Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New member and current planned system

CyPRus is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New member and current planned system

Hey folks. Was checking out the site and found a lot of posts about jls w7 subs and how it compares to others on the market. Looking for a system for my car and a pair of 10" w7's being the planned figured I'd see if I couldn't get some alternate suggestions here before buying.

Plan: ( '95 318ti )
    Head unit: Clarion DXZ945MP
    Subs: 2x 10" w7
    Amp: (no idea)
    Speakers and tweeters: Stock BMW for right now

Also looking for suggestions on enclosures. Looking for something unique and as inexpesive as possible even if it means attempting to fabricate it myself depending on the price variations.

Note: car does not have a well in the trunk for the spare, bout a ~10x8x2 indentation for a toolbox and the spare mounted on the underside.

Thanks in advance for those who take the time to reply and read through this entire post. : )

saywhat? is offline satx120, jealous?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New member and current planned system

if u havent bought/ordered the w7's look around more. there are plenty subs that will perform as well/out perform those subs...... www.reaudio.com look up the XXX sub, as well as www.aireaudio.com and look at the brahma.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

what's your budget? If you can afford them, the W7s are very nice subs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i agree but there is better for the money, but by all means its your system and your hard earned cash, i have been impressed by a few w7 and weven w6 setups.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saywhat?
    i agree but there is better for the money, but by all means its your system and your hard earned cash, i have been impressed by a few w7 and weven w6 setups.
    W7's are very nice drivers indeed. But are they worth the price?? My opinion no, only because their are drivers that cost less and perform alot better like for instance, Adire Brahma, RE XXX, RE SX, etc they all cost less and are better drivers.

knight007 is offline Kiss D R][ngs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I second that Mazdaspeed99...I could've picked up a 12" W7 but decided for the money I might as well go with Image Dynamics Max 10" Ver.3 4ohm DVC and I was able to get 2. Also what I considered was the OHMs on the W7s......they are 3ohm DVC = 6ohms and in order to drop them down to 1ohm I would need 3 subs or 1.5ohms with 2 subs and to my knowledge JL made their AMPS to work with their SUBS and you know the hefty price tag on the Mono Block JL Amps are out of this world. Thats my 2 cents.

HU: Kenwood DDX7015
    Comp Amp: HiFonics ZX4400
    Sub Amp: HiFonics BX1500BD
    Front Stage: Diamond Audio M651
    Rear Stage: Eclipse 3 Way
    Subs: ID Max 10 Ver.3 D4
    Enclosure: 1.3CuFt per sub, sealed enclosure

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

any amp that can drop to 1 ohm, can run at anything above that, so the amp response is not worth mentioning.

cobra65427289 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed99
    W7's are very nice drivers indeed. But are they worth the price?? My opinion no, only because their are drivers that cost less and perform alot better like for instance, Adire Brahma, RE XXX, RE SX, etc they all cost less and are better drivers.
    i disagree. i dont think the brahma, xxx, or SX can perform better than the w7. they may perform as good. i am of course speaking sound quality wise. no doubt the above mentioned subs will get louder than the w7.

al

Fact 1: 79,000,000 people are engaged in intercourse right now.
    Fact 2: 58,000,000 are kissing.
    Fact 3: 37,000,000 are relaxing after having *** .
    Fact 4: 1 lonely bugger is reading forums...- You hang in there sunshine!

CyPRus is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First of all thank you for all the replies already. And no haven't got the w7's yet and in terms of budget, the cheaper the better. I'd really like to keep it under a thousand but I know that's not really feasable for the quality I'm looking for. so for the most part just looking for suggestions so I know how hard I'm gonna have to work my *** off to afford everything. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could always sell the BMW and get a honda. The savings on parts alone would afford you a $3,000 system and you'd still come out ahead! j/k =)

You can always go with budget RE's, profile amps, self made boxes, and find bargains like the $150 CDT components or last years "outdated" (pffft whatever) model of h/u and put together a ******* system for under $1000.

Remember, spend more time on a propper install and less time working to buy "better" equipment. The install you do will mean a lot more than the dollars you spend to your ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CyPRus
    First of all thank you for all the replies already. And no haven't got the w7's yet and in terms of budget, the cheaper the better. I'd really like to keep it under a thousand but I know that's not really feasable for the quality I'm looking for. so for the most part just looking for suggestions so I know how hard I'm gonna have to work my *** off to afford everything. Thanks again.
    if u tell me where u can get 2 w7 10s for under a grand if your buying locally.....get me some. my sound advice wants 750 for a 12. and i dont think 10's are less than 5 bills. if ur looking under 1000 bux go to www.knuconceptz.com for wiring, www.adireaudio.com / www.reaudio.com / i would say SI but they had a unfortunate mishappening but if u can find a used D2 they are great subs as well. you could probably pick a used rockford 1001bd for a little under 2 bills (got mine for 1 woopie!). also eD has great products, and this isnt going to turn into a flame/bash war. theres plenty of those. look through those companies, and if u need more amp help, go to the 1000+ watt amp thread. i always say amps should be about 60-70 perfect of what u spend....but in some cases that is broken. check out maybe an alpine 9821 or 9825 bouth around 2-250 bux. check out a single XXX if u want a great sql sub, or check out a single brahma, or even a couple shiva or tempest, GREAT but sorta ugly subs, that is if u dont like to make ur friends think your crazy, and then u blow them away with performance. keep a look out on ebay, and check out www.ikesound.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobra65427289
    i disagree. i dont think the brahma, xxx, or SX can perform better than the w7. they may perform as good. i am of course speaking sound quality wise. no doubt the above mentioned subs will get louder than the w7.

al
    Actually the SX and XXX, have been known to sound alot better then a W7. Believe me I have heard all these subs, i'm sure i know what sounds better.

packerfan is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually the SX and XXX, have been known to sound alot better then a W7. Believe me I have heard all these subs, i'm sure i know what sounds better.
    Your a joke :hilarious

Look in to alpine type X's also, they sound preaty **** good and get very loud with lots of p ower.

Eclipse CD7000
    MTX TA7804
    Eclipse SC8365
    MTX TA92001
    9 Elemental Designs 13Ov.2's (15.5 cu ft ported box)
    O/1g All around, 2 Yellow tops, big 3.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Believe me, I've heard them all, and it's subjective ... I'm sure I know what sounds better

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by packerfan
    Your a joke :hilarious

Look in to alpine type X's also, they sound preaty **** good and get very loud with lots of p ower.
    You have been a joke ever since the day you were born. I mean you try so hard to be like dbfan which is kind of funny.

Did I forget to say the packers ****?? Sorry just had to throw that in the mix.

Closed Thread