+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Does this system check out?

stevknd2 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Does this system check out?

My friend just picked up his new daily beater and he wants me to put a system in it. He was really fixated on getting rockford fosgate speakers, so I set up this plan:
    Rockford Fosgate T2652-S T2 Power 6.5-Inch Component Speaker System - up front
    Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 6 x 8-Inch Full-Range Coaxial Speakers - in the back
    Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4 400-Watt Multi-Channel Amplifier - to amp both sets of speakers
    He eventually would add in a rockford fosgate sub and amp as well, but for now it's all about the speakers. Are these the best speakers I can get for the price? This comes to about $530 on amazon. Will this deliver AWESOME quality? I figured the power series from fosgate can't be that bad, he just needs to be sure they scream. Are there any other brands you might recommend? Thanks for the help!

UsAmpsFreak is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Does this system check out?

Quote Originally Posted by stevknd2 View Post
    My friend just picked up his new daily beater and he wants me to put a system in it. He was really fixated on getting rockford fosgate speakers, so I set up this plan:
    Rockford Fosgate T2652-S T2 Power 6.5-Inch Component Speaker System - up front
    Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 6 x 8-Inch Full-Range Coaxial Speakers - in the back
    Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4 400-Watt Multi-Channel Amplifier - to amp both sets of speakers
    He eventually would add in a rockford fosgate sub and amp as well, but for now it's all about the speakers. Are these the best speakers I can get for the price? This comes to about $530 on amazon. Will this deliver AWESOME quality? I figured the power series from fosgate can't be that bad, he just needs to be sure they scream. Are there any other brands you might recommend? Thanks for the help!
    I would recommend a 2 channel for his mids and highs unless he wants to be able to fade from front to rear. He'd spend less money and get more power on them with a 2 channel. Everything else looks good although i might have upgraded the rear speakers to match the quality of the fronts, 6X8's are kinda poo poo lol

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The t2 components have a bright tweeter just a heads up and the 6x8s are fine I wouldnt even do rear speakers its a waste. I would bridge the 400x4 to just the front comps

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

UsAmpsFreak is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well i would most definitely disagree with everything he said to do. But hey, everyone's got their own thing. After 15 years of installing i most definitely want rear speakers in every system, it's obvious when they aren't there and bridging a 4 channel on mids is a huge waste of money when you could just by a 500 watt 2 channel for the same price, get more power and achieve the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread