+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Newbie With Questions

BobbyFord is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Newbie With Questions

Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move to the correct section.
    Hi, everyone. I'm new to the sound scene and could use some tips and information to better understand what I'm doing. Please excuse any nave questions.
    The last stereo I put in a car was in the 80's, in high school. A lot has changed.
    I build engines not stereos I searched the forum and couldn't really find all of the information that I am looking for.
    A little about my current set-up. I have a 2008 Ford Focus w/stock radio and 1st generation Sync with 4 6X8 speakers. The stock radio was anemic to say the least. I wasn't looking for thumping loud, just moderately loud but crisp, clean and undistorted.
    I installed a RF 3Sixty.3 processor using the high level inputs, a P1000X5 amp, 4 Kenwood KFC-C6894PS 3-way speakers and a Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10 in a sealed box.
    Just curious if anyone has any experience with the 3Sixty.3
    During the set-up, I pretty much used the auto-configure option. I did measure the distances of the speakers to the driver and input the measurements. I also selected low pass for the mono sub woofer. I selected all pass for the 2 front and two rear 3-way speakers. The sound is phenomenally better than the original radio. I did not mess with selecting "crossover types", "level" or "EQ".
    I have no clue what butterworth, chebyshev, linkwitz, Bessel, etc. I have no clue about crossover type, slope, class...Right now I selected AP, which I believe is All Pass and bypasses the crossovers.
    The manual says to consult your local Rockford Fosgate dealer to configure your specific system.
    I have contacted a few local shops and nobody seems to know much about these processors.
    I don't mind spending the money to set it up correctly but I have not been able to find anyone that I feel knows what they're talking about.
    Please excuse my lack of knowledge. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Someone please educate me.
    Thanks in advance.
    -Bobby

BobbyFord is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Newbie With Questions

Figured it out on my own.
    Thanks anyway.

calebkhill is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What did you do?

"When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"

tommydh is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Congrats man. The terms tend to make it seem more complicated tan it is but if youplay around enough you will find there is alot that unit can do. Try some of the EQ settings it has I'm not sure if it does auto EQing of a vehicle or not but if it does tat is a huge help

Pioneer DEH 80 PRS
    1 Sundown SD-2 10,
    Kicker SS56.2 components.(Soon to be changed out) Anyone with a set of these or maybe a single mid I'm looking
    Rockford Fosgate T-1000.1bd
    Pioneer GM6400f

I am DH Audio.,
    This isn't baseball I'm the original DH Richard Ctranium

+ Reply to Thread