Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

IB / trunk baffle = can fit 2 12s or 4 10s

yep - i finaly got a trunk car and a kid on the way . ... so i need space for a stroller and all that jaz to ride in the trunk of my 1974 two door chevy monte carlo i just upgraded to... its much safer for a kid to ride in than my lowrider car on juice was ( i hate newer cars ) lol... anyway

behind the back seat is going to get 3/4" plywood as well as the package tray back there and i can fit either two 12s or four 10s running trunk baffle ( its a nice size trunk )
    the plan is to seal off the trunk realley well from the cabin of the car.
    i remember reading a install forever ago a member here did using a pair of 15s trunk baffle style same as i plan to and he had issues with them - as it was hard for him to seal off the trunk from the cabbin of the car completely wich was a bummer for him... something about the front wave and the rear wave needing to be seperated

i have no idea what subs im going to use yet. i only have a pair of 8s /10s and a single 15 and 18 at the moment so i might try selling / trading for what i need - but i was hoping to not have to use a ton of power. i still have my saz 1500 but i was hoping to maby even just use 500w or less on the subs - as the car is stock everything exept the big 3 and i dont feel like buying a pro alternator and extra batterys..... yet haha

anyhow my question - i can only fit two 12s or i can jam in four 10s or 8s
    what would you suguest ? 12s over 10s ? why and what subs would you use for ib on low power ?

brians ghetto burb of amazing and cheap and loud build log
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/604559-get-loud-cheap-ghetto-blaster-burb.html

dbjunior is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

Re: IB / trunk baffle = can fit 2 12s or 4 10s

Fi ib3. The tens will have more cone area but installing the 12's would probably be easier . You will need to really stiffen the back deck and spray foam will become your best friend. Remember to do thin layers of foam so it dries correctly and doesn't make as big a mess.

bought from MBROOKY, johnny law.Lulz, subzero, tc3k101
    sold to mytrunkslamz , vitveet, cd6551, martiandancer31 (x2), pro-rabbit, whytellyou
    Trade with cf2004

brian84corvette is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Re: IB / trunk baffle = can fit 2 12s or 4 10s

i just found a thread in search where a member looked to have made a trunk wall with a port... maby it was a ported box right up against the back seat sealled off from the trunk maby.. ported is usualy my favorite box. hmmmmm.

given money not such an extreme issue / and fabrication work is a labor of love for me... would you choose the 4 tens or 2 twelves ?

brians ghetto burb of amazing and cheap and loud build log
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/604559-get-loud-cheap-ghetto-blaster-burb.html

+ Reply to Thread