+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Where do I wire this..?

Motokid is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where do I wire this..?

FINALLY! I have my system bought and picked out, almost.

I decided to go with 1 DAD 15" Sub, PPI BK 1800.1, the shop im buying the DAD From is building me a Custom box, should be ready soon.. Or probably is now, waiting until payday. 1/0 Guage wire, and a cheap LOC from amazon to get my system working.

Basically I've got a 2011 Chrysler 200, going with my Stock HU Because I love it, which is why I need an LOC.. Sooo.. heres my question:

Where do I wire the amp..? As all of you may know, plug your RCA's into your HU, plug the blue Amp remote wire to the blue wire (usually) on the wiring harness on the HU.. But since im not even using the stock HU, im using a LOC.. Where do I wire the remote wire for the amp? Is there still something on the wiring harness I can splice into?

Basically that's my last problem.. and instead of payin gthe shop $100 for them to install it, when I know how to.. and would rather do it myself, I just need to know the best/easiest way to install the amp.. I've googled quite a bit, can't find anything.. One guy on youtube I saw put his remote wire into his fuse box.. wut?

Thanks guys.

fasfocus00 is offline doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Where do I wire this..?

Quote Originally Posted by Motokid View Post
    FINALLY! I have my system bought and picked out, almost.

I decided to go with 1 DAD 15" Sub, PPI BK 1800.1, the shop im buying the DAD From is building me a Custom box, should be ready soon.. Or probably is now, waiting until payday. 1/0 Guage wire, and a cheap LOC from amazon to get my system working.

Basically I've got a 2011 Chrysler 200, going with my Stock HU Because I love it, which is why I need an LOC.. Sooo.. heres my question:

Where do I wire the amp..? As all of you may know, plug your RCA's into your HU, plug the blue Amp remote wire to the blue wire (usually) on the wiring harness on the HU.. But since im not even using the stock HU, im using a LOC.. Where do I wire the remote wire for the amp? Is there still something on the wiring harness I can splice into?

Basically that's my last problem.. and instead of payin gthe shop $100 for them to install it, when I know how to.. and would rather do it myself, I just need to know the best/easiest way to install the amp.. I've googled quite a bit, can't find anything.. One guy on youtube I saw put his remote wire into his fuse box.. wut?

Thanks guys.
    this statement is clearly a lie. no need to explain why but you'll either damage something or even better burn your car to the ground.

Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

"If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fasfocus00 View Post
    this statement is clearly a lie. no need to explain why but you'll either damage something or even better burn your car to the ground.
    Oh?

BoomTaco64 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

here is some info on your vehicle....
    Radio 12v.......red/brown
    radio grnd.......black
    radio ign.........can b bus......check cig lighter for acc/ign power
    radio ill...........can b bus
    Pwr ant..........gray/orange
    LF.................gray/purp &gray/yellow
    RF.................dk. grn/purp & gray/lt grn
    LR.................dk. grn/tan & dk grn/gray
    RR.................dk.grn/brn &yellow/gray

speaker wire colors given are (+ & -)

Front Left: On vehicles with amplifier, the door speaker wires are gray/purple - gray/yellow at the amplifier behind glove box, white 14 pin plug, pins 1 and 7. The dash speaker wires are gray/orange - gray/yellow at the amplifier, white 20 pin plug, pins 1 and 10.

Front Right: On vehicles with amplifier, the door speaker wires are dk. green/purple - dk. green/yellow at the amplifier behind glove box, white 14 pin plug, pins 2 and 8. The dash speaker wires are gray/dk. green - gray/lt. green at the amplifier, white 20 pin plug, pins 2 and 11.

Rear Left: On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are dk. green/tan - dk. green/gray at the amplifier behind glove box, white 14 pin plug, pins 3 and 9.

Rear Right: On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are dk. green/brown - yellow/gray at the amplifier behind glove box, white 14 pin plug, pins 4 and 12.

this is info from directed from when i worked on my friends chrysler 200..remember to CHECK ALL WIRING WITH A DIGITAL MULTIMETER BEFORE CONNECTING...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoomTaco64 View Post
    here is some info on your vehicle....
    Radio 12v.......red/brown
    radio grnd.......black
    radio ign.........can b bus......check cig lighter for acc/ign power
    radio ill...........can b bus
    Pwr ant..........gray/orange
    LF.................gray/purp &gray/yellow
    RF.................dk. grn/purp & gray/lt grn
    LR.................dk. grn/tan & dk grn/gray
    RR.................dk.grn/brn &yellow/gray

speaker wire colors given are (+ & -)

Front Left: On vehicles with amplifier, the door speaker wires are gray/purple - gray/yellow at the amplifier behind glove box, white 14 pin plug, pins 1 and 7. The dash speaker wires are gray/orange - gray/yellow at the amplifier, white 20 pin plug, pins 1 and 10.

Front Right: On vehicles with amplifier, the door speaker wires are dk. green/purple - dk. green/yellow at the amplifier behind glove box, white 14 pin plug, pins 2 and 8. The dash speaker wires are gray/dk. green - gray/lt. green at the amplifier, white 20 pin plug, pins 2 and 11.

Rear Left: On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are dk. green/tan - dk. green/gray at the amplifier behind glove box, white 14 pin plug, pins 3 and 9.

Rear Right: On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are dk. green/brown - yellow/gray at the amplifier behind glove box, white 14 pin plug, pins 4 and 12.

this is info from directed from when i worked on my friends chrysler 200..remember to CHECK ALL WIRING WITH A DIGITAL MULTIMETER BEFORE CONNECTING...
    Thanks man, so would you recommend wiring it to something like the Radio Ign?

BoomTaco64 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

i would check with the near by cig outlet first to see if that is ign/acc. wiring to that will guarantee that it will turn on and off with the car. always fuse your connections.
    in those cars the vehicle ign source at the column is low current so you may need a relay for turn on. if its available at the cig lighter use that source for remote turn on.

+ Reply to Thread