300 ) to drive the front Components (either Polyglass or K2 Power 6.5 Component), and having 1 13" Focal Sub ( the Access 13" or the Polyglass 13")
    I'm looking for some folks who've either heard or used these in their setups. The SQ was phenomenal as far as I could tell.
    Anyone experienced Audison/Focal??
    Thanks

The other possible setup was the Crossfire/Kenwood layout I posted earlier. (Amp should be 705D instead of 404 though)

supa_c is offline Abministrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Audison / Focal Setup? Suggestions

i havent experienced them but i know that setup ist gonna be cheap!!! Dang homie

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya, the Audison/Focal setup with Clarion high end Headunit and including install was gonna run about $3,500. It really just depends on which Focal platform I want to go with. The K2 was simply awesome. I'm still a little concerned about the low end. The Focal 13" he had playing was nice, but I wouldn't mind, in those very few cases, to have the ability to rattle the wheels if possible He carries Fosgate too, so I'll see later this week
    LMAO, my budget started at $2,000 and I've almost doubled it, hehe. don't tell my wifey

EFFENDI is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I honestly think that you could do better for that much....

References: rattlebrain, dabossofbosses, sampson, Netherland24, cjjackson85,cheeseburger85 abcheng, bumpin_beamer, BigRick31, AudioPLaya368

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes I probably could. This setup is going 5.1 when we can and if we can, so I figure I'm putting the $$ in goods spots now. I've debated on throwing the Clarion 5.1Prologic II deck in and run another mid or tweet on the dash for playing CD's in DPII surround. I'm a big home theatre buff, so I'm more concerned with SQ than thump, but I believe everyone in Car audio has that "thump" itch either way, and I do want that
    I heard Crossfire's/RF's/Clarion/Phoenix Gold comp's, and the Focal's although a lot pricier were a complete step above any and all of them.

supa_c is offline Abministrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RF,PG and clarion are not in the same league as Focal. Of course there gonna sound better

EFFENDI is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5.1 would be a nice setup. I'd do that in my burb if A: was a little smaller, B: had the money

good luck to you. the focal polyglass from what i have heard about them are a very nice line. never heard much about the K2. focal woofers are a little weak, more designed for SQ and not SPL. if you want a nice blend of both I reccomend either the RE XXX, or Adire Audio Brahma, i dont know what availability is like in Canada but here the XXX's are sold out. A lot of people on this forum swear by the XXX's. My best advice to you is buy what you like. what sounds the best to you. we cant decide without hearing it for ourselves as well. i know of an install with a guy who spend more than 30,000.00 USD on an alll focal utopia setup in a crown victoria. the installers thought he was absolutely nuts for doing it. and they admitted that it wasnt the best sounding setup, blame it on either install or components, either way you had better end up being happy with it for that amount of cash.

btw what part of ontario you in and who is doing the install?

References: rattlebrain, dabossofbosses, sampson, Netherland24, cjjackson85,cheeseburger85 abcheng, bumpin_beamer, BigRick31, AudioPLaya368

NINaudio is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can't go wrong with an Audison amp. I have a vrx 4.300 running cy components and my sub. I would honestly stick with focal over rf. Does he have JL or Image Dynamics? if he does I'd look into a 13w6v2 or an iDMax.

98 Accord Coupe

HU: Sony Mobile ES CDX-C910, 10 Disc changer
    Amp: Audison VrX 4.300 EX2
    Comp: Boston Acoustic Pro series 6.5^3
    Sub: IDMax 12" in 1.5^3 ft sealed box.
    150 Amp Alternator

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supa_c
    RF,PG and clarion are not in the same league as Focal. Of course there gonna sound better

If anyone had seen my previous post about a Crossfire/Kenwood setup in here, you'd realize I've been away from Car Audio for almost 12 years now so I am trying to reeducate myself on products and performance, I used to run AVI equipment back then but I always loved RF and PG. I'm glad to hear that Focal is well regarded.

EFFENDI, I'm in Oakville, Shop around the corner from me is "Altered Sound", the Crossfire/Kenwood setup was gonna be done by "Audio Illusion".

Closed Thread