+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Reload Thread: So bigger amp?

  1. #31
    Jerm1400's Avatar
    Jerm1400 is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    Most of these guys tunning high wattage dont use there amps total power for long. Yea a short demo is fine but a 2hour trip cross state and you have cooked coils. If I where to use sundown I would run a saz1500d which makes right at 2k of power. The 2.5inch voice coil can only handle so much . And the sa8s mentioned above are completely different motor designs that allow for alot more forced cooling
    Not to thread jack but how much do you think the American bass Tnt 12's can handle daily?







  2. #32
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,580
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm1400 View Post
    Not to thread jack but how much do you think the American bass Tnt 12's can handle daily?
    1000 rms




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  3. #33
    Jerm1400's Avatar
    Jerm1400 is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    1000 rms
    So would you say the Sa & tnt are on the same level or nah?




  4. #34
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,580
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm1400 View Post
    So would you say the Sa & tnt are on the same level or nah?
    Yea pretty close




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  5. #35
    garychoffmann's Avatar
    garychoffmann is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm1400 View Post
    Well I know a guy named Denus that ran 6 sa 12's with 1100-1200 rms to each. I would run a saz 2500 but idk if that's in your price range. I plan on running two American bass tnt 12's in a 4th order blow through on about 800 watts each in a Buick Century
    I don't care about your friend and his penus. Just wrap those pubes tightly around your hands and hug away.

    But please, tell me all about your penus' s system. So he has 6 12's, wired down to what load? What amp is he running? What's his electrical? Now since you have to keep butting in while I'm trying to help somebody get the most out of their system.... I need to hear all about your tnt 12's and your big plans. And please tell me how you are going to insure they see 800 watts. Better make that 4th order smaller so it can handle the wattage....

    And please tell me how any of this is helping the op with his original question. The amp he has is known for doing close to rated. He needs to get as much of that out of it as possible. Right now he is at 62% of rated which is odd for that amp. I also have a pac plug and play output on my stock head unit. It took me a while to get it gained in correctly so that my amp would function at its best. Op, does your pac unit have a gain or any adjustments? If the signal coming off the pac is really weak then the amp has a harder time amplifying that signal. May be why you are getting dirty so quickly. have you scoped your rca's and checked the voltage on them?




  6. #36
    jeffdachef's Avatar
    jeffdachef is online now I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofan View Post
    Ground behind the seat. Tested it and it check out. Been I awhile since I tested it the voltage drop but it wasn't much. My truck has a big alternator already and the previous owner got a big battery put in. The signal is the Stock HU Bluetooth'ed to a tablet.
    There's your culprit. That mb quart should be doing close to rated rms. You cant get too much output if the source is weak and cannot put a strong enough clean signal to the amp. Most stock head units are close to trash when it comes to producing a clean and strong signal even with an LOC. The only thing to remedy that is a Digital Sound Processor if you really want to keep the stock look. Otherwise, get better aftermarket head unit.



    Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.

    Subs : C2 threatcons
    Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Mids/Highs: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front stage: Massive Audio CKX 6x9 components with jbl ms62C for rear fill (Its a van, I need rear fill) db drive Pro 6.5s comming soon
    320 amp Singer alt comming soon. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

  7. #37
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by garychoffmann View Post
    I don't care about your friend and his penus. Just wrap those pubes tightly around your hands and hug away.

    But please, tell me all about your penus' s system. So he has 6 12's, wired down to what load? What amp is he running? What's his electrical? Now since you have to keep butting in while I'm trying to help somebody get the most out of their system.... I need to hear all about your tnt 12's and your big plans. And please tell me how you are going to insure they see 800 watts. Better make that 4th order smaller so it can handle the wattage....

