+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: The worst part of deployments

DDtC is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

The worst part of deployments

Money buring holes in pockets that you have to keep to do stuff to your car when you get back. The only thing I still want to do is go to Ferrari world next month but Amazon is a MOFO. Just ordered a Fiio headphone amp to fill the gap, should sound baddass on my Shure SE315s.
    Now to the business...
    Some of you may know I've been fapping over a DD m4a for a while now, I dont think that is going to happen considering stuff I must do first. I think I have it laid out now, I can swap my 5K for a M4 straight up, I might not gain but it wont lose either. I do think its loud enough for what I do with the car. The M4a will gain but I will need to add a battery that I dont really have room for.
    I figured the M4 and rebuilding the back end to something that can hang in about any install comp will be cool. Win SQ, SPL, and install in the same show. Rhino line the box and build mdf covers and plexi windows for the amp rack. Square and clean it up better then it is. It has won install before but there really wanst much compatition. Since DD dropped the 9900 I've been thinking about