+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Can I build a simple system without a head unit?

evil_lies is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

Can I build a simple system without a head unit?

The only thing I would run through a head unit is audio from my phone. Can I run just run out of the phone into an amp? I suppose I would need/want an eq possibly, but I'm sure there are apps that have built in eq, I haven't really looked. Would I need anything else to boost the signal to the amp? Or any other problems you might think of?

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6140 Post(s)

Re: Can I build a simple system without a head unit?

Quote Originally Posted by evil_lies View Post
    The only thing I would run through a head unit is audio from my phone. Can I run just run out of the phone into an amp? I suppose I would need/want an eq possibly, but I'm sure there are apps that have built in eq, I haven't really looked. Would I need anything else to boost the signal to the amp? Or any other problems you might think of?
    poor weak signal, the phone digital audio convertor is low quality, you have no crossover capability nor any real EQ or time alignment.

Option 1, the best option is a digital signal processor, takes care of everything, gives the best result for maximal sound quality and enjoyment.

option 2 phone into a clarion eqs746. Gets you 3 pairs of 7 volt pre out signals. Makes music but quality is whatevers at best. Probably fine for the average joe or beginning basshead.

option 3 is to buy an amp with a digital sound processor included inside.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

evil_lies is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

I thought the signal out of the phone might be weak. So can just run that Clarion into a 5 channel amp and be good? I know you said the sound quality isn't as good, but I fall in that Average Joe category, lol.

blazian87 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)

I just bought a 4 ch zapco amp that has built in bluetooth in it. I asked Trumpet what the bluetooth was for and he said you can run it without a headunit and just run straight from your phone. Pretty convenient but idk about the sound quality. I'm not gonna use the bluetooth but figured someone like you would benefit from it. You can even link your sub amp to it too.

2009 Scion TC
    HU: Alpine INA-W910
    Processor: Alpine PXA-H800
    Amps: Soundqubed SQ3500.1, Soundqubed Q4-120, JBL GX-A602
    Front Stage: Rainbow Germanium 6.5 set, JL ZR800's
    Subs: 4 10" Dayton HO's 3.2 cu ft @ 30hz
    Electrical: Singer 320a, XS D2400, Juicebox Lithium 20ah, KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List