+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Help me load this Amazon shopping cart please!

SamIam71 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help me load this Amazon shopping cart please!

Alright, so far, I have loaded and unloaded my cart on Amazon 3-4 times. Rather than continue on my schizophrenic shopping adventure. I thought I may trouble you good people to help come to a decision.
    First of, thanks to anyone entertaining the idea of contributing to this topic. Secondly, I am about 1,200 miles from the vehicle this stuff is to go in.
    My son recently bought his first car, and sounds like before he got it home, he went and bought some audio equipment. Man, I live that kid. anyway, I am in the Army and not there right now to help, but I would like to send him some goodies to improve his sound system. THe truck came with a Pioneer head of some sort(he could not identify the model) and he bought a Kole QX2 1920 and a kicker comp 10. He says the Kole beats the life out of the Kicker comp 10 and sounds ok, but when was ok ever good enough?
    I am out to get him either 2 Sundown E series 10's, or 1 Sundown sa10, but can't make up my mind as to which would be the best way to go. 2 good lighter weight subs, or one rock crusher. I know this may come down to a preference, but so be it, what would your preference be, and why?

Vehicle: Ford Ranger Extra Cab
    Amp: Kole audio QX2 1920
    370w RMS X 2 @4OHMS
    440w RMS X 2 @2OHMS
    880 watts x 1 Bridged, 4 ohms
    Box/es will be prefabs, ported until I can get home and help him build.
    Subs: Either 2 Sundown E-series 10's
    Or 1 Sundown SA-10

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: Help me load this Amazon shopping cart please!

Depends on how much trunk space he's willing to give up. I would always go with one higher powered sub rather than two weaker ones. Are you dead set on going with one of those two options?

bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SamIam71 View Post
    Alright, so far, I have loaded and unloaded my cart on Amazon 3-4 times. Rather than continue on my schizophrenic shopping adventure. I thought I may trouble you good people to help come to a decision.
    First of, thanks to anyone entertaining the idea of contributing to this topic. Secondly, I am about 1,200 miles from the vehicle this stuff is to go in.
    My son recently bought his first car, and sounds like before he got it home, he went and bought some audio equipment. Man, I live that kid. anyway, I am in the Army and not there right now to help, but I would like to send him some goodies to improve his sound system. THe truck came with a Pioneer head of some sort(he could not identify the model) and he bought a Kole QX2 1920 and a kicker comp 10. He says the Kole beats the life out of the Kicker comp 10 and sounds ok, but when was ok ever good enough?
    I am out to get him either 2 Sundown E series 10's, or 1 Sundown sa10, but can't make up my mind as to which would be the best way to go. 2 good lighter weight subs, or one rock crusher. I know this may come down to a preference, but so be it, what would your preference be, and why?

Vehicle: Ford Ranger Extra Cab
    Amp: Kole audio QX2 1920
    370w RMS X 2 @4OHMS
    440w RMS X 2 @2OHMS
    880 watts x 1 Bridged, 4 ohms
    Box/es will be prefabs, ported until I can get home and help him build.
    Subs: Either 2 Sundown E-series 10's
    Or 1 Sundown SA-10
    why not get a single 15? or pair of 12s? just curious.... Also the sundown Sa is the better sub between the E & SA

MY NEW RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 SOUNDQUBED SDC2.5-15'S ~ 7.06 CUBE @ 37HZ ~ SHARK 2500(FOR NOW,2 STRAPPED LATER)@ 1OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ 4 RUNS OF 1/0(2+/2-)

WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK BATTERY ~ ONLY 6GA POWER WIRE

2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumper6 View Post
    Depends on how much trunk space he's willing to give up. I would always go with one higher powered sub rather than two weaker ones. Are you dead set on going with one of those two options?
    This.... i was going to recommend a Obsidian Audio V2 15 or pair of Obsidian 12s

