Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    896 Post(s)

Re: Good Budget headunit

Quote Originally Posted by BoomTaco64 View Post
    the kenwood unit will have a better preout voltage, better rca connections, better controls, better quality, better eq functions, easier to add on extra parts as they are easy to find, better overall looks....need i go into more detail?
    I believe Jeff just went into more detail and proved you completely wrong.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    Excuse me? have you even bothered looking at the clarion? Its not visually appealing but performance wise it'll wipe the floor with that Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X697 head unit.

that kenwood is a lower end head unit, 4 volt pre out, 3 band EQ, not active capable, Digital time alignment no where to be found. Cant even do bluetooth calling or audio.

compared to the cz702's 5 volt preout, 5 band parametric EQ, Active network capable with Adjustable slopes, Digital time alignment, Has everything a modern head unit has and can add satellight/ipod/sirius just as easy as the kenwood and the sound and build quality is great. Its THE 150$ budget SQ oriented head unit to get. Closest thing to an 80 PRS for half of the PRS's cost
    Thank you for the educated post.

Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

Find us on Facebook!

BoomTaco64 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    Excuse me? have you even bothered looking at the clarion? Its not visually appealing but performance wise it'll wipe the floor with that Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X697 head unit.

that kenwood is a lower end head unit, 4 volt pre out, 3 band EQ, not active capable, Digital time alignment no where to be found. Cant even do bluetooth calling or audio.

compared to the cz702's 5 volt preout, 5 band parametric EQ, Active network capable with Adjustable slopes, Digital time alignment, Has everything a modern head unit has and can add satellight/ipod/sirius just as easy as the kenwood and the sound and build quality is great. Its THE 150$ budget SQ oriented head unit to get. Closest thing to an 80 PRS for half of the PRS's cost
    i would not buy a clarion radio. i have installed them and had so many issues with them over the last 7 years. they may have the things you say but i can speak on the reliability as they have been proven garbage units for the shop i have worked at for over 10 years and get replaced with a kenwood or a pioneer. this is all about opinions apparently. i have used clarion, installed clarion, removed clarion and set clarion products in the garbage where they belong. i personally reccommend getting a jensen before i ever recommended a clarion product to anyone. you may have better luck with the clarion units but its just that LUCK! OP get whatever radio you think is best for you.

SounDrive is online now SounDrive RCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    896 Post(s)

i would not buy a clarion radio. i have installed them and had so many issues with them over the last 7 years. they may have the things you say but i can speak on the reliability as they have been proven garbage units for the shop i have worked at for over 10 years and get replaced with a kenwood or a pioneer. this is all about opinions apparently. i have used clarion, installed clarion, removed clarion and set clarion products in the garbage where they belong. i personally reccommend getting a jensen before i ever recommended a clarion product to anyone. you may have better luck with the clarion units but its just that LUCK! OP get whatever radio you think is best for you.
    I love my clarion. My friend whom is a clarion dealer (and pioneer..) loves them and so does everyone who buys them. They may not be the most attractive, but at this point you're just talking out your ***.

And yes, I've used Alpine, Kenwood, and Pioneer as well. My business partner who runs a Panasonic bottlehead and has used everything from modified eclipse head units to a Macintosh head unit and everything in between also approves of the sound and functionality of the CZ702s... If he approves of something, it's good in my book.

Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

Find us on Facebook!

nismos14 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    257 Post(s)

I've had more Kenwoods go bad then Clarions in 20 years or car audio. They will all potentially go bad.

Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html

BoomTaco64 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SounDrive View Post
    I love my clarion. My friend whom is a clarion dealer loves them and so does everyone who buys them. They may not be the most attractive, but at this point you're just talking out your ***
    and thats your opinion on the clarion units. everyone is entitled to their opinion and what they like. you choose clarion. i choose kenwood. two choices. saying i am talking our your A$$ is just plain stupid. if i have actual customers that do not like the units and have problems with them i am wrong? how can that be? am i dreaming each time i replace a clarion unit with kenwood. i believe the sales are not wrong as we sell them every day and replace the faulty clarion units with better working units. i am speaking on behalf on an installer that replaces more of them than i install them. so saying i am talking out my a$$ is just plain bogus.

southport2014 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

I had a kenwood x996 and it crapped on me within a year im going to look at the clarion

Jeffdachef is offline 160 db farts n sharts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1351 Post(s)

with clarion, they only have two reliable and best bang for buck models, CZ702 and NX702, i agree most of their lower lines and random head units are pretty junky, just like cheaper end pioneers, alpines and kenwoods. You got the good, the bad and the ugly of all brands. If the op wants something different other then the clarion, a similar model would be the alpine 147bt for a little bit more which is NICE also but for 150 dollars, that particular clarion head unit is generally approved and well recieved by many SQ and SPL competitors i've seen.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX tweets, alpine type R 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick.
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. 0 gauge Audio technix ofc all around, 2 group 31 agms in the back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2