+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Subwoofer amp & setup options. Help/opinions wanted!

Superdude1987 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Subwoofer amp & setup options. Help/opinions wanted!

Hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions as I am upgrading the system in my '14 Tacoma and want to optimize the gear I have. Currently, I'm running a JL 10Tw3 powerwedge & Focal 165AS front speakers, all from a JL XD700/5. I am going to upgrade by adding another identical sub and swapping out the amp for a JL XD1000/5. My question is should I run the entire system (2 10" subs & all speakers) with the new 1000/5, or could I use the 1000/5 to power just the subs and used the XD700/5 to run the speakers? So, when all is said and done, this is the gear I will have:

Subs: 2 x JL 10TW3: JL Audio: Car Stereo, Speakers, Subs, Amps, Home Theater

Amps: 1 JL XD700/5v2 & 1 JL XD1000/5v2: JL Audio: Car Stereo, Speakers, Subs, Amps, Home Theater & JL Audio: Car Stereo, Speakers, Subs, Amps, Home Theater

Front speakers: FOCAL 165AS -- https://www.crutchfield.com/S-sID1dC...nce-165AS.html

Is your guy's opinions, what is the best way to utilize this to its full potential? Do I run the whole thing from the XD 1000/5v2 or do I use both amps? Any advice is appreciated, thanks so much!

nauc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Re: Subwoofer amp & setup options. Help/opinions wanted!

what impedance are the subs?

your links dont work

Alpine 9887, Oz ME 180CS, RF R500X1D, 12" RE SE Sealed, Second Skin Damp Pro

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List