+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Reload Thread: Which Would You Choose

  1. #1
    drei4runner's Avatar
    drei4runner is online now Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Which Would You Choose

    Out of these component sets, which would you choose?

    The choices are:
    - CT Sounds Strato 6.5" component set
    - Skar Audio SK65C 6.5" component set
    - NVX VSP65KIT 6.5" component set

    I know a lot of people here prefer to go active but unfortunately I'm not proficient enough to go active. Also, I currently have the NVX VSP65KIT but I want to hear your thoughts on the other speakers compared to the NVX. I'm thinking of replacing my wife's front speakers.

    Thanks in advance for your help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk







  2. #2
    LosIsATool's Avatar
    LosIsATool is offline DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6946 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    Keep what you got. Put that money where it matters



    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I work in a factory!

  3. #3
    drei4runner's Avatar
    drei4runner is online now Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    Thanks for your input @LosIsATool . Just debating on whether I should pull the trigger and replace my wife's speakers. She currently has some Pioneer coaxials in the front doors of her Sequoia. I currently have the NVX 6.5" components installed in my 4runner and I like them but just wanting to see what other people's thoughts are to those speakers I listed. Not trying to go overboard and spend over $100+ on component speakers, but maybe something a tad bit better than what she has currently installed. Also, the doors have been deadened but that's about it. She's not trying to shake her vehicle but I do want just a tad bit more mid bass in her front doors.




  4. #4
    dsw1204's Avatar
    dsw1204 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Fairfield, OH
    Posts
    375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    It would help to know what year, make, and model of your wife's car. Also, what system does she have in it, already?



    Head unit - Eclipse CD8051 - one heck of an SQ head unit
    Front Stage - Morel Tempo Ultra 602 Two-Way Components
    Amplifier - Arc Audio KS900.6 6-Channel Amplifier
    Speaker Cable: KnuKonceptz 12 Gauge Karma SS Speaker Kable
    Amp Kit: KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Power Amp Kit

    Things in progress:
    DSP- Mosconi 6to8 V8 - Not yet installed
    Subwoofer - TBA - Leaning towards Morel Ultimo SC 104
    Going Active

  5. #5
    drei4runner's Avatar
    drei4runner is online now Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    Quote Originally Posted by dsw1204 View Post
    It would help to know what year, make, and model of your wife's car. Also, what system does she have in it, already?
    She's got a 2005 Sequoia. All her stock JBL speakers, amp and radio have been replaced w/ a Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS, RF Prime R300x4, 6.5" Pioneer coaxials for both front and rear doors (can't remember the model number) along w/ some Pioneer tweeters in the sail panels. And she has a NVX underseat subwoofer (I know they're cr*p but the wife didn't want a box w/ a sub in the back of the Sequoia and she's not really into the whole shake the car deal). Again, debating if I should pull the trigger and replace it w/ one of the listed component sets or should I just stick w/ what she has.




  6. #6
    dsw1204's Avatar
    dsw1204 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Fairfield, OH
    Posts
    375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    Quote Originally Posted by drei4runner View Post
    She's got a 2005 Sequoia. All her stock JBL speakers, amp and radio have been replaced w/ a Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS, RF Prime R300x4, 6.5" Pioneer coaxials for both front and rear doors (can't remember the model number) along w/ some Pioneer tweeters in the sail panels. And she has a NVX underseat subwoofer (I know they're cr*p but the wife didn't want a box w/ a sub in the back of the Sequoia and she's not really into the whole shake the car deal). Again, debating if I should pull the trigger and replace it w/ one of the listed component sets or should I just stick w/ what she has.

    Well, you have me a little confused and a little baffled as to how to reply to your statement, here. You state you have coaxials in the front doors AND tweeters in the sail panels. If that is the case, that must really wreck havoc with your imaging. In addition, I am guessing your are using the crossovers in the head unit for the tweeters in the sail panels. If you are doing that, you have already started to go a little "active". But, if you are doing that, I am not sure how that would affect the tweeters in the coaxials. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can chime in here, about this.

    Now, if the Pioneer drivers in the doors are straight midbass drivers and not coaxials, then that would clear up a lot of things. I, personally, am not a big fan of Skar or CT Sounds. But, many people on this forum are and maybe they will enlighten you with their experience. NVX is a pretty decent company with great value equipment. If you like the sound in your vehicle, maybe go with them. Another suggestion...Polk Audio DB6501. I think they are discontinued, but you can still get them on Amazon for a pretty decent price.

    Well, now that I think about it, if you are going to replace all the speakers up front, it doesn't really matter what you had. It only matters with what you are replacing them.

    One other option: Instead of replacing the speakers, maybe sound deaden the doors. You should always do this, anyhow, when replacing speakers, if not already done.



    Head unit - Eclipse CD8051 - one heck of an SQ head unit
    Front Stage - Morel Tempo Ultra 602 Two-Way Components
    Amplifier - Arc Audio KS900.6 6-Channel Amplifier
    Speaker Cable: KnuKonceptz 12 Gauge Karma SS Speaker Kable
    Amp Kit: KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Power Amp Kit

    Things in progress:
    DSP- Mosconi 6to8 V8 - Not yet installed
    Subwoofer - TBA - Leaning towards Morel Ultimo SC 104
    Going Active

  7. #7
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    14
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    657 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    [QUOTE=drei4runner;8890185]Out of these component sets, which would you choose?

