+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: need advice please

vibe is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

need advice please

if i were to run 2 incriminator death penalty 12s off of 2 hifonics brz24001.d amps strapped so roughly pushing most likely around 4100w rms would i need a second alternator or just some extra agm batteries??? i have a mechman 240a already installed....... thanks for your input. i know im going to catch slack for wanting to run those subs with inferior amps compared to sundown, ia, crescendo etc....

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: need advice please

That alt,and 4 good agm batts should be fine.Im around 5k rms with all amps,and running whats in my sig,but just threw 2 more batts in, and on a low note /tilt @13.2v..Though looking at getting a 270-300+ alt for a bit more easement on the supply,having the alt work less stressfull, and keeping the batts in good condition/to last a bit longer.

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

3. Likes vibe liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    That alt,and 4 good agm batts should be fine.Im around 5k rms with all amps,and running whats in my sig,but just threw 2 more batts in, and on a low note /tilt @13.2v..Though looking at getting a 270-300+ alt for a bit more easement on the supply,having the alt work less stressfull, and keeping the batts in good condition/to last a bit longer.
    what cranking amp output agm am i looking for? 1600 2250 2600? and do you recommend kinetix or xs? thanks for the response

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vibe View Post
    what cranking amp output agm am i looking for? 1600 2250 2600? and do you recommend kinetix or xs? thanks for the response
    Im running 4 Orileys Super Start Plat agm batts($145 ea)Same as redtops,though the reds trashed a good 225 amp alt for me,in the past,Expensive lesson learned.With all the reviews lately,XS seems do be the ones to spend the money on..I haven't had ANY issues with the batts Im running..NONE at all

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

6. Likes jrdnhsnbrg liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

yeah thats what i have heard too but you can get kinetixs which have good reviews too for cheaper with a higher output. thinking i can maybe get away with 2 of there 2600 amp batteries. they sell em for 250 a piece on sonic electronis and have awesome reviews. **** things are like 80lbs a piece

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

yeah thats what i have heard too but you can get kinetixs which have good reviews too for cheaper with a higher output. thinking i can maybe get away with 2 of there 2600 amp batteries. they sell em for 250 a piece on sonic electronis and have awesome reviews. **** things are like 80lbs a piece
    That's $500 smacks for two batts man..You can get 3 of the Orileys for less than 450 man??Just sayin..Take a look at them.I know they are not Nutt hugging of XS/Kinetick/known name brands of car audio world, but they serve well for the money, and a 3 yr free replacemt,and pro rated after that..Hard for me to have passed up

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    That's $500 smacks for two batts man..You can get 3 of the Orileys for less than 450 man??Just sayin..Take a look at them.I know they are not Nutt hugging of XS/Kinetick/known name brands of car audio world, but they serve well for the money, and a 3 yr free replacemt,and pro rated after that..Hard for me to have passed up
    what kind of amperage are the ones you have? would definitely be interested if it is cheaper has a great warranty and has comparable amperage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Part #= 78 EXTAGM

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

what kind of amperage are the ones you have? would definitely be interested if it is cheaper has a great warranty and has comparable amperage
    If u have a sams in ur area go get duracell agms.and you dont need 4 batteries for this.setup ...i run 5krms with a mechman 240 duracell under the hood and 2 g27 dekas in the back with 4 runs of 1/0 and i drop to. 14.2 full tilt

12. Thanks vibe thanked for this post
    Likes vibe liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    If u have a sams in ur area go get duracell agms.and you dont need 4 batteries for this.setup ...i run 5krms with a mechman 240 duracell under the hood and 2 g27 dekas in the back with 4 runs of 1/0 and i drop to. 14.2 full tilt
    holy ****. 4 runs of 1/0 where the hell do you fit all that wire!!! and im assuming im probably going to have to do the same. and do you think costco would have what i am looking for with the agm batteries? what are g27 dekas?

black05alti is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sears diehard platinum batts are good too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

holy ****. 4 runs of 1/0 where the hell do you fit all that wire!!! and im assuming im probably going to have to do the same. and do you think costco would have what i am looking for with the agm batteries? what are g27 dekas?
    Deka is a brand and g27 is a size ...not sure what brand of agm costco would have ...all my wire is ran thru firewall and. under pass seat and back seats ...not that difficult actually..just gota pull the interior

16. Thanks vibe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by black05alti View Post
    Sears diehard platinum batts are good too
    Yea same as odyssey.but gona cost around 50-75 more per batt

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    Yea same as odyssey.but gona cost around 50-75 more per batt
    good to know thank you. have any idea how a STETSOM DIGITAL 5K2 MONO BLOCK 6850W AMPLIFIER is as far as quality of amp? im getting 2 ia death penalty subs and going to go for about 4500w rms out of em

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Ya..3 batts/AGM,and the alt he has will do fine.I just put in 2 more.Havent checked the voltage at tilt on all 4,but 2 were at the 13 on a low.I figure why not one more just in case? Each to theyre own.Doesnt hurt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast