Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon8 RE Audio-WORST customer service

I ordered 2 HC 12's from RE audio. Once installed, my younger brother was opening the trunk and a latch attatched to the top (for holding emergency kit) of it fell off and hit the sub. This latch has to weigh less than a half a pound. This latch barely tapped the surface and it shattered. The dustcap already had like a faded RE logo less evident than the other, but I had just disregarded it. I assumed the cap was just a "dud" for lack of a better word, because it was barely tapped before shattering. See up till this time I had not installed the HU so they had not been used. I am almost positive if I would have played them the one cap would have broke from the sub movement. Well the sub still physically worked fine, but I called RE audio to see if they would replace the defective dustcap.

I was told "OK that's not a problem, we can get you out a replacement dustcap, it will be there in about 2 weeks." No show. I called again and told them how I still had not gotten it, "there must have been an error in your shipment, we'll resend it." I assumed the situation had been taken care of.

I finally received the dustcap and the glue, excited I pasted in on my sub. Thought it was over.

A few days ago a charge shows up on my parents credit card bill for the cover, glue, and shipping. I was surprised because I was made to believe that it was a replacement for a defect, (obviously if u cannot play your subs without it breaking something is wrong with it), thus free of charge.

I called RE and they told me that I should have been told on the phone a cost. I wasn't. Then he said well there should have been an invoice in the box of supplies. There wasn't. The ONLY time I knew about any cost whatsoever was from my mom's bill. I then explained that if I would have been told it would cost me something I would not have done it simply because its cosmetic, and I'm not into that. They clearly misinformed, or rather failed to inform me of any costs. If he would have mentioned once on the phone, or actually sent me the invoice or a receipt or anything, then this would have been taken care of and I would have said no thanks. But now it is glued on and I should not be expected to pay for something that #1- was a defect. #2- Was never quoted a cost of any kind. I understand you are probably thinking this is my fault, but you should have seen this dustcover.

I called them, I was told I'd be called back the next day around noon. No call. Next day, no call. I called them back today finally, and then spoke to, I assume, the person in charge. He told me that they should have quoted me a cost and sent an invoice in the box, and he didn't know why they didn't, but basically it was my problem not theirs. Things got kind of heated because I was upset after spending all this money to have to pay for a defect. He kept talking over me and I said that he needed to just listen because I tired to explain, he simply said thigns like "I will not sit and listen to your "crap", we sent the the product, you will pay for it, you are wrong."

RE people skills need some major work because I've never been treated more unfairly or been told off so rudely by a place of business.

Qckrun is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: RE Audio-WORST customer service

Well 1st off... if you want something handled u dont wait for the company to call you call the company.

2nd off.... RE has probably the best customer service avaiable. IF my understanding is correct, the dustcap shattered? Did anything else shatter with it or anything?

3rd off... Re doesnt make the HC anymore, so its been discontinued, how come u bought the HC?

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

How long ago did you purchase the HC's, because they haven't been available for a good few months...

You have any pictures of the dustcap? Did it just crack all the way through?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well the reason I waited for the company to call me is because they said they needed to look at my records or something dumb like that, but I realized what you mean on calling them back, not waiting on them.

The dustcap shattered, nothing else. That's what made me simply think it was a bad dustcap.

I bought these way back in the HC sale, they sat in my room for about 3 weeks, then it all happened. this bill is just now getting here.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, back in the HC sale. And yes it cracked all the way through and little pieces, when I say shattered i mean it was seriosuly like som fragile glass that just broke up. Sorry I didn't think to take pictures cuz I dont have a scanner or anything.

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

How much did they charge you? You don't know who you talked to, either?

I'ts definitely wrong for them not to notify you of any charges, if what you're saying is correct. I've had nothing but great experiences with RE's service, and I've dealt with them on several occasions. Hopefully, Dave will come here and shed some light on the situation and take care of this.

How do you like the HC's? I hope their performance will aid the anger you hold now...

InhumanAcura is offline 1/3ofTEAM PwNAGE..*****es

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

I have to look at it from the perspective of dropping things on the dust cap, cone, well anything would not be covered by warranty. Same ball park as putting a hole in the cone with a screwdriver IMO.

Arent the **** caps supposed to be super strong?

loserpunk is offline hapbahdasindot

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They charged me $25, its just the fact that it all happened, and won't be resolved is upsetting. Their performance is fine, I mean I've never had any other subs, and not many of my friends around here in KS have systems, lol, but they sound fine to me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: RE Audio-WORST customer service

Oh and as a plug, Gnomeaudio I completely support. Just thought I'd mention that because I think Donn's work making my box is a huge factor in how good my subs sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brothaknowles
    Oh and as a plug, Gnomeaudio I completely support. Just thought I'd mention that because I think Donn's work making my box is a huge factor in how good my subs sound.
    Your just having problems, just your luck. I never had bad customer service ordering my stuff from them. They were nice and helped out in any way they could. None of the people I know with RE equipment had problems either.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I'm just having a problem with RE's customer service, I never said that their products stink, or stop buying RE, or anything, I am just not happy with the way my situation is being/has been handled. And I do not understand why you quoted the Gnomeaudio statement. Below I was asked how my subs sounded, and then once I posted how they sounded great, I thought I would also let people know that Donn is an example of someone who knows customer service, and reccomend if you are looking for a box. Because his box compliments those subs perefectly, at the best price around (at least that I could find)

JLCivic is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brothaknowles
    They charged me $25, its just the fact that it all happened, and won't be resolved is upsetting. Their performance is fine, I mean I've never had any other subs, and not many of my friends around here in KS have systems, lol, but they sound fine to me.
    #1 How did they get your parents' cc number(did you give it them over the phone or did they have it on file from when you purchased the sub?)

#2 If they had it on file, and you never authorized a charge, dispute it with the cc company.

2002 Honda Accord SE sedan

RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

http://members.sounddomain.com/perryb

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good idea- because my parents were furious when they saw it because they thought I had got their cc number and ordered something. But I have no idea what it is. I mentioned this to the RE guy and he said that it was on file. That is a really good point because he NEVER asked me if he could do ANYTHING with it. I didn't even know he still had it on file.

BooLeaN is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you talk to a girl over at RE ? I had to deal with her and she was supposed to get me 100 USD from UPS for screwing up my shipment. UPS said if she called I would get all my money back.

She kept saying she woudl call and I kept checking back. Then the last time I called, she was fired LOL.

So I got screwed out of 100 USD but that is why. I took it with a grain of salt, it wasn't David's fault, or anyone elses aside from her's.

Aside from that experience they have been great with me. Kinda weird that my dustcap fell off and yours broke. I just put mine back on myself.

Sorry about you luck.

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Kenwood Excelon X-890
    2 JL 12W0's
    Zapco AG350
    Time to upgrade!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast