+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: DD haters

UsAmpsFreak is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: DD haters

They more than likely felt that he wasn't pushing their products hard enough and decided to go a different direction. I've seen it happen frequently and they are hardly the only company doing it. If you aren't ordering their required minimum per year to be a dealer they will find someone else that will.

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UsAmpsFreak View Post
    They more than likely felt that he wasn't pushing their products hard enough and decided to go a different direction. I've seen it happen frequently and they are hardly the only company doing it. If you aren't ordering their required minimum per year to be a dealer they will find someone else that will.
    Very true, and if you are a current dealer then you are aware of your contract.

UsAmpsFreak is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep exactly. I've never been on that side of things, always been an installer/sales but i'm aware of how some aspects of the business works. Who knows, maybe some day i'll dabble in the idea of running my own shop.

d77543020 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

wow a quota they should be happy any dealer is willing to carry them good stuff but rather expensive for the average consumer

5. Thanks raptor727 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UsAmpsFreak View Post
    Being an audio junkie i could care less what the stuff looks like, if it's fine equipment i'm buying it. Everything these days is about looks and it's hilarious. Guys would rather buy some chrome amps that **** than some basic looking ****** stuff. Cracks me up.
    Never understood the wish for looks. Maybe in some rare cases sure, but other then that...naw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious. View Post
    It just seems counter productive to me. I'm not very impressed with their business practices. My buddy was a DD dealer, and DD allowed another local shop to become a dealer as well and he lost nearly all of his DD business. As soon as they required a quota, he just couldn't keep up and dropped them. It's really a shame how they run their business, they make some great products.
    Okc is the worse foe territory restrictions as they virtually do not exhist. Yet they still have various requirments on quotas.

Many companies do push for quotas but that is a quickly diimg market. I only have one company we sell at the shop that still has a quota and it is in no way a firm quota. Everyone else had buy ins to secure an area of sales protection.

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    I troll facebook alot ....When it comes to amps nobody is making that kind of power in that small footprint on 12v. DD may not be for you or your wallet but why hate or deny when the proof is everywhere for so many years?

Apparently you troll here a lot as well. Either you're a troll or never seen a Brazilian amp. Secondly, DD is by far not the end-all be-all of car audio. The DD-Z sub is an awesome platform, but everything else they make is pretty comparable to a dozen other things you could have.

About the only thing DD is really ahead of the pack with is the fanboys' level of douchbaggery. Frankly it's the attitude of the DD fanboys why I'd never touch their product.

8. Likes chefzane liked this post
    chefzane is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you choise visual then preformance first then why did you go with Audiobaun, audiopipe, and Kicker? Sorry bud but everything you say is now invalid.
    What I had to start with they aren't the best but they did the numbers and didn't look half bad, and that was going off 15year old thinking I was new back to the game, I have learned a **** ton from people just like you over the last couple months and appreciate everything you all have to say, hence why all that is gone and my 15" IA death rows are being built right now and by the time they arrive so will two IA 20.1s for power, still gonna use the PA xover and run three way active front with CDT, all elec already done and most of deadening, so as you see I have learned a lot from you guys don't be an azz just because you asked a question and I answered with reasons for my answers in a very simple manner, if you are gonna fight with every answer then why ask, is someone not allowed to not like something just because they don't like how it looks? If you gave me one I would run it till I could sell it and then buy something else, no hate just no love for them that's all

Coming soon

10. Likes supereikenator liked this post
    OnYrMrk is offline Superstition is bad luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DD's amps are made in Korea...as are so many other amps. I worked for DD in Sales a few years ago, and DD amps then were QC'd at the factory only. Their subs, I know quite a few of the craftsmen and women who built the subwoofers. They cost more because they aren't built on an assembly line with robots, they are built by hand, glued by hand, soldered by hand. They were very good subwoofers. I can only attest to what I know back in 2009...I don't know about the build quality now.

TEAM MSE/JL
    2007 Audi A4 Quattro "Audi-0"
    Alpine NAV1
    Future install: JL C5-400 and C5-tweeter, Z800 in kicks, JL XD1000/5 (x2), JL 13TW5-D4 (x2)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Amplifier QC was still only done over seas (up to 2011 anyway) and the assembly was still done here on most of the drivers. However, the assembly process and personal at that time generated it's own issues in some cases. I know the staff has changed numerous times since then as they have a high turn over ratio.

Which is sad to me, I feel that if both companies (DD and SQ) could have no glass ceiling so to speak.

Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

So you choise visual then preformance first then why did you go with Audiobaun, audiopipe, and Kicker? Sorry bud but everything you say is now invalid.
    Dude, you offered your opinion, he offered his. No need to jump on him for saying his different viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

14. Likes supereikenator liked this post
    slam is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wow! Now, everything you said is invalid to me. Thats my opinion like he had his opinion. Who cares what you think.....

LOUDNDEEP is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

my dd3510's slapped hard as hell and i bought them for $150. they both had coil rub. after giving dd $260 for recones they still sit in my closet. i love the product but if im buying new it will be from another company that doesnt have to over charge. i know you get what you pay for but sometimes that investment isnt worth it when you can buy an equal product for almost half the price

2001 CHEVY BLAZER 2DR
    1 18" PSI/NIGHTSHADE V1
    AMPERE AUDIO 3800.1
    MECHMAN 240A ALT
    2 RUNS KNU 1/0
    2 DIEHARD PLATINUM G31
    RF PUNCH 450.4
    ARC 6.2 COMPONENTS
    BOSTON RC 4" MIDS
    ALPINE CDA-9886

17. Likes chefzane liked this post
    n8skow is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

DD does make 'some' fine products - but if you think they can do no wrong, pass me that bong:
    Digital Designs 2508c supercharged walkthrough - YouTube

National Finals
    Oct. 25-26th, 2014 - Sedalia Missouri

n8skow is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

oops, double-post
    Last edited by n8skow; 10-04-2013 at 02:49 PM.

National Finals
    Oct. 25-26th, 2014 - Sedalia Missouri

SounDrive is online now SounDrive RCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n8skow View Post
    DD does make 'some' fine products - but if you think they can do no wrong, pass me that bong:
    Digital Designs 2508c supercharged walkthrough - YouTube
    Obviously a competitor is going to talk **** about their product. He even goes as far as to criticize the "made in USA" sticker.. really?

Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

Find us on Facebook!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast