sspikey is offline Datsun-Of-A-Gun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1972 Datsun 510 sound system install. Tricky and need some help

well here goes
    My name is Yan ohayona and i own a 1972 Datsun 510 and would like to add a bit more comfort to it (the whole Race car thing is boring i want a daily driver now) first my plan is to Dynmat the entire car with around 40 SQ feet worth of the stuff which i am told should be more than enough for the whole car. Next i would like to install a decent sound system in the car but here comes the tricky part:

I dont want to cut ANYTHING ont he door panels unless i absolutely have to. I have probably one of the MINTEST interior you will ever see on a 510 and i would feel bad putting holes in the car. What i was thinking is running kick panels by my feet. what do you guys think how should they be angled and such. I know nothing of car audio I do know i should run the CDT CL--61A components cuz they sound awesome . I dont need rear fill maybe later. Headunit will be a Nakamichi CD-400 in the glove box. Amp i dont know yet i see alot of kicker 3 and 5 channels going around any suggestions considering ill be running a JL audio W0 in the trunk in a sealed box.

I want to try to make this look as OEM as possible and sound good BUT while maintaining the interior of the car uncut and such. A challenge for many of you im sure

Pics can be seen here

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/...2011th%202004/

PS: for the motor freak out there in simple terms. Im forged from head to toe on that motor and am pretty much maxed out on power. All that i can do now is run Dry sump oil pan and 14:1 compression but that also means race fuel all day long For now shes running 11.68:1 compression with Dual 45MM webber carbs. Forged arias pistons, Nissan motorsport rods, Nissan motorsport crank knife edged and lightened, 9lb flywheel, twin disk clutch, dual 45MM webbers, Iske race cam, Full Nissan motorsport head, Hooker headers BLAH BLAH BLAH theres too much to list but i did lay down 167WHP n.a as u see the car now no efi, no nos, no turbo just pure carbs. Car went 13.43 on the 1/4 mile with a curb weight of 1905 lbs. current weight is 1950 pounds fun as car to drive. Now to get my brakes, suspension and audio together

Thx for all the help and comments are welcome. Off to prom i go

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 1972 Datsun 510 sound system install. Tricky and need some help

L18 yes
    SSS head from nissan motorsport which already came with everything i need (port, valves, springs blah blah) 9000RPM redline all day is COOL. Well the ignition isnt up to that YET but for now 8000RPM is ok with the Mallory Unilite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weight is a concern but i mean i dont require PERFECT sound deadening i just dont like the fact my car sound like a tin can and i cant really hear anything but my webbers

Btw a friend of mine owns an S12 coupe. Basically our ghetto beat around project we just used parts from all kinda cars on it. Rear Koni yellow suspension of a 240sx, front 240sx rotors and calipers. Stuck in an SR20det boosted a bit making around 230HP. All stock outside even the boost gauge is hiden. So fun to drive around. Ghetto welded rear diff haha. thats about it i guess Fun cars to drive my other friend use to have a CA18ET powered 200sx hatch. great daily driver to beat around with

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still no he;p

Berry47 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want a datsun 120.

Mine: CDT, Eclipse, Diamond Audio, Dayton, Aura

Wifey: Infinity, Concept, Pioneer, Profile, JBL

Refs: Ruckus, MSSOKC

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sspikey
    Weight is a concern but i mean i dont require PERFECT sound deadening i just dont like the fact my car sound like a tin can and i cant really hear anything but my webbers

Sound deadening is essentially mass loading. You simply add weight to panels to change their resonant frequency. The magic word here is "mass". This is why dynamat-like products work the way they do. Another option is a liquid based deadener that acts as a mass loader, as well as it's ability to turn the vibrations into heat (some mass-loading deadeners do this as well). The ligher route is liquid deadener. Apply thicker layers to certain areas such as the firewall, doors and floor.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about doing something about Kick panels?

Closed Thread