Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Problem with H/U turning itself on and off randomly

Forty-Ouncer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Problem with H/U turning itself on and off randomly

hey guys im havin a little problem which is becoming very frustrating and I was wondering if maybe anybody could help me. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

THE PROBLEM: When driving, my alpine cda-9813 will turn itself off and then back on about 5 seconds later and continue playing where it left off when it had shut off. This has happened consistantly (anywhere between 10 and 30 seconds of playing) since last night when I switched my batterie for an optima red top 35/75 (just simply a coincidence maybe?). My car is a 1996 Toyota Paseo and according to the wall-mart computer and energizer batterie book this batterie should work perfectly in my car.

The Way My Car's System Is Wired Up: Ive got a 4 guage wire from the batterie which splits through a distribution block to my 2 amplifiers; 1 for subs, 1 for highs. For some reason the guys at future shop removed my 10 guage wire running straight from the batterie to the H/U and just tapped in on the 4 guage wire before it splits at the distribution block (seems to me this could be A problem but maybe not the problem? This happened about 3 months back and hasn't caused a problem that I have been aware of).

Since everything was working properly nothing has been changed except for the batterie. But it seems to me this wouldnt be the problem because this optima red35/75 is supposed to work in my car. I seem to think its the fact that my H/U's power is just tapped in on that 4 guage wire and now because of the batterie putting out more power a problem is created?? Does this make sense??

Any suggestions right now would be great. Im not handicapped at this but I for sure no expert. I did rewire this system up all my self a month back due to other problems caused by a crappy future shop install. The only thing I didnt change was how they had the H/U's power wire on the 4 guage wire for the simple fact that I had no money at the time to buy another 10 guage wire.

Thank you

Deck: Alpine IVA-C800
    Fronts: MB Quart Premium PSD216 6.5" Comps
    Rears: MB Quart Discus DSE216 6.5" Comps
    Front/Rear Amp: Alpine MRV-T420 2ch (F/S)
    Subs: 2x 12" MB Quart Premium PWE304
    Sub Amp: NOTHING!!

Looking for ~1000rmsx1@1ohm mono amp
    Looking for ~100rmsx4@4ohm 4 ch amp

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Problem with H/U turning itself on and off randomly

check your grounds.

Alpine head units (especially ones 1 to 2 years old) tend to do this, when they don't like the ground they're connected to. If you've wired it to a common ground, grounding it to the chassis instead of the factory harness, that could be an issue...

change the current configuration on how it's grounded, and see what that does.

ghs_wrestler189 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Problem with H/U turning itself on and off randomly

Check the remote wire and the ground like mentioned above. I had the same problem when the remote wire was not correctly connected. If those don't work, go ahead and make a direct connection to the battery.

AIM:ghs wrestler 171 - hit me up anytime.
    My Sounddomain Page

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
    RE SX 15" D4 is here with a 5.0 cuft box tuned to 46 hz for comps.

Port plug for 32hz daily.

MTX 81000d give it 1225 rms at 2 ohms.

143 on the new termlab (old box...5.1@36hz).

Quote Originally Posted by jemorgan85
    ^I wish I were a woman .

Closed Thread