+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Bass Tube design (Rough Sketch repost because I figured out how to add pics)

SamIam71 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bass Tube design (Rough Sketch repost because I figured out how to add pics)

Believe it or not, these things would hit hard as hell. I am not sure of the exact dimensions, but it is close. Pipe was always 2" larger in diameter than sub. It was always 2' long. The port divide ran up 1'. I think the clearance was 1" and the port pcv pipe was 1 1/2".
    [ATTACH]Bass Tube design (Rough Sketch repost because I figured out how to add pics)-bass-tube2.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bass Tube design (Rough Sketch repost because I figured out how to add pics)-bass-tube-1.jpg  

hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Re: Bass Tube design (Rough Sketch repost because I figured out how to add pics)

I think you're going to run into problems with a 1.5" port on any 12" sub with more than a couple mm of x-max

SamIam71 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bass Tube design (Rough Sketch repost because I figured out how to add pics)

It may have been bigger. May have been 2 1/2 or 3. It had to be bigger than 1.5 though. I am going of memory. At least 20 years back worth of memory lol. They hit like the taxman on payday though. The shop building them for the most part was putting in earthquake subs and soundstream amps

+ Reply to Thread