    And please tell me how any of this is helping the op with his original question. The amp he has is known for doing close to rated. He needs to get as much of that out of it as possible. Right now he is at 62% of rated which is odd for that amp. I also have a pac plug and play output on my stock head unit. It took me a while to get it gained in correctly so that my amp would function at its best. Op, does your pac unit have a gain or any adjustments? If the signal coming off the pac is really weak then the amp has a harder time amplifying that signal. May be why you are getting dirty so quickly. have you scoped your rca's and checked the voltage on them?
    No, my pac unit just has RCA out. The signal was clean but don't remember the voltage. To check that I would assume I just play a 1000hz tone and DMM the leads?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    There's your culprit. That mb quart should be doing close to rated rms. You cant get too much output if the source is weak and cannot put a strong enough clean signal to the amp. Most stock head units are close to trash when it comes to producing a clean and strong signal even with an LOC. The only thing to remedy that is a Digital Sound Processor if you really want to keep the stock look. Otherwise, get better aftermarket head unit.
    Well the tabet isn't always synced to the car. I use my phone sometimes but I know that's not the point. Im trying to avoid a new HU. Not familiar with sound processors. Is that like a Bit ten?




  8. #38
    Jerm1400's Avatar
    Jerm1400 is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by garychoffmann View Post
    I don't care about your friend and his penus. Just wrap those pubes tightly around your hands and hug away.

    But please, tell me all about your penus' s system. So he has 6 12's, wired down to what load? What amp is he running? What's his electrical? Now since you have to keep butting in while I'm trying to help somebody get the most out of their system.... I need to hear all about your tnt 12's and your big plans. And please tell me how you are going to insure they see 800 watts. Better make that 4th order smaller so it can handle the wattage....

    And please tell me how any of this is helping the op with his original question. The amp he has is known for doing close to rated. He needs to get as much of that out of it as possible. Right now he is at 62% of rated which is odd for that amp. I also have a pac plug and play output on my stock head unit. It took me a while to get it gained in correctly so that my amp would function at its best. Op, does your pac unit have a gain or any adjustments? If the signal coming off the pac is really weak then the amp has a harder time amplifying that signal. May be why you are getting dirty so quickly. have you scoped your rca's and checked the voltage on them?
    lol really dude? Are you done being a ****? Did that boost your lil ego more lol. I already said I didn't mean to thread jack so how about u jump off the sack & not wrry about me okay? Have a blessed day & to answer your question three saz 2500's wired to 1 ohm each with two 4 ohm dvc sa 12's & six or 8 xs power d 3100's all O gauge wire with a high alt not sure how many amps tho & if I'm not mistaking subs in a sealed boxes are generally able to handle a little more power. I thought that would apply the same for a smaller box if I'm mistaken then enlighten me don't be a lil ***** about it!




  9. #39
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by garychoffmann View Post
    I don't care about your friend and his penus. Just wrap those pubes tightly around your hands and hug away.

    But please, tell me all about your penus' s system. So he has 6 12's, wired down to what load? What amp is he running? What's his electrical? Now since you have to keep butting in while I'm trying to help somebody get the most out of their system.... I need to hear all about your tnt 12's and your big plans. And please tell me how you are going to insure they see 800 watts. Better make that 4th order smaller so it can handle the wattage....

    And please tell me how any of this is helping the op with his original question. The amp he has is known for doing close to rated. He needs to get as much of that out of it as possible. Right now he is at 62% of rated which is odd for that amp. I also have a pac plug and play output on my stock head unit. It took me a while to get it gained in correctly so that my amp would function at its best. Op, does your pac unit have a gain or any adjustments? If the signal coming off the pac is really weak then the amp has a harder time amplifying that signal. May be why you are getting dirty so quickly. have you scoped your rca's and checked the voltage on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    There's your culprit. That mb quart should be doing close to rated rms. You cant get too much output if the source is weak and cannot put a strong enough clean signal to the amp. Most stock head units are close to trash when it comes to producing a clean and strong signal even with an LOC. The only thing to remedy that is a Digital Sound Processor if you really want to keep the stock look. Otherwise, get better aftermarket head unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm1400 View Post
    lol really dude? Are you done being a ****? Did that boost your lil ego more lol. I already said I didn't mean to thread jack so how about u jump off the sack & not wrry about me okay? Have a blessed day & to answer your question three saz 2500's wired to 1 ohm each with two 4 ohm dvc sa 12's & six or 8 xs power d 3100's all O gauge wire with a high alt not sure how many amps tho & if I'm not mistaking subs in a sealed boxes are generally able to handle a little more power. I thought that would apply the same for a smaller box if I'm mistaken then enlighten me don't be a lil ***** about it!
    I believe he was being sarcastic about the specs of the car.