MY NEW RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 SOUNDQUBED SDC2.5-15'S ~ 7.06 CUBE @ 37HZ ~ SHARK 2500(FOR NOW,2 STRAPPED LATER)@ 1OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ 4 RUNS OF 1/0(2+/2-)

WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK BATTERY ~ ONLY 6GA POWER WIRE

2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

BrownVanMan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

go with 1 12 so you save a little space. id search the classifieds here you may be able to snag something real nice for cheap. also that amp wont do the 800 or so watts it says it will. so an amp upgrade may be in his future as well.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all for your input. I thought about going with a 12 as the price is nearly the same. He is more into rock, and I thought the 10 would be a little more punchy than a 12 or 15. Also, I imagine the amp is overrated, but hope it is putting out at least 600, which is what the sa or two E series ask for. I know they can handle more, but this is what we have for now. I guess what I am wondering about is if the two lighter subs will be a smoother, maybe more musical sound than the one higher powered one. I am leaning towards the one sa though thinking in the future I can get him a real amp and add a second sa sub. I am not dead set on either.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is done. I am going with a single Sa12. Down the road I will most likely get him another amp and a second 12. Those obsidians look like a great sub, and a good value. I will be keeping an eye on them. Thank you all for getting me off the fence guys.

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Good choice that is a very solid sub and all those models can sound basically identical, the 12 will be just as good for rock as the 10, but the 12 will get louer

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

bbeljefe is online now Premium Member bbeljefe is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I realize this problem is solved but I'd just like to pop in and help put to rest this misguided notion that ten somehow does something entirely different and magical to the same air that a 12 can do...

Tens, 12s, 15s, 18s, even 6.5s and 8s all play the same notes and all manipulate aire in the same ways. Smaller drivers aren't better at some notes, they're worse at some notes. Ergo, tens generally won't play 25Hz notes as loud as 12s, etc. BUT, they will play them. Likewise, tens don't play 40Hz notes "better" than 18s.

A sub either plays a note or it doesn't. The box and the environment around the driver are what most affect the sound quality, NOT the size of the piston.

Owner, Audio Anarchy, LLC
    2915 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA
    318-780-6149

Authorized Dealer in NW Louisiana for CT Sounds & Execution Audio. We also carry other products but you really don't want that stuff... ;-)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Success! After about 45 minutes of walking my son through hooking up the SA12 and box I sent him over the phone, it came to just let it rip and let's see if it works, and I waited on the line. After a couple minutes of inaudible rumble on my end of the line, the noise subsided and I could hear him laughing as he got back on the phone and said," Yeah, it works, it's awesome. My hair is all messed up, I guess I will have to start keeping a comb in my truck or something, but I love it, it works great!". And just like that, another basshead is born.lol. i do believe that we have done a good thing here people. Cheers.

11. Likes vibe, thatguy12 liked this post
    thatguy12 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SamIam71 View Post
    Success! After about 45 minutes of walking my son through hooking up the SA12 and box I sent him over the phone, it came to just let it rip and let's see if it works, and I waited on the line. After a couple minutes of inaudible rumble on my end of the line, the noise subsided and I could hear him laughing as he got back on the phone and said," Yeah, it works, it's awesome. My hair is all messed up, I guess I will have to start keeping a comb in my truck or something, but I love it, it works great!". And just like that, another basshead is born.lol. i do believe that we have done a good thing here people. Cheers.
    when you get back home hopefully your son and you now have projects you can do together. i still ask my dad for help and he always will help me with my car audio addiction, these memories are some of my favorites.

Sold To: Goodear and ATC_DJ
    Bought From: Dtrom and f1mclarenagr

Head Unit: pioneer deh 80prs, Front stage: Hertz DSK Components, Rear: Alpine type S , Sub Stage: Tantric HD 10s, Sub Amp: AudioQue 3500.1, Highs Amp: AudioQue 120.4
    Electrical Consists of a Singer 200 amp alt, a Shuriken BT 80, two Crescendo Group 31s and lots of Execution Audio 1/0 Gauge.

13. Likes SamIam71 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread