+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Anyone had good luck with subs in a GMC Crew Cab behind the rear seat ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone had good luck with subs in a GMC Crew Cab behind the rear seat ?

I am trying to help a friend with his 2003 GMC Sierra Crew Cab HD1500. He purchased a prefab box and we've tried some Kicker Comp 10's which sounded bad at best compared to when they were in my Impala. Then we tried some RF shallow mounted 10s in the same box which were worse than anything i've heard. We both agree that we will get the same bass as a car with a trunk without building a wall or something. I'm trying to get the most bass in something behind or under the rear seat. He's open to having a box built for behind the seat.
    Would the best option be to have a box built behind the seat to house either a single 10 or 12 and then another box for under the rear seat with a matching 10 or 12 ? I even talked to him about going with some 8'd behind the seat.
    I'm just trying to find some of you that have experience with the GM Crew Cabs and what you've done and what worked for you. Thanks in advance.

Bought From: JohnnyBASS, Boomsday
    Sold To: whitedragon551
    Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH
    Front: Hertz Energy ECX-165
    Rear: Alpine SPE-6090
    Front/Rear Amp: Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4
    Sub: 2 Obsidian Audio D4 12" Sealed Enclosure & Massive DMX Stage 2 15"
    Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate Power T500-1bdCP & Mark Antony MK3000D
    INCOMING: Mark Antony GS1000D

NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Re: Anyone had good luck with subs in a GMC Crew Cab behind the rear seat ?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyStreetRacer View Post
    I am trying to help a friend with his 2003 GMC Sierra Crew Cab HD1500. He purchased a prefab box and we've tried some Kicker Comp 10's which sounded bad at best compared to when they were in my Impala. Then we tried some RF shallow mounted 10s in the same box which were worse than anything i've heard. We both agree that we will get the same bass as a car with a trunk without building a wall or something. I'm trying to get the most bass in something behind or under the rear seat. He's open to having a box built for behind the seat.
    Would the best option be to have a box built behind the seat to house either a single 10 or 12 and then another box for under the rear seat with a matching 10 or 12 ? I even talked to him about going with some 8'd behind the seat.
    I'm just trying to find some of you that have experience with the GM Crew Cabs and what you've done and what worked for you. Thanks in advance.
    If hes willing to do a 3" seat lift theres a few things that work well ....the worst part of shoving a a box under or behind the seat is the box itself..if u get a custom box designed ...u can do 2 8s or 2 10s or 4 8s ..ive seen all work and be pretty loud ..he might be able to do the 8s without a seat lift but id reccomend it...subs id be looking at would be sundown audio sa8v2 or sd10 ..or american bass vfl8 or massive audio hippo 8. Id bet u in the right box a pair of those 8s would put those 10s he has to shame..my buddy had 4 of the sundown 8s in his ranger and did 148db at a show last year..but the success of whatever sub he decides to buy is hinged on the proper box being built..it will make or break the sytem

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I had a 07 classic ext cab with 2 comp 10s under the seat running a constant 138db in a sealed box. But I was running 4x the rms to the in a big sealed box. They sounded **** good though got hella low too

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

Ben-jamin is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man im in the same situation. My problem is that my crew cab was made in Canada. In these Canadian models the cab is a little bit smaller than the American model so im having alot more trouble finding something that might be promising. Probox makes a loaded enclosure that goes behind the seat and it looks alright but i cannot find any review or other info besides what is on their website.

+ Reply to Thread