  10. #40
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm1400 View Post
    lol really dude? Are you done being a ****? Did that boost your lil ego more lol. I already said I didn't mean to thread jack so how about u jump off the sack & not wrry about me okay? Have a blessed day & to answer your question three saz 2500's wired to 1 ohm each with two 4 ohm dvc sa 12's & six or 8 xs power d 3100's all O gauge wire with a high alt not sure how many amps tho & if I'm not mistaking subs in a sealed boxes are generally able to handle a little more power. I thought that would apply the same for a smaller box if I'm mistaken then enlighten me don't be a lil ***** about it!
    You know very little about power handling and I'd encourage you to not be throwing around advice telling people to overpower things.

    People who overpower things don't ask because they know what they are doing and/or don't care of they break things, or they don't know what they're doing and break things. Don't go around telling people to run a product beyond it's design limits unless you are the seller or manufacturer and are willing to replace or repair it when it breaks.




  11. Likes Jerm1400 liked this post
  12. #41
    Jerm1400's Avatar
    Jerm1400 is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You know very little about power handling and I'd encourage you to not be throwing around advice telling people to overpower things.

    People who overpower things don't ask because they know what they are doing and/or don't care of they break things, or they don't know what they're doing and break things. Don't go around telling people to run a product beyond it's design limits unless you are the seller or manufacturer and are willing to replace or repair it when it breaks.
    Well I'm sorry but forgot about box rise but thanks for the input
    Last edited by Jerm1400; 05-16-2014 at 06:57 PM.




  13. #42
    winkychevelle's Avatar
    winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ponchatoula, La
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm1400 View Post
    Not to thread jack but how much do you think the American bass Tnt 12's can handle daily?
    About a 1000w if you dont play too far under tuning or they are in a sealed box



    2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

  14. Likes Jerm1400 liked this post
  15. #43
    dragon.breath's Avatar
    dragon.breath is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    new hope al
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Wait, you are using a 1000 hz tone? Theirs your problem. You need a 50 hz or 60 hz tone to set subwoofer gains.



    digital designs 9512h with cf cap
    sundown saz 3000d at 2 ohms
    meca legal 141.3 db on the headrest with a 34hz tuned daily box

  16. #44
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragon.breath View Post
    Wait, you are using a 1000 hz tone? Theirs your problem. You need a 50 hz or 60 hz tone to set subwoofer gains.
    ....1000 for HU




  17. #45
    Freeman's Avatar
    Freeman is offline I TrY



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Watertown, SD
    Posts
    834
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: So bigger amp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm1400 View Post
    Like I said it depends on your setup say for instance like putting subs in a smaller box so they can handle more power or etc.....
    are you ******* retarded?




    1986 Nissan hardbody
    Hu:Kenwood Kmm-100u
    front:1 Cheep Kenwood speaker.
    Rear:the 3in of room behind my seat where my amp sits
    Sub:soon
    Amp:polk pa330
    Wiring:1/0 knu kca to 4gauge distribution block and 1/0 kca big 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. so many amps but which one?
    By liqdsm in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2003, 03:22 PM
  2. so many amps, so little money
    By eviltuna7 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-10-2003, 11:13 PM
  3. I need a bigger amp
    By Nickfireblazer in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 09:59 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2002, 12:40 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2002, 05:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum