+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Reload Thread: want to be louder

  1. #1
    blowthemup's Avatar
    blowthemup is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    want to be louder

    Running my 2 sa 10s off a memphis mc1000d and feel like they want more power. I've read that you have to pretty much double you power if you want to notice a big difference. If I went up to an amp that did around 2kw rms would they still sound good and be a lot louder? Thanks for any opinions and advice.







  2. #2
    Timmy13091's Avatar
    Timmy13091 is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Quote Originally Posted by blowthemup View Post
    Running my 2 sa 10s off a memphis mc1000d and feel like they want more power. I've read that you have to pretty much double you power if you want to notice a big difference. If I went up to an amp that did around 2kw rms would they still sound good and be a lot louder? Thanks for any opinions and advice.
    What are your box specs . ? Throw a 3.5k in there




  3. #3
    blowthemup's Avatar
    blowthemup is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy13091 View Post
    What are your box specs . ? Throw a 3.5k in there
    Im at 2.5 cubes tuned to 32hz, first box i built but it sounds good. Might build a new one and do an aero port to give the subs more air space. I dont think my alternator will handle anything more than 2k and that might be pushing it. I would upgrade alternator but im in a new 2013 civic si and has some ELD charging thing that prevents the alternator from charging all the time.




  4. #4
    Timmy13091's Avatar
    Timmy13091 is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Quote Originally Posted by blowthemup View Post
    Im at 2.5 cubes tuned to 32hz, first box i built but it sounds good. Might build a new one and do an aero port to give the subs more air space.
    Leave the box about that size grab a 3.5k and play with multiple aeros. A 2k wired lower works too but I'd just go with a 3.5 save yourself from having to do another amp upgrade later




  5. Likes macsdad liked this post
  6. #5
    blowthemup's Avatar
    blowthemup is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    I have the feeling if i get the box tuning right for the car then it will help the sound a little. I know what you mean about saving now by going bigger but i figured if i wanted to be louder after 2k then I would get a second 2k and strap them.




  7. #6
    bbeljefe's Avatar
    bbeljefe is offline Premium Member bbeljefe is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    1,788
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Quote Originally Posted by blowthemup View Post
    I have the feeling if i get the box tuning right for the car then it will help the sound a little. I know what you mean about saving now by going bigger but i figured if i wanted to be louder after 2k then I would get a second 2k and strap them.
    Good thinking. Also, while the SA series is a tough speaker, I wouldn't run them on more than 1-1.2kW daily, so a 2K ish amp would be plenty.



    Owner, Audio Anarchy, LLC
    2915 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA
    318-780-6149

    Authorized Dealer in NW Louisiana for CT Sounds & Execution Audio. We also carry other products but you really don't want that stuff... ;-)


  8. #7
    Timmy13091's Avatar
    Timmy13091 is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Quote Originally Posted by bbeljefe View Post
    Good thinking. Also, while the SA series is a tough speaker, I wouldn't run them on more than 1-1.2kW daily, so a 2K ish amp would be plenty.
    I've seen plenty of em take that power .. You just have to be aware of what your doing is all




  9. #8
    Timmy13091's Avatar
    Timmy13091 is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Quote Originally Posted by blowthemup View Post
    I have the feeling if i get the box tuning right for the car then it will help the sound a little. I know what you mean about saving now by going bigger but i figured if i wanted to be louder after 2k then I would get a second 2k and strap them.
    That's a option too .. Personally I'd still go with a solid 3.5 tho depending on what 2k your thinking about.. You can always wire higher or tune it low till you get your electrical handled




  10. #9
    blowthemup's Avatar
    blowthemup is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Was thinking of a sundown audio saz2500d or crescendo 2500d bass cleff. Leaning more towards crescendo because of the price.




  11. #10
    Timmy13091's Avatar
    Timmy13091 is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Quote Originally Posted by blowthemup View Post
    Was thinking of a sundown audio saz2500d or crescendo 2500d bass cleff. Leaning more towards crescendo because of the price.
    Nendo has a 2k not 2500 but the sundown I'd say is a good amount beefier .. Either one is a solid choice tho




  12. #11
    garychurch84's Avatar
    garychurch84 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    hornbeak,tn
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Bc2000 is a good amp.no problems from mine so far




  13. #12
    blowthemup's Avatar
    blowthemup is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Will it be noticeably louder going from the memphis mc1000d to the crescendo bc2000d?




  14. #13
    Timmy13091's Avatar
    Timmy13091 is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Quote Originally Posted by blowthemup View Post
    Will it be noticeably louder going from the memphis mc1000d to the crescendo bc2000d?
    Yes




  15. #14
    blowthemup's Avatar
    blowthemup is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    Wheres the best place to pick up a bc2000d right now? I see there on back order through crescendo for the time being.




  16. #15
    garychurch84's Avatar
    garychurch84 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    hornbeak,tn
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: want to be louder

    SSA Store




+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I want to be louder
    By travicles in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 07:35 PM
  2. I want it to be louder
    By 97cav in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 12:33 AM
  3. I want to be louder than...
    By KnOkIn It 420 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 01:13 PM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 10:59 PM
  5. I want it to be louder
    By Big_Nugga86 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum