Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: So bigger amp?

Jerm1400 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: So bigger amp?

Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    Most of these guys tunning high wattage dont use there amps total power for long. Yea a short demo is fine but a 2hour trip cross state and you have cooked coils. If I where to use sundown I would run a saz1500d which makes right at 2k of power. The 2.5inch voice coil can only handle so much . And the sa8s mentioned above are completely different motor designs that allow for alot more forced cooling
    Not to thread jack but how much do you think the American bass Tnt 12's can handle daily?

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm1400 View Post
    Not to thread jack but how much do you think the American bass Tnt 12's can handle daily?
    1000 rms

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    1000 rms
    So would you say the Sa & tnt are on the same level or nah?

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

So would you say the Sa & tnt are on the same level or nah?
    Yea pretty close

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

garychoffmann is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well I know a guy named Denus that ran 6 sa 12's with 1100-1200 rms to each. I would run a saz 2500 but idk if that's in your price range. I plan on running two American bass tnt 12's in a 4th order blow through on about 800 watts each in a Buick Century
    I don't care about your friend and his penus. Just wrap those pubes tightly around your hands and hug away.

But please, tell me all about your penus' s system. So he has 6 12's, wired down to what load? What amp is he running? What's his electrical? Now since you have to keep butting in while I'm trying to help somebody get the most out of their system.... I need to hear all about your tnt 12's and your big plans. And please tell me how you are going to insure they see 800 watts. Better make that 4th order smaller so it can handle the wattage....

And please tell me how any of this is helping the op with his original question. The amp he has is known for doing close to rated. He needs to get as much of that out of it as possible. Right now he is at 62% of rated which is odd for that amp. I also have a pac plug and play output on my stock head unit. It took me a while to get it gained in correctly so that my amp would function at its best. Op, does your pac unit have a gain or any adjustments? If the signal coming off the pac is really weak then the amp has a harder time amplifying that signal. May be why you are getting dirty so quickly. have you scoped your rca's and checked the voltage on them?

jeffdachef is online now I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofan View Post
    Ground behind the seat. Tested it and it check out. Been I awhile since I tested it the voltage drop but it wasn't much. My truck has a big alternator already and the previous owner got a big battery put in. The signal is the Stock HU Bluetooth'ed to a tablet.
    There's your culprit. That mb quart should be doing close to rated rms. You cant get too much output if the source is weak and cannot put a strong enough clean signal to the amp. Most stock head units are close to trash when it comes to producing a clean and strong signal even with an LOC. The only thing to remedy that is a Digital Sound Processor if you really want to keep the stock look. Otherwise, get better aftermarket head unit.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.

Subs : C2 threatcons
    Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Mids/Highs: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front stage: Massive Audio CKX 6x9 components with jbl ms62C for rear fill (Its a van, I need rear fill) db drive Pro 6.5s comming soon
    320 amp Singer alt comming soon. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garychoffmann View Post
    I don't care about your friend and his penus. Just wrap those pubes tightly around your hands and hug away.

But please, tell me all about your penus' s system. So he has 6 12's, wired down to what load? What amp is he running? What's his electrical? Now since you have to keep butting in while I'm trying to help somebody get the most out of their system.... I need to hear all about your tnt 12's and your big plans. And please tell me how you are going to insure they see 800 watts. Better make that 4th order smaller so it can handle the wattage....

And please tell me how any of this is helping the op with his original question. The amp he has is known for doing close to rated. He needs to get as much of that out of it as possible. Right now he is at 62% of rated which is odd for that amp. I also have a pac plug and play output on my stock head unit. It took me a while to get it gained in correctly so that my amp would function at its best. Op, does your pac unit have a gain or any adjustments? If the signal coming off the pac is really weak then the amp has a harder time amplifying that signal. May be why you are getting dirty so quickly. have you scoped your rca's and checked the voltage on them?
    No, my pac unit just has RCA out. The signal was clean but don't remember the voltage. To check that I would assume I just play a 1000hz tone and DMM the leads?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    There's your culprit. That mb quart should be doing close to rated rms. You cant get too much output if the source is weak and cannot put a strong enough clean signal to the amp. Most stock head units are close to trash when it comes to producing a clean and strong signal even with an LOC. The only thing to remedy that is a Digital Sound Processor if you really want to keep the stock look. Otherwise, get better aftermarket head unit.
    Well the tabet isn't always synced to the car. I use my phone sometimes but I know that's not the point. Im trying to avoid a new HU. Not familiar with sound processors. Is that like a Bit ten?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol really dude? Are you done being a ****? Did that boost your lil ego more lol. I already said I didn't mean to thread jack so how about u jump off the sack & not wrry about me okay? Have a blessed day & to answer your question three saz 2500's wired to 1 ohm each with two 4 ohm dvc sa 12's & six or 8 xs power d 3100's all O gauge wire with a high alt not sure how many amps tho & if I'm not mistaking subs in a sealed boxes are generally able to handle a little more power. I thought that would apply the same for a smaller box if I'm mistaken then enlighten me don't be a lil ***** about it!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    lol really dude? Are you done being a ****? Did that boost your lil ego more lol. I already said I didn't mean to thread jack so how about u jump off the sack & not wrry about me okay? Have a blessed day & to answer your question three saz 2500's wired to 1 ohm each with two 4 ohm dvc sa 12's & six or 8 xs power d 3100's all O gauge wire with a high alt not sure how many amps tho & if I'm not mistaking subs in a sealed boxes are generally able to handle a little more power. I thought that would apply the same for a smaller box if I'm mistaken then enlighten me don't be a lil ***** about it!
    I believe he was being sarcastic about the specs of the car.

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

You know very little about power handling and I'd encourage you to not be throwing around advice telling people to overpower things.

People who overpower things don't ask because they know what they are doing and/or don't care of they break things, or they don't know what they're doing and break things. Don't go around telling people to run a product beyond it's design limits unless you are the seller or manufacturer and are willing to replace or repair it when it breaks.

11. Likes Jerm1400 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You know very little about power handling and I'd encourage you to not be throwing around advice telling people to overpower things.

People who overpower things don't ask because they know what they are doing and/or don't care of they break things, or they don't know what they're doing and break things. Don't go around telling people to run a product beyond it's design limits unless you are the seller or manufacturer and are willing to replace or repair it when it breaks.
    Well I'm sorry but forgot about box rise but thanks for the input
    Last edited by Jerm1400; 05-16-2014 at 06:57 PM.

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

About a 1000w if you dont play too far under tuning or they are in a sealed box

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

14. Likes Jerm1400 liked this post
    dragon.breath is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wait, you are using a 1000 hz tone? Theirs your problem. You need a 50 hz or 60 hz tone to set subwoofer gains.

digital designs 9512h with cf cap
    sundown saz 3000d at 2 ohms
    meca legal 141.3 db on the headrest with a 34hz tuned daily box

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragon.breath View Post
    Wait, you are using a 1000 hz tone? Theirs your problem. You need a 50 hz or 60 hz tone to set subwoofer gains.
    ....1000 for HU

Freeman is offline I TrY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Like I said it depends on your setup say for instance like putting subs in a smaller box so they can handle more power or etc.....
    are you ******* retarded?

1986 Nissan hardbody
    Hu:Kenwood Kmm-100u
    front:1 Cheep Kenwood speaker.
    Rear:the 3in of room behind my seat where my amp sits
    Sub:soon
    Amp:polk pa330
    Wiring:1/0 knu kca to 4gauge distribution block and 1/0 kca big 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast