Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Just a Girl....

Greetings everyone, I am at my wits end here trying to upgrade most of my system. I currently have Alpine deck w bluetooth, aux, pre amp outputs. I have 2 12" Polk Audio Subs. I had Cedwin Vegas in front doors 6.5's and Kickers in back 6.5 all powered with 6 channel RF Amp. and a 2 farad cap. I hated it ever since it was installed. (1 year ago) plus the Amp was used and it fried somehow. Here's where I am stuck. I want all new door speakers. and I'm assuming I need 2 amps. a 4 and a 2 channel. I like music loud but clean, rich sounding. My bass has to hit hard. So I've been researching and I'm stuck, so I'm asking for your expert advice and opinions. I was going to go with Pioneer
    Model TS-G1345R for front doors and Pioneer Model TS-G1645R for rear OR Polk Audio DB522 for front w/ Polk Audio DB652 for rear. I plan on keeping my subs, So I REALLY need help with choosing Amps. I do not understand the ohms, sensitivity, rms at all.
    I have a 2002 Dodge Durango, ANY help is greatly appreciated. My apologies to all the woman about the I'm just a girl comment. But that's how feel when t comes to choosing the components that I would need.
    Thank you for taking time to read this....

Sorry for any misunderstandings. I was apologizing to any woman on here, for putting myself down as just a girl. Its obvious i don't know what im doing if i cant even post question in the right place. I didn't intentionally disrespect your forum. I am a girl who needs advice, and does not want to take my truck to stereo shop and get talked into a bunch of cheap components because I feel like they are talking a language I don't understand and get intimidated. For example My 1st system I bought at Best Buy and let them do the installation over $1000 later on a 1997 Kia Sportage, It sounded worse than factory. So Again, If anyone could tell where proper place to post my questions, or give me there opinion on what I need. I Thank you for your patience.

SuperDuty350 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

Re: Just a Girl....

All good. No worries, nothing to apologize for. Did you have a budget number in mind?

I'm certain Somebody More knowledgeable than I will be along to help you out!

ilikeradios is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)

The Cab 1600 for the subs and a PPI 900.4 for the door speakers

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...PI-P900.4.html

Both are solid amps that will last you for a very long time and are within your budget

4. Likes MrFoca liked this post
    blazian87 is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

yea I would not trust best buy to do any car audio install. For $1000 you could've already had some pretty decent gear. The most common scenario is when you upgrade to aftermarket speakers and they sound worse. That's because you need to add some sound deadening material to make it a better seal. Stock speakers are supposed to sound good for what they are without any modification. If you want your subs to hit hard, you should invest in a custom ported box. Not a generic prefab box you can buy from best buy. Look into other brands besides the mainstream stuff you see in best buy. You'll save a lot more money and get better quality stuff. Keeping reading around this forum and you'll find plenty of ideas to go off of. If I was you I would start off by ditching the 2 farad cap, it does more harm than good. Then I would invest in alot of sound deadening material and definitely look into buying a custom box. If you want clear loud sound, get a powerful 4 channel amp and a mono block amp that is 1 ohm stable. Then look into getting a decent pair of component speakers that consists of tweeters, 6.5" mids, and a crossover. Put those in the front and stick the cerwin vega 6.5's you have in the rear as you want the best speakers in the front and the rest as rear fill. Tell us your budget and we can go from there.

2009 Scion TC
    HU: Alpine INA-W910
    Processor: Alpine PXA-H800
    Amps: All new equipment coming soon....
    Front Stage: New front stage TBA~, JL ZR800's
    Subs: 4 10" Dayton HO's 3.2 cu ft @ 30hz
    Electrical: Singer 320a, XS D2400, Juicebox Lithium 20ah

djnsmith7 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sent you a PM that I think will help.

subzero is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)

I know a lot of cats out in vegas that can help you. Hit up this page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/144401258949437/

2016 Chevy Cruze LT
    Pioneer DD 2700BS ? , JBL MS8 all active , ARC XDI805 channel, FOCAL-100KRS set - active- Dayton Audio SD215A-88 8" DVC Subwoofer as Midbass - sub- Pair of Sundown SD3-12 D2 in 2.6 cubic feet tuned to 27hz., (1) Alpine-MRD-M1000

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List