Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    771 Post(s)

Re: amazon sale about to start @ 9pm

Quote Originally Posted by drei4runner View Post
    So I just purchased the Pioneer 7" touchscreen headunit on Amazon last night on impulse. Paid $229 out the door w/ Prime free shipping. Good thing is the vendor I purchased from is an authorized vendor of Pioneer products. I even verified on Pioneer USA's website. The wait is killing me, and the anticipation of my wife's reaction to me purchasing it is even worse LOL!!! My plan is to switch out my wife's 3800 and put it in my vehicle and install the x390 in hers since her vehicle is the family vehicle. Hopefully she won't be too mad lol yeah right.
    yeah good luck... thank god my new amp is black like old one, she don't know the difference lol..

KENWOOD X301 HU (awesome), PIONEER CHAMP PRO 3003d4 12, 1.65 CF SLOT PORTED TUNED TO 35 HZ, PRECISION POWER P1000 (930rms 2 ohms), SOUNDQUBED 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

whitedragon551 is online now Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1398 Post(s)

I bought some nice beard brushes for oil, a nice beard comb, beard oils, security cameras. All kinds of shit and only paid about $200 for all of it. Havent bought or sold car audio since my last system in my old car.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

drei4runner is online now Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

So I just got caught with purchasing the new head unit. I was pleasantly surprised the wifey didn't go ballistic on me. She did give me a stern lecturing via text messages though lol.

On a side note, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to have given her my password to my Amazon account lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youdoofus is online now Well, hello Mr.Fancypants

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    yeah good luck... thank god my new amp is black like old one, she don't know the difference lol..
    its virtually impossible to slide anything by my fiancee. We work together, ride to and from work together and i cant hardly ever be alone or she gets antsy in the pantsy. My only option is to have stuff shipped to my folks address if i dont want to get a lecture, but then THEY lecture me LOL!!

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-X4500bt
    SQ 2200.1
    Stock front and rears (theyre actually squirrels listening to headphones that ive trained to sing what theyre hearing)

I just added 5 HKS stickers, and despite having no performance upgrades, it added 213 hp!!!

BOOMINGRANDPA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    771 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by youdoofus View Post
    its virtually impossible to slide anything by my fiancee. We work together, ride to and from work together and i cant hardly ever be alone or she gets antsy in the pantsy. My only option is to have stuff shipped to my folks address if i dont want to get a lecture, but then THEY lecture me LOL!!
    whats funny is my wife will cosign a loan for her adult kids behind my back for cell phone, sat tv or something and we end up having to pay $1k for bill they don't pay (she owes at&t $1600 right now) even a car we got calls about that every week when daughter was in italy for a yr but she thinks it stupid for me to spend $ and get something for it lol

KENWOOD X301 HU (awesome), PIONEER CHAMP PRO 3003d4 12, 1.65 CF SLOT PORTED TUNED TO 35 HZ, PRECISION POWER P1000 (930rms 2 ohms), SOUNDQUBED 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    whats funny is my wife will cosign a loan for her adult kids behind my back for cell phone, sat tv or something and we end up having to pay $1k for bill they don't pay (she owes at&t $1600 right now) even a car we got calls about that every week when daughter was in italy for a yr but she thinks it stupid for me to spend $ and get something for it lol
    yeah, my fiancee doesnt like how much bass my car has as it is, i dont think shed approve of an addition of anything even if it was for mids/highs to balance my $hit out

Pioneer AVH-X4500bt
    SQ 2200.1
    Stock front and rears (theyre actually squirrels listening to headphones that ive trained to sing what theyre hearing)

I just added 5 HKS stickers, and despite having no performance upgrades, it added 213 hp!!!

drei4runner is online now Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

My wife was still giving me a little bit of the stink eye when she got home from work yesterday. But after I showed her the new head unit and what it does and that it was going in her car she kind of stopped ribbing me for a bit. I told her if you don't want it I'll take the new head unit and she can keep her old one. Her response was that she'll take it as a punishment for me lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drei4runner View Post
    My wife was still giving me a little bit of the stink eye when she got home from work yesterday. But after I showed her the new head unit and what it does and that it was going in her car she kind of stopped ribbing me for a bit. I told her if you don't want it I'll take the new head unit and she can keep her old one. Her response was that she'll take it as a punishment for me lol

HEH!! Sounds like that car is the more commonly driven vehicle, so chalked up as a win?

Pioneer AVH-X4500bt
    SQ 2200.1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2