Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 New Setup ...Need your Advice..I am new

Ok...So I get this Acura Legend and I want a kick *** stereo for it. I get a z828 excelon head unit for it and 2 kappa 4" for up front with 2 kappa 6x9"s for the back. I just ordered 2 Kappa 12.1 perfects SVC's and (just like they suggested) but it in a sealed 1cf box.....I eventually want a JBL 1200.1 amp for them cause everyone says thats a great amp for them, but not yet. Heres the question.......I have a left over Kenwood KAC -728s amp. It says its 600watts and it stereo. So if I bridge it, how many watts per sub...Is this ok....I read a 2 page argument about clipping and underpowering subs, so I want to be ok for the time being....Do I fill the box with Poly Fill?..if so why....Give me some tips.....Will I need a cap later with that JBL????
    Last can I take that kenwood amp and run the 4's and 6x9's later? How..
    YOU CAN SEE I NEED YOUR HELP....THANKS IN ADVANCE

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know anything about the KAC-728s, but I looked up the KAC-729s, which should be an earlier/later model of the same amp. Its 100 x 2 @ 4 Ohms. They claim its 150 x 2 @ 2 Ohms and 300 x 1 bridged. I wouldn't run that to my subs, but wouldn't hesitate to run it to my mids and highs. But then your talking about splitting a 2 channel amp into 4 channels, and I'm not sure about how to do that.
    The thing about caps is listening to your system first. Get everything installed and let her rip. Only then can you truely know whether you need more power or not.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

mindensweetness is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You'll want a cap if your alternator isn't enough amps to power your system.
    And if your alterna. is big enough, then it's whether you got tha dough.

DraKhen99 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know what power your subs will take, but I currently have the Kenwood 729S hooked up to a 10" JL Audio 10W3 and it thumps just fine. The guys at Myer-Emco recommended the 10W3 sub, and it sounds great in my car, not underpowered at all... btw: the 729S amp hits 300 RMS, 600 peak, which I think is fine for most under $200 subs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it at least works with my 10W3 nicely.

-John

Setup:
    HU: Pioneer 880PRS
    Amp: Alpine V-Power 800w Mono amp
    Sub: JL Audio 10W3 x 2
    Speakers: Stock components
    Cabling: Monster

Closed Thread

User Tag List