+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Reload Thread: Hifonics Amps

  1. #1
    jeeper2269's Avatar
    jeeper2269 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, OR
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

    Hifonics Amps

    Twenty years ago I had a hifonix amp that was about six inches wide. No idea power. But I remember it distributed amazing power.


    Are the new ones the same ?







  2. #2
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2710 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper2269 View Post
    Twenty years ago I had a hifonix amp that was about six inches wide. No idea power. But I remember it distributed amazing power.


    Are the new ones the same ?
    god no... they do 1/2 rated in most cases at best so a 1200 may say 600rms but maynot even do that.. look at new s soundqubed amps or wolfram for decent amps but what is your budget and what are u gonna to power with amp?



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule

  3. #3
    osl's Avatar
    osl
    osl is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    New ones are garbage. 20 years ago, they were ZED, IIRC



    feedback:
    Davidfre21

  4. #4
    bigblank69's Avatar
    bigblank69 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Huntley, IL
    Posts
    1,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    700 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by osl View Post
    New ones are garbage. 20 years ago, they were ZED, IIRC
    20 Year’s ago they were API....



    Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX
    Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D
    Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components
    Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5
    Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

  5. #5
    bgowdy's Avatar
    bgowdy is offline HE NEEDS SOME MILK



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Posts
    7,840
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    71
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2490 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    god no... they do 1/2 rated in most cases at best so a 1200 may say 600rms but maynot even do that.. look at new s soundqubed amps or wolfram for decent amps but what is your budget and what are u gonna to power with amp?
    Come one... they are not THAT bad lol... Some do rated or close.... A couple have the same board as the soundqubed(not bashing SQ because im a SQ guy) just saying



    06 DODGE STRATUS SXT
    Subs: Sundown ZV4 15 D1 Rev1 Motor/Rev2 Softies
    Enclosure: 3.85 Cubes Net Tuned 36hz
    Amp: Soundstream Ta.3kw @ .5ohm
    Stock 120a Alt ~1 XS D3400 & 1 Kinetic HC1800 ~ Multiple runs of Bullz Audio 1/0
    Loudest Build Score ~ 148


    F.C.B.C. > 2010 450 Street 3rd Place Overall > 2011 450 Street Champion
    YOUTUBE SEARCH->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

  6. #6
    bigblank69's Avatar
    bigblank69 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Huntley, IL
    Posts
    1,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    700 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by bgowdy View Post
    Come one... they are not THAT bad lol... Some do rated or close.... A couple have the same board as the soundqubed(not bashing SQ because im a SQ guy) just saying
    One amp had a SQ board, the BRZ2400.1d the rest did not.... They are very hit or miss...



    Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX
    Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D
    Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components
    Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5
    Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

  7. #7
    bgowdy's Avatar
    bgowdy is offline HE NEEDS SOME MILK



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Posts
    7,840
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    71
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2490 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblank69 View Post
    One amp had a SQ board, the BRZ2400.1d the rest did not.... They are very hit or miss...
    Actually the HFI2500, BXI2608, BXI2607, BXI2610, also shared the same board as the 2200



    06 DODGE STRATUS SXT
    Subs: Sundown ZV4 15 D1 Rev1 Motor/Rev2 Softies
    Enclosure: 3.85 Cubes Net Tuned 36hz
    Amp: Soundstream Ta.3kw @ .5ohm
    Stock 120a Alt ~1 XS D3400 & 1 Kinetic HC1800 ~ Multiple runs of Bullz Audio 1/0
    Loudest Build Score ~ 148


    F.C.B.C. > 2010 450 Street 3rd Place Overall > 2011 450 Street Champion
    YOUTUBE SEARCH->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

  8. #8
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2710 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by bgowdy View Post
    Actually the HFI2500, BXI2608, BXI2607, BXI2610, also shared the same board as the 2200
    yeah that 1 that blank tested did like 1500 but the other ones most peeps have say 1200 but are 600rms amp the atlantis i had many years ago said 600 and did 600 now u lucky if u get that (i ran that at 1.66ohm bridged load can't do that with new one).. some of those hifonics that have same board as sq that i saw were pretty high $ for hifonics amp.. if u need 500rms then u can get a 1200 hifonics u will probably get 500 maybe more idk but as long as u know what u getting it's fine especially if it's used or on sale.. the pioneer 8601 blank just tested did rated power and is on sale on walmart.com for $99 just saying other better amps that are at least rated closer to what the do for same or less $.. i'd just stick to the ones u can find a dyno on honestly i'd rather buy a skar which as u know peeps here hate..



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule

  9. #9
    bgowdy's Avatar
    bgowdy is offline HE NEEDS SOME MILK



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Posts
    7,840
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    71
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2490 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    yeah that 1 that blank tested did like 1500 but the other ones most peeps have say 1200 but are 600rms amp the atlantis i had many years ago said 600 and did 600 now u lucky if u get that (i ran that at 1.66ohm bridged load can't do that with new one).. some of those hifonics that have same board as sq that i saw were pretty high $ for hifonics amp.. if u need 500rms then u can get a 1200 hifonics u will probably get 500 maybe more idk but as long as u know what u getting it's fine especially if it's used or on sale.. the pioneer 8601 blank just tested did rated power and is on sale on walmart.com for $99 just saying other better amps that are at least rated closer to what the do for same or less $.. i'd just stick to the ones u can find a dyno on honestly i'd rather buy a skar which as u know peeps here hate..
    I know man i was just saying, i dont run HF...... I have no issue with Skar though others have issues from years ago with owner. I never had issues with skar quip ive owned and all the skar builds i have seen have been nice. It seems everyone has issues with previous "shady" buiz practices from kevin and what not but to me does not take away from the quality of the skar products. When it comes down to it skar performs and i ignore all the negative people say towards it. Hell i would buy it just because they bash it just to be different lol. I know the product is good. Im not worried about the owner.



    06 DODGE STRATUS SXT
    Subs: Sundown ZV4 15 D1 Rev1 Motor/Rev2 Softies
    Enclosure: 3.85 Cubes Net Tuned 36hz
    Amp: Soundstream Ta.3kw @ .5ohm
    Stock 120a Alt ~1 XS D3400 & 1 Kinetic HC1800 ~ Multiple runs of Bullz Audio 1/0
    Loudest Build Score ~ 148


    F.C.B.C. > 2010 450 Street 3rd Place Overall > 2011 450 Street Champion
    YOUTUBE SEARCH->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

  10. #10
    Buick_66's Avatar
    Buick_66 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    24
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    I'm doing a full Hifonics amp build with the 20 year old stuff (well 18). I have the XI Colossus and 2 XI Zeus amps. American made, class AB, Power hungry, mean *** amps.
    Then they shipped production to Korea...

    I would still say they are best bang for your buck in the cheap category...and there are tons of people still using them with good reviews.



    15" Eclipse Titanium, 2 8" JBL GTO 804, 3 way Focal 165VR3, 2 way Focal 165 V30, Hifonics XI Colossus, 2 Hifonics XI Zeus. Visonik 3 way Crossover, Phoenix Gold DD10

  11. #11
    Jeffdachef's Avatar
    Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Coast Metro, CA
    Posts
    16,196
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7919 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by Buick_66 View Post
    I'm doing a full Hifonics amp build with the 20 year old stuff (well 18). I have the XI Colossus and 2 XI Zeus amps. American made, class AB, Power hungry, mean *** amps.
    Then they shipped production to Korea...

    I would still say they are best bang for your buck in the cheap category...and there are tons of people still using them with good reviews.
    the newer stuff? Its reviews from people who never had anything better. Hifonics amps are basically power acoustik amps with their level of exaggeration of power output. Their brx 3000 only does 1800 watts. Their BRE elite brutus 1700 amp only did 1200 watts. Those amps when they first came out were expensive AF and people got fked over actually wasting their money on that garbage because no one wanted to call out and point out how garbage the amps really are for the price you pay. Only lately when the brx 3000 amp dyno vid came out is when hifonics dropped the price on that amp down to where it really should have been BECAUSE they got their @ss called out. There's WAAAAY better amps costing the same or less money that actually does good power numbers on the dyno with much better efficiency. There is NO reason to ever use hifonics amps. Hifonics amps do have a roll off under 30hz as well from all the ones i've tested. Direct swap with a korean amp with nothing else changed, both amps were at zero subsonic, the korean amps played down to 17hz while the hifonics died at 28hz.

    Quote Originally Posted by bgowdy View Post
    Come one... they are not THAT bad lol... Some do rated or close.... A couple have the same board as the soundqubed(not bashing SQ because im a SQ guy) just saying

    Literally almost everything after the BRZ line is power acoustik level junk, The rest are overpriced and mediocre at best. a brx 3000 dynoing only 1800 clean. YUP. They marketed that soo hard as a 3k amp when it first came out. Now, they backed the fk off. Shoutouts to all the dyno vids being done and showing people what a fraud the newer amps are.



    09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

  12. #12
    bgowdy's Avatar
    bgowdy is offline HE NEEDS SOME MILK



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Posts
    7,840
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    71
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2490 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    Literally almost everything after the BRZ line is power acoustik level junk, The rest are overpriced and mediocre at best. a brx 3000 dynoing only 1800 clean. YUP. They marketed that soo hard as a 3k amp when it first came out. Now, they backed the fk off. Shoutouts to all the dyno vids being done and showing people what a fraud the newer amps are.
    Im pretty sure i seen a test of both the BRZ & sq2200 and they were actually close in power. i cant speak for the other amps or these newer amps but the brz was not that bad.



    06 DODGE STRATUS SXT
    Subs: Sundown ZV4 15 D1 Rev1 Motor/Rev2 Softies
    Enclosure: 3.85 Cubes Net Tuned 36hz
    Amp: Soundstream Ta.3kw @ .5ohm
    Stock 120a Alt ~1 XS D3400 & 1 Kinetic HC1800 ~ Multiple runs of Bullz Audio 1/0
    Loudest Build Score ~ 148


    F.C.B.C. > 2010 450 Street 3rd Place Overall > 2011 450 Street Champion
    YOUTUBE SEARCH->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

  13. #13
    nauc's Avatar
    nauc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,812
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    i just picked this up for $115 new off Amazon. its rated at 500 at 2 ohms, but the birth sheet says 630. i have a scope and will see what it does after i get it all hooked up. it feels quality too.




    Alpine 9887, Oz ME 180CS, RF R500X1D, 12" RE SE Sealed, Second Skin Damp Pro

  14. #14
    Jeffdachef's Avatar
    Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Coast Metro, CA
    Posts
    16,196
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7919 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps

    Quote Originally Posted by bgowdy View Post
    Im pretty sure i seen a test of both the BRZ & sq2200 and they were actually close in power. i cant speak for the other amps or these newer amps but the brz was not that bad.
    thats why i said anything after the brz. You need to stop bringing up stuff from 6-10 years ago. Everything that's relevant is whats on the market right now and the direction the company is taking in the recent years. You dont have experience, with the new stuff? Well I DO. ITS COMPLETE and utter SH*T

    going off past amps and saying the company is not that bad will give other people reading it a sense that hifonics should still be decent while in fact they are pretty garbage nowadays in terms of price to performance ratio.



    09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

  15. #15
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6181 Post(s)

    Re: Hifonics Amps




    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum