+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Building my first car audio system, need help!

BOOMINGRANDPA is online now CHEAP A/F

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

Re: Building my first car audio system, need help!

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMan View Post
    We have ALOT of ground zero subs here in Norway.. There aren't really many stores in Norway that sell real car audio either, so I will just order online. Here are some links to some Norwegian websites.

https://www.bassbrothers.no/bilstere...217&page_193=1
    Subwoofere › Produktkategorier › Sandviks Bass & Bongel
    https://bilradiospes.no/produkter/bi...er/basselement
    do you want just loud or mostly sq or middle? how much power will you have to run it or how much $ will u spend on amp?

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, custom 2.11 cf ad ported tuned @ 36hz 30.375 port area, soundqubed 6.5" coax, hp xover (hu), AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Popwarhomie View Post
    Shit Ill sleep with you if you do that for me..
    i TiPe LiKe MeNtAlL cHaLeNgE fReE.

PocketMan is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    do you want just loud or mostly sq or middle? how much power will you have to run it or how much $ will u spend on amp?
    I want something that is loud, and capable of playing low notes. For the amp, I will go with something around 400-500 dollars, kinda hard to say right now, but I will definetly have to get something with enough power.

Sorry for late replies, still getting used to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

I want something that is loud, and capable of playing low notes. For the amp, I will go with something around 400-500 dollars, kinda hard to say right now, but I will definetly have to get something with enough power.

Sorry for late replies, still getting used to the forum.
    sa is pretty loud does ok on lows by most accounts the x is better at lows but doesn't play higher as well and takes lots more power.. that sundown U looks like it may be better at both but cost more and again takes more power.. keep in mind after what we call "box rise" sub only really gets about 1/2 the power amp makes. really it's close to what the next highest ohm load is (so if u wired to 1 ohm amp does 1500 but at 2 ohm if amp does 750 thats what's closer to actual power to sub) point is if u want 1500rms u need a big amp like 2k+ and u will need big 3 wires under hood and 2nd battery.. so if u don't want to spend more $ on bigger wire etc go with d2 sa 15 and a 1k- 1200rms amp (set gain well) but something like a rockford 750 will do ok with it. if u don't mind the other $ and work get a "bigger" sub and amp

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, custom 2.11 cf ad ported tuned @ 36hz 30.375 port area, soundqubed 6.5" coax, hp xover (hu), AGM starting batt...
    2 ohms rule

poolman966554 is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

sa is pretty loud does ok on lows by most accounts the x is better at lows but doesn't play higher as well and takes lots more power.. that sundown U looks like it may be better at both but cost more and again takes more power.. keep in mind after what we call "box rise" sub only really gets about 1/2 the power amp makes. really it's close to what the next highest ohm load is (so if u wired to 1 ohm amp does 1500 but at 2 ohm if amp does 750 thats what's closer to actual power to sub) point is if u want 1500rms u need a big amp like 2k+ and u will need big 3 wires under hood and 2nd battery.. so if u don't want to spend more $ on bigger wire etc go with d2 sa 15 and a 1k- 1200rms amp (set gain well) but something like a rockford 750 will do ok with it. if u don't mind the other $ and work get a "bigger" sub and amp
    Sa series will take 1k without any problems with a clean signal. Clip at that power, and you have instant recone practice. as you mentioned box rise, id recommend a 2k amp on an sa series sub. Headroom is a good thing.

FYI, im gonna be running 3 sa12s on my scv3000d at .66 ohms. and they will like it.

Avinusa HU for 2007 Honda Crv
    Electrical : Duracell Grp 34 AGM with Big3
    front stage : Sundown Sae 50.4 on DB651s
    Sub amp : AB 4480.1
    Subs : 2) Sundown SA-12s @1 ohm in 3.8cu'ft @ 32hz

shredder2 is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)

If you list the available space you are willing to give up H x W x D and let the forum weigh in on choices, you'll get good info. People here will tell ya what'll fit, even account for port clearance, I'm sure everyone here would be able to advise you on what'll fit, get low and sound good... just let folks hear what sort of result/goal you want. Also, if you put up a pic of the cargo area that would help. If you want to keep it under the windowline make sure the height you give is that measurement, and realistically how many electrical upgrades are you willing to pay for. A 3-5K amp will probably need some $$$ just in electrical upgrades to be done correctly (alt, batts and wire) so think about that.

Even a single 15 can use just a bit of space...

Lol... doin a pair could get kinda big... do you got a lot of space that you'll give up?

6. Thanks PocketMan thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

After what I have heard and read about the SA 15, thats what I will most likely go with. A single SA 15 with a decent amp, and a good sized box

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shredder2 View Post
    If you list the available space you are willing to give up H x W x D and let the forum weigh in on choices, you'll get good info. People here will tell ya what'll fit, even account for port clearance, I'm sure everyone here would be able to advise you on what'll fit, get low and sound good... just let folks hear what sort of result/goal you want. Also, if you put up a pic of the cargo area that would help. If you want to keep it under the windowline make sure the height you give is that measurement, and realistically how many electrical upgrades are you willing to pay for. A 3-5K amp will probably need some $$$ just in electrical upgrades to be done correctly (alt, batts and wire) so think about that.

Even a single 15 can use just a bit of space...

Lol... doin a pair could get kinda big... do you got a lot of space that you'll give up?
    I went out and meassured the trunk, and the design of it is kinda stupid.. the space closest to the rear seats have this kind of curve that takes up alot of space. I would have taken some pictures but its kinda late and dark. But this is excactly like mine. The thing you see on the top of the seats can also be removed https://www.google.no/search?q=Bmw+e...Fk96KuEwOpn3M:

The numbers I got was H20 x W36 x D23, and I could maybe go up to 27 in depth if needed. Are you sure that box isn't designed for an E46? Hahaha.
    I see now that a pair of 15 would take up all the space, so that can't be done. I will just go with a single 15. Changing the alternator is also something i don't want to do, but an extra battery could be done if that is any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

I went out and meassured the trunk, and the design of it is kinda stupid.. the space closest to the rear seats have this kind of curve that takes up alot of space. I would have taken some pictures but its kinda late and dark. But this is excactly like mine. The thing you see on the top of the seats can also be removed https://www.google.no/search?q=Bmw+e...Fk96KuEwOpn3M:

The numbers I got was H20 x W36 x D23, and I could maybe go up to 27 in depth if needed. Are you sure that box isn't designed for an E46? Hahaha.
    I see now that a pair of 15 would take up all the space, so that can't be done. I will just go with a single 15. Changing the alternator is also something i don't want to do, but an extra battery could be done if that is any help.
    yeah 1 15 will take box about like 2 12's but u only have to buy 1 sub and use all amps power to 1 sub.. amp quality has dropped a lot so if u get a sundown sub u be ok but let us help you pick the amp of course we don't know prices over there..

2 ohms rule

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7683 Post(s)

I have looked at subs from USA, and what it costs with shipping, and its just insane.
    The price of a Sundown Audio X12 in USA is 500 dollars, and in Norway it costs 770 dollars...

Something I have considered tho, is to get a box design for 2 15s, but run only one 15 to begin with. And get the other 15 when I have enough money.
    Will this sound absolutely **** with only one of them in? Considering that the box is built for two hahah
    I could also go with 12s, as this leaves maybe a little more space
    check on the prices you can get for B2 audio, digital designs, vibe audio(black death series only), ground zero and you already listed earthquake. Those brands are go to brands in the EU for loud and low bass. There should be plenty of dealers for them that you can get for cheaper. They are every bit as good as sundown.

I'd go with a single 18 inch sub in the space available to you with the dimensions you provided.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

shredder2 is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)

Really id do a single 1-1.5k 15" sub in an enclosure
    tuned to 33-34hz and add a decent AGM battery or 2 if needed...then watch voltage. A 1.5-2k amp would match the sub well and if voltage drops too much , cross that hurdle if it becomes a problem.
    Look at the local available gear... the B2 stuff is good equipment.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

yeah 1 15 will take box about like 2 12's but u only have to buy 1 sub and use all amps power to 1 sub.. amp quality has dropped a lot so if u get a sundown sub u be ok but let us help you pick the amp of course we don't know prices over there..
    When it comes to amplifiers Im really clueless, so it would be great if you guys could recommend an amp for something like a SA15. Here are some links to show what is sold here in Norway:
    Monoforsterkere › Produktkategorier › Sandviks Bass & Bongel
    https://bilradiospes.no/produkter/bi...ono-forsterker
    https://www.audiocom.no/bilstereo/forsterker/mono

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

When it comes to amplifiers Im really clueless, so it would be great if you guys could recommend an amp for something like a SA15. Here are some links to show what is sold here in Norway:
    Monoforsterkere › Produktkategorier › Sandviks Bass & Bongel
    yeah u have great options there. the sundown 1k or the alpine 1200 would be good (just remember if u get amp that does most of it's power at 2 ohm u need a d4 sub) idk the sound digital some peeps here may.. i'd say jbl if it's cheaper but they don't have a subsonic filter which u need with ported box (prevents sub from getting freqs below box tuning)

2 ohms rule

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    check on the prices you can get for B2 audio, digital designs, vibe audio(black death series only), ground zero and you already listed earthquake. Those brands are go to brands in the EU for loud and low bass. There should be plenty of dealers for them that you can get for cheaper. They are every bit as good as sundown.

I'd go with a single 18 inch sub in the space available to you with the dimensions you provided.
    A single 18 would be insane, but doable if my dimensions could fit one hahah. Ground Zeros 18 looks sick: https://www.xtremecar.no/ground-zero...1-2x1-ohm.html
    I also fould this B2 sub, but don't know if it is any good or not comparing it to the ground zero.
    B2 Audio ISX18D1 Dual 1ohm spoler - DYNABEL AS

THATpurpleKUSH is online now Smoke weed everyday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Monoforsterkere Produktkategorier Sandviks Bass & Bongel
    This amp would be great: https://bilradiospes.no/produkter/bi...sterker/dm1500

another good choice: https://bilradiospes.no/produkter/bi...erker/r1200-1d

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

yeah u have great options there. the sundown 1k or the alpine 1200 would be good (just remember if u get amp that does most of it's power at 2 ohm u need a d4 sub) idk the sound digital some peeps here may.. i'd say jbl if it's cheaper but they don't have a subsonic filter which u need with ported box (prevents sub from getting freqs below box tuning)
    Yeah, yet another thing to think about.. Then I will have to get an amp with subsonic filter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Tag List