Closed Thread

Reload Thread: I have and SPL question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have and SPL question.

What is the best woofer and amp combination that will blow away the competition in SPL comps? If you know what they are let me know where i can find them. Thanks

K&N Air Filter, 40 Series Flows, Jegs off road H-Pipe, Mac Underdrvie pulleys, Jegs Aluminum driveshaft, NOS 100 shot of N2O.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Installation, Installation. Choose any SPL woofer and put it in the right environment and you have a chance to take the trophy.

BassiKLowZ is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, thats like asking what is the lowest line SUB you can get... there will always be one lower and crappier! lol

natem33 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you're looking to have the loudest bass around start by checking out MMATS Juggernaut. Match that with an MMATS amp, or maybe even a Harrison Labs amp. But as mentioned earlier, the huge SPL systems that make the elite status in competitions don't rely on just the best sub and amp. They spend countless hours with trial and error installation techniques. A good install is what wins the competitions.

MR_LOWRIDER is offline junior spl'r

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JBL

Large enclosure(trial and error) + High end sub(s)+power(rms)=having a chance at winning SPL.You want a nice amp look at the new jbl A6000gti it is the most powerful amp for car audio in the world(6000+rms),take that and a couple high end 15 or 18" subs and get your large ported box dialed in and your car will fall 2 pieces man.I wonder how much that amp is gonna sell for.

SONY CD HU
    JBL GTO 6.5"/1" TWEETS
    JBL 4x6's
    SONY CLASS D AMP
    NO SUB(soon to come)

derekls is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    try 2 15 inch MTX RFL and bout 4 JBLbd1000.1 and see how that does ....lol

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by derekls
    try 2 15 inch MTX RFL and bout 4 JBLbd1000.1 and see how that does ....lol
    i picked up the MTX part, but i think you might be drinking lol,
    the JBL is called the 1200.1 and the rockford is called the bd1000 lol.

MSN - pnenis@hotmail.com
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: I have and SPL question.

Originally posted by THE_BASS_BOSS
    What is the best woofer and amp combination that will blow away the competition in SPL comps? If you know what they are let me know where i can find them. Thanks
    When you find out let me know. I know a couple thousand people that would pay top dollar Seriously though. That's one of those impossble questions to answer. THe best thing to do is look at the different SPL oriented products. Once yo find a sub
    (S) that you like. Look at all the amps on the market and find the one that can meet the power demands of yor chosen sub(S). Then get to expiramenting with enclosure design and your chosen comp vehicle. When you decide on an enclosure design. Build the enclosure so that a a train could hit your car and the enclosure will still be intact. And your going to need power, power, power. Test tones will **** the life out of a cars electrical system. So make sure your electrical system is up to the task.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

crzybob77 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon31

They are defintly right about the install being a huge part of it. But, to answer your question, i have heard a lot about DD and juggernaut subs on the various boards that i have been on when spl has been mentioned. Something a little more mainstream that is susposed to have great spl are solo barics. But, most of these subs are really loud, but also have terrible sound quality. But, if you just wanna win SPL comps, then that doesnt matter. But, if you are looking for a sub that has high spl but also good SQ, check out some IDMAXs or eclipse titaniums (both of these subs will kill your wallet though). Anyways, hoped this helps. I dont have very much first hand experience with these subs, but they are the main ones that are talking about on a lot of the forums that i go to.

Check out my system at http://www.sounddomain.com/id/crzybob77

85ss is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try 2 Mtx RFL 15's and 8 MTX 1000d's there is an mtx van here in town that has four of those 15's and 16 1000d's. It hits 170.6

KARLEON is offline Livin' Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Me too, i would have to agree with INSTALL. If you have a nice Install and any SPL Woofer, you have a chance in winning. There are so many Woofers and amp combinaations out there, so just play around with some brands and let us know what you come up with

ULTIMATE SOUNDS & PERFORMANCE Presents TWO DUDES SPL SHOOTOUT - 1st Place Champion

REFERENCES: Bigbassman, Rangerman, Deserheat, Bavarian, Req, Vosschs, George, Mountaineer Man, NGSM13, Kingpin_jeffie, Harrison, Dustin19, Iceteebone, Electrodynamic, Memphis4L, RaiN, Mikemareen, Omietrice, Suleman36, Jmanpc, Kickerlivinloud, ibanender, massiveaudiocw, phoenix88, polecat, j3bus2k3

EVOECLIPSE is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    try a couple of orion HCCA 15" if you will. and a few amps. a big *** box and some vents/ports. the right instal is a big part and then you got a winner. lol

03 S-10 xtreme

HEAD UNIT - Kenwood Excelon KDC-X869

4X6'S - Kenwood Excelon KFC-X468c

6.5's - Kenwood Excelon KFC-X168

SUB AMP - JBL BP1200.1

SUB - Kicker Solo Baric S10L7D2

Closed Thread