Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need help wit fixin cd player in head unit

aiwaman is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 need help wit fixin cd player in head unit

hey whats up? well the other day i was installin an amp in my car and in doing so i was pullin out and puttin back in the head unit many many times. unfortunately i feel i did somethin to cd player when doin that. u see, before i did anything to it it would play cd's wit no problem, skipping absolutely never. now however, the scratcehs and stuff get emphasized like crazy and skips all the time. my bro told me that mayeb the thnig that spins the cd got knoecked off its usual position (and it does make funny sound when it takes the cd in and it takes forever for the cd to come back out). i was hopin somebody could get back to me on this please. it is buggin the crap out of me cause i love my cd's. its an AIWA model CDC-X217.

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    maybe you squeezed the crap outa the poor thing when installing it? Or put too long a screw through the case? or maybe it's just coincidence and the deck is fukked now that you're all done with the install... mechanical things hate us, ya know

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Darwin is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same unit, and I am ****ing pissed as hell. I got it used, and thought it was broken at first but it was just some ***** wiring (so I paid $65 for nothing). Now just yesterday it totally stopped reading CDs. It gives the E03 error ****.

The top of the unit comes off easy though, if I were you would just pop that off and poke around some. put a cd in with the car on while the top's off, and try and see if you can tell what the problem is. There's a spring that becomes dislodged fairly easily over to the right side, back towards the rear. It holds the top plate down when a CDs in.

Closed Thread