+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: 88 Prelude budget build (HELP)

Pyromaniac4food is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

88 Prelude budget build (HELP)

I'm starting to take out and sell my old system. I finally broke down and bought a 220 amp alt for the lude. I have never ran any system over 700 watts so this should be interesting... The alt is going to take a little modifacation to fit according to Mike Singer so that will be an adventure itself. I am trying to keep this build on the cheaper side. I don't mind buying used.

First need to finish beefing up the electrical.
    Ordering these tonight:
    50 ft Blue Audio Technix 1 0 Gauge 0 GA AWG Flexible Car Audio Power Wire | eBay
    Execution Audio 1 0 AWG 0 GA Gauge Big 3 Complete Fused Blue Wire Wiring Kit | eBay

Now i'm looking for some batteries... I have never ran extra batteries and have little knowledge on them... Looking for 3 one for under the hood 2 for the back as suggested by a friend but size/style I have no clue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is running an isolator worth while?

After that I need suggestions on amp/amps.. I am currently running infinity kappa components off a ppi2240 which sounds just find for me. Plan on leaving that.

Sub amp... I want to run 3-4k daily. Been looking at amps between 3-500. Again used is more than likely better.

Sub/subs... Can't decide between 2 15's or an 18 I have a fairly large trunk space. Will get measurements soon.

Box.. Any suggestions for box builders in the SoCal/San Diego/Orange county area? I am currently stationed at Camp Pendleton.

Will be getting rid of a jl12w7 with custom box, Diamond audio d800.1, Alpine type x sealed ~1ft box. RE SX 15 d4.

Current equipment:
    Alpine UTE-42BT HU
    Singer 220amp alt (being built)

All help is appreciated,
    David

Drich79 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 88 Prelude budget build (HELP)

I am selling my Soundstream DTR1.3400D $300. Does 3400 @ .5 Ohm

Refs:
    CACO: 79Bronco, djscrubb, westman995, Inferno333, ta2ed9783
    CA: RagingXdem0n, Protown, woc47, finalWolf, rtillaree, qcsfinest704, Nineball, DanielSan, Reible82nd, Duango03, a1mcalister1, soccerguru607
    ROE: Corey Anderson, Viper118, BigP, StratusRT01, jblanford, Ruger, hotsizzle56, BIGPATIN, bassmech_2000, Splitfirexxx.

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

i vote getting good AGM batteries with a Reserve Capacity >120.

an isolator is not necessary unless you want to play with the system off (it protects the starting battery while also being hard on it when you reconnect them together).

a pair of 1/0 runs of power AND ground from front to back is a good start.

also, sweet ride! i'm more a fan of the mid-90's with the H22A

a pair of 15's is a better bet and more likely to fit vertically (you need a few extra inches for the box).

choices are limitless for amps.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

akadj is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post

a pair of 15's is a better bet and more likely to fit vertically (you need a few extra inches for the box).
    I agree unless you fire the sub upwards.. Then I would go one 18. I can't remember the actual size of a 90's lude trunk but unless your going sealed, a pair of 15" is going to be a small enclosure. If it were me I wouldn't have a pair in less then 7.5 cubes after displacement and I don't recall it being that big but an 18 I'd drop into 5 cubes
    I am also doing a budget build but more for straight spl... so I'm interested in how you make out.

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akadj View Post
    I agree unless you fire the sub upwards.. Then I would go one 18. I can't remember the actual size of a 90's lude trunk but unless your going sealed, a pair of 15" is going to be a small enclosure. If it were me I wouldn't have a pair in less then 7.5 cubes after displacement and I don't recall it being that big but an 18 I'd drop into 5 cubes
    I am also doing a budget build but more for straight spl... so I'm interested in how you make out.
    i agree that one sub in a proper enclosure will be better than two subs in too small of an enclosure.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

chefzane is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love these cars had an 86 the trunk is pretty big for the type of car it is

Coming soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you are buying a 50ft spool then there is no need for the big 3 kit so cut that out of your budget unless you ordered it. 50 ft will give you two full runs and leave you with a good amount of wire left over for the big 3 and misc ground and runs from batt to amps.
    If you are looking to stay budget oriented there is a lot of Soundstream Rubicon 2500s on craigslist in our area. Usually going for about $200~$250 a pop. Good power for the money.

Single 18" would do the trick just make sure you have enough air space and don't just cram as big of a box you can fit into the trunk either. Box builders there is Donh if he still does it, also a few people look up whitehorse on cl he is a member of caco.

Garcia915 is offline Premium Member Garcia915 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Op make sure you leave room for your amps and batteries. I doubt you can fit 2 15's in a proper enclosure and still have room for the rest of your equipment. You might be able to but you will be limited to sub selection as not all subs like small ported enclosures. If this is for daily I'd suggest 2 12"s n they're proper enclosure tuned nice and low. If it's an spl build you might get away with 2 15"s using aero ports tuned high. For budget batts deka and Duracell agm 31's are a good bang for the buck. There's a lot of good used amps out there right now on the forums you just gotta look for the best deals. You can get a quality Korean 3.5k for 4-600$

Sony h/u
    Front stage-CDT CL Comps
    Ppi p.600.2
    Knu ofc 4g
    Sub stage-Single 15" Crossfire XSV2 in 4.25 cu box tuned to 31hz
    AB Vfl 120.1
    Knu ofc 1/0

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the input guys. I have never owned a 18 so I was thinking throwing an 18 on a rubicon 2500. Can get the amp for cheap in my area. I just feel i'm wasting my alternator not running atleast 3k

The kit was already ordered but I would rather have all the right equipment then trying to rig a kit from my 50ft spool. leaves me with a lot of extra wire anyway.

But yeah I love my lude, shes rough on the outside. I'll get her touched up after the build. only paid 2k for her and i'm dumping probably 1.5-2 in the system

jrdnhsnbrg is offline Pimped my grandma's ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Do a build log! Yeah I paid 3k for my car and have probably close to 1k into the sound system, and I have plans for more upgrades, too. It's a never-ending cycle of getting louder and sounding better.

01 Lincoln Continental - Mary

XFL 12" on a VFL150.1, 4.5 cubes net @27Hz
    Powerware 150ah monster, SHCA 1/0 & 8ga
    Pioneer D Series 6.5" and 6x8" on a VFL150.4

References: mylows10, 2000LaDe , VWGolfMKVI, Garcia915, UnderFire, joeybutts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    You HAVE to look.

If after 5 wipes you're still getting mega shit on the paper, it's shower time.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll start it up when I get time, 24 hour shifts wear me down. So most days I don't have the drive to do it all.

+ Reply to Thread