    The choices are:
    - CT Sounds Strato 6.5" component set
    - Skar Audio SK65C 6.5" component set
    - NVX VSP65KIT 6.5" component set

    I know a lot of people here prefer to go active but unfortunately I'm not proficient enough to go active. Also, I currently have the NVX VSP65KIT but I want to hear your thoughts on the other speakers compared to the NVX. I'm thinking of replacing my wife's front speakers.

    Thanks in advance for your help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE sorry didn't see others had posted already and ask what i did.. i like ct sounds but the skar speakers do look good for price haven't looked ta nvx but maybe good subs are..



    KENWOOD X301 HU (awesome), PIONEER CHAMP PRO 3003d4 12, 1.65 CF SLOT PORTED TUNED TO 35 HZ, PRECISION POWER P1000 (930rms 2 ohms), SOUNDQUBED 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8

  8. #8
    ronin1717's Avatar
    ronin1717 is online now Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    dallas, tx
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    None of the above, The Mr's has pioneer AVH 3800 , find you some nice seperates and use the head unit cross overs




  9. #9
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    14
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    657 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    Quote Originally Posted by drei4runner View Post
    She's got a 2005 Sequoia. All her stock JBL speakers, amp and radio have been replaced w/ a Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS, RF Prime R300x4, 6.5" Pioneer coaxials for both front and rear doors (can't remember the model number) along w/ some Pioneer tweeters in the sail panels. And she has a NVX underseat subwoofer (I know they're cr*p but the wife didn't want a box w/ a sub in the back of the Sequoia and she's not really into the whole shake the car deal). Again, debating if I should pull the trigger and replace it w/ one of the listed component sets or should I just stick w/ what she has.
    the skar look better than ct but i like the nvx better.. probably pretty close are u gonna amp these? if not just get scar coax if u gonna get amp and small sub then put $ there..



    KENWOOD X301 HU (awesome), PIONEER CHAMP PRO 3003d4 12, 1.65 CF SLOT PORTED TUNED TO 35 HZ, PRECISION POWER P1000 (930rms 2 ohms), SOUNDQUBED 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8

  10. #10
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    8,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3578 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    Heard great reviews on the CT Sounds.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  11. #11
    drei4runner's Avatar
    drei4runner is online now Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    Quote Originally Posted by dsw1204 View Post
    Well, you have me a little confused and a little baffled as to how to reply to your statement, here. You state you have coaxials in the front doors AND tweeters in the sail panels. If that is the case, that must really wreck havoc with your imaging. In addition, I am guessing your are using the crossovers in the head unit for the tweeters in the sail panels. If you are doing that, you have already started to go a little "active". But, if you are doing that, I am not sure how that would affect the tweeters in the coaxials. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can chime in here, about this.
    That's correct. I have coaxials in the doors and tweeters in the sail panels. That's what was installed in my wife's vehicle when I went to the shop. As far as going active, I'm not to sure since I didn't tune the stereo. The shop tuned my wife's new stereo. I don't want to go back to that shop since all they've done is give me headaches after the install was done. But that's neither here nor there. That's a whole different monster I have to deal with.

    Quote Originally Posted by dsw1204 View Post
    Now, if the Pioneer drivers in the doors are straight midbass drivers and not coaxials, then that would clear up a lot of things. I, personally, am not a big fan of Skar or CT Sounds. But, many people on this forum are and maybe they will enlighten you with their experience. NVX is a pretty decent company with great value equipment. If you like the sound in your vehicle, maybe go with them. Another suggestion...Polk Audio DB6501. I think they are discontinued, but you can still get them on Amazon for a pretty decent price.

    Well, now that I think about it, if you are going to replace all the speakers up front, it doesn't really matter what you had. It only matters with what you are replacing them.

    One other option: Instead of replacing the speakers, maybe sound deaden the doors. You should always do this, anyhow, when replacing speakers, if not already done.
    They're coaxial speakers and I'm 100% sure because I've already sound deadened all 4 doors. And I'm very happy w/ the NVX I have installed in my vehicle. Just trying to see other peoples thoughts on Skar and CT Sounds products as compared to the NVX I have installed.




  12. #12
    drei4runner's Avatar
    drei4runner is online now Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Re: Which Would You Choose

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    the skar look better than ct but i like the nvx better.. probably pretty close are u gonna amp these? if not just get scar coax if u gonna get amp and small sub then put $ there..
    Yeah I'm gonna amp the speakers. The speakers that's currently installed in my wife's vehicle is powered by a RF Prime R300x4. As far as a sub, I already purchased an underseat sub w/ a built in amp from NVX and is installed under the driver's seat. She doesn't want a sub box taking up space in the rear cargo hold so this was the next best thing. She (or should I say, me) wanted something w/ a little bit of bass to complement the rest of her system. She doesn't really want a car shaker since this is the family vehicle.




+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. which would you choose
    By traksta15 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 01:18 AM
  2. which would you choose
    By phoneman in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 08:21 PM
  3. Which would you choose
    By _MstANg_ in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 08:48 PM
  4. Which would you choose and why?
    By _MstANg_ in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 09:14 PM
  5. Which would you choose?
    By Daniel in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-06-2002, 05:43 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum