Closed Thread

Reload Thread: JL Audio 10w7 VS Infinity Systems, improvements?

DDDD is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 JL Audio 10w7 VS Infinity Systems, improvements?

I currently have an infinity basslink in my honda accord ex wagon. It sounds fine to me but I'd like something louder and lacking the dropoff in low-end frequencies that the basslink suffers from. I was going to buy two Inifnity kappa perfect 12.1s but now I'm leaning towards one 10w7 powered by a JL 500.1 amp.

I listen to mainly IDM (aphex twin, autechre), speed/thrash/black metal (slayer, dimmu borgir), trip hop (björk, portishead) and a little bit of rap (outkast, aesop rock).

My question is just how much improvement over my current system is one 10w7 going to provide? And is the improvement worth spending upwards of $800 on?

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: JL Audio 10w7 VS Infinity Systems, improvements?

I think you'd enjoy the W7 and 500/1 combo much, much more than your current Basslink. Definitely a good upgrade

I'd go down to a local shop and take a listen to the setup you're looking at, and see for yourself if you like it or not. After all, it's your ears that have to listen to this daily, not mine

Do you have a box planned out yet or are you still in the inital phase of gathering options?

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

DDDD is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's going to be a sealed box to JL spec. 1.25 cubic feet I believe, in either .75 or 1" MDF. But I'm going to build it with my uncle who is a professional grade carpenter.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds perfect

I think you'd be much happier with the W7.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

DDDD is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The local shop only has a 10w7 in a slot ported box that I could listen to. I'm wondering if this will be an accurate representation of what I can expect out of a sealed box in the back of my car?

Also I'm wondering if anyone knows the actual SPL (dB) the basslink can put out at maximum because I know what that number sounds like. I heard the 10w7 can do around 130dB max but I have no frame of reference to compare that to.

Closed Thread