I am attempting to install a Alpine head unit to a 1998 Mitsubishi Magna Wagon. This is what I have found so far:
* The yellow acc line is 0.2 V when ignition off and 0.4 v when ignition set to acc.
* The red power line drops about 0.2 V to 12.1 V when the ignition is set to acc (probably doesn't matter)
* The conversion wires I was sold swap the red and yellow wires so that acc on the head unit gets constant power (I have swapped these).
* If I connect the red and yellow wires together the head unit works but then it wont turn off when the ignition is off. Also it will turn itself off when music starts playing as perhaps a safety feature kicks in when too much current is being drawn?
* I have messed something up now as my dash clock does not work unless the red and yellow wires are crossed.
Is it normal for older cars to have a low voltage acc?
Can I damage the head unit by messing around with the wiring?
Any help would be great