Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Is this a good setup?

I have a 2015 Lancer.

Stock speakers don't get loud at all, sound crappy and any bass just crackles and cant handle it.

Here's what I have come up with so far.

Infinity Kappa 60csx
    6-1/2" component speaker system in front and rear doors.

Infinity KAPPAFOUR 125W x 4 Full Range Class D Amplifier

Kenwood DDX374BT
    DVD receiver

Anything else I should consider or recommendations ?

Budget is $1000 for everything.

moparnut is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: Is this a good setup?

Are you wanting any kind of a sub for the low end?

Jeffdachef is offline Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7052 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raider89 View Post
    I have a 2015 Lancer.

Stock speakers don't get loud at all, sound crappy and any bass just crackles and cant handle it.

Infinity Kappa 60csx

Kenwood DDX374BT
    DVD receiver

If you dont plan on doing massive door treatments turning the doors into a proper speaker enclosure with proper custom baffle to redirect the sound wave into the car along with having a solution to absorb the rear wave, then I'd suggest you just swapping out the head unit and adding a subwoofer instead because unless you do a real legit install, aftermarkets will have way less bass and warmth in the vocals than stock speakers purely due to the install purposes Its not totally the stock speaker's fault, the stock head unit is the main culprit for overall sh*t sound since its only 3-5 watts a channel. Stock speakers on real power with a head unit to tune and process are a completely different beast.

I'd highly recommend you getting a subwoofer setup and letting your door speakers play mid/midbass frequencies rather than trying to force door speakers to play actual bass. This will already help your speakers get much louder because they arent forced to do something they arent good at and can focus on doing their jobs better once you implement a high pass filter.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

raider89 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moparnut View Post
    Are you wanting any kind of a sub for the low end?
    I am wanting to add a sub, if I have the extra funds I would just get this amp.

Pioneer GM-D9605
    5-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

Then like a single 10 or 12 inch sub like a JL Audio 10W3v3-2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    If you dont plan on doing massive door treatments turning the doors into a proper speaker enclosure with proper custom baffle to redirect the sound wave into the car along with having a solution to absorb the rear wave, then I'd suggest you just swapping out the head unit and adding a subwoofer instead because unless you do a real legit install, aftermarkets will have way less bass and warmth in the vocals than stock speakers purely due to the install purposes Its not totally the stock speaker's fault, the stock head unit is the main culprit for overall sh*t sound since its only 3-5 watts a channel. Stock speakers on real power with a head unit to tune and process are a completely different beast.

I'd highly recommend you getting a subwoofer setup and letting your door speakers play mid/midbass frequencies rather than trying to force door speakers to play actual bass. This will already help your speakers get much louder because they arent forced to do something they arent good at and can focus on doing their jobs better once you implement a high pass filter.
    Im not really looking for bass from the door speakers, and I didnt plan on doing any sound dampening, so the factory speakers will sound better and be loud with a better head unit that has more power output versus the stock head unit when the speakers start distorting and sounding like garbage when turning up the volume.

BOOMINGRANDPA is offline NOT TO OLD TO BASS

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1750 Post(s)

I am wanting to add a sub, if I have the extra funds I would just get this amp.

Pioneer GM-D9605
    5-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

Then like a single 10 or 12 inch sub like a JL Audio 10W3v3-2
    that amp better fine.. speakers need hp xover that'll help more than anything as far as stopping distortion and let sub make the bass.. u can get better sub same or less $ than jl.. u can also just replace front speakers run rears on hu or not at all (most of us don't use them) use a 4 channel amp for the fronts and bridge 2 channels to a sub.. u can use $ u save on rear speakers + spend less on sub and spend more on amp get more power to sub.. Sundown Audio SAE-1100.5 5 channel amplifier - EMF Car Audio formerly Sundown Only

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, custom 2.11 cf ad ported tuned @ 36hz 30.375 port area, soundqubed 6.5" coax, hp xover (hu), AGM starting batt... FU 750 destroying my spoiler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeeCIZJpUs pioneer 3003 videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

bigblank69 is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)

I have a 2015 Lancer.

Infinity Kappa 60csx

Kenwood DDX374BT
    DVD receiver

Could always just get a Infinity Ref 704A and a 551A... Those two combined would probably cost less than the K4. The K4 is a good amp... Also I would just get the Comps for the front speakers and get Coaxs for the rears

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX
    Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Orion XTR2500.1Dz
    Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components
    Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5
    Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post

It depends on the Stock Head Unit/ Audio systems... Not many are only 3-5 watts anymore. Shoot some of them have pretty good wattage behind them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)

Im not really looking for bass from the door speakers, and I didnt plan on doing any sound dampening, so the factory speakers will sound better and be loud with a better head unit that has more power output versus the stock head unit when the speakers start distorting and sounding like garbage when turning up the volume.
    Will it sound better? Yes... Will it sound good? No. I disagree with Jeff, a set of components with an amplifier the sound will be cleaner than non amplified regardless of sound deadening. Adding in Sound Deadening would be a smart move, but I dont think should be the determining factor ... but no your not going have a lot of bass. That's why I recommend going down slightly on the amp output for the 4 channel, and adding a subwoofer.

Infinity Ref704A and 551A = $200 shipped
    Capable HU <$350
    Wiring $100 roughly
    Subwoofer - $100-200
    Enclosure <$100
    Comps = $120-180
    Coaxs- <$90
    Total=<$1070-$1230

You can save money on the HU and enclosure as well....
    Last edited by bigblank69; 1 Week Ago at 06:22 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigblank69 View Post
    Will it sound better? Yes... Will it sound good? No. I disagree with Jeff, a set of component with an amplifier and the sound will be cleaner... but no your not going have a lot of bass. That's why I recommend going down slightly on the amp output for the 4 channel, and adding a subwoofer.

Capable HU <$350
    Wiring $100 roughly
    Subwoofer - $100-200
    Enclosure <$100
    Comps = $120-180
    Coaxs- <$90
    Total=<$1070-$1230

Infinity Ref704A and 551A = 200
    Infinity Reference REF-6520Cx - Front - 120
    Infinity Reference REF-6522EX - Rear - 62
    Kenwood DDX374BT - HU 177
    Subs - 150
    Enclosure - 70
    Wiring - Already Have

Do you have some recommendations on subs or sub that would be nice in that range little more than 150 is okay (That will work with that amp)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)

Here are better comps for less money

https://jet.com/product/detail/11814...RoC0swQAvD_BwE

I have a set sitting around the house and they are good sounding and still a Harman product (Infinity Kappa is the same set.)

For subs.. I mean it depends on what you want. At 600W Clean like that amp puts out, I think the FU300 would be a good fit, Also W3's are right there, Infinity Kappas sound good. Also you could look at Dayton HO DVCs. Those sound great and are right in that 150 range for a 12. Gramps cant wait to chime in and say the Pioneer 3003 for $80... At $150 the list could be endless

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1750 Post(s)

Here are better comps for less money

https://jet.com/product/detail/11814...RoC0swQAvD_BwE

I have a set sitting around the house and they are good sounding and still a Harman product (Infinity Kappa is the same set.)

For subs.. I mean it depends on what you want. At 600W Clean like that amp puts out, I think the FU300 would be a good fit, Also W3's are right there, Infinity Kappas sound good. Also you could look at Dayton HO DVCs. Those sound great and are right in that 150 range for a 12. Gramps cant wait to chime in and say the Pioneer 3003 for $80... At $150 the list could be endless
    yes here i am., the pioneer 3003 is a great sub for less than 1k if u are going with 1 12 and u really need ported box.. everyone would say u need custom box if going ported but if u stick with the pioneer u can get 1 for $75 or less thats sounds great and port is big enough for the power u will have., mine was pretty loud in that box.. if u gonna get 2 subs it'll be hard to beat 2 fu 300's but idk how they sound sealed and dual ported box will cost more.. cheaper to get 1 12 and ported box and run all the power to 1 sub.. if u wanta stay sealed get the 1 dayton 12 like blank said they would in pretty small box, with 600rms maybe 1.25 cf would be good..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, custom 2.11 cf ad ported tuned @ 36hz 30.375 port area, soundqubed 6.5" coax, hp xover (hu), AGM starting batt... FU 750 destroying my spoiler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeeCIZJpUs pioneer 3003 videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1750 Post(s)

that kenwood hu has hp xover like mine so leave factory rears just get nice 75rms-125x2 amp for fronts run rears off hu.. big blank just tested those amps he may still have them for sale but i'd look for 2 channel for fronts **** less power from alt, power just the speakers that matter..

Jeffdachef is offline Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7052 Post(s)

Will it sound better? Yes... Will it sound good? No. I disagree with Jeff, a set of components with an amplifier the sound will be cleaner than non amplified regardless of sound deadening. Adding in Sound Deadening would be a smart move, but I dont think should be the determining factor ... but no your not going have a lot of bass. That's why I recommend going down slightly on the amp output for the 4 channel, and adding a subwoofer.

Capable HU <$350
    Wiring $100 roughly
    Subwoofer - $100-200
    Enclosure <$100
    Comps = $120-180
    Coaxs- <$90
    Total=<$1070-$1230

it really depends, i've fixed too many bad setups to count where people said their stock setups sounded better. You are completely under valuing the sound treatment part. Literally makes the biggest difference when done right.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

bandit_kb is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Add 100-200 for basic sound deadener. At least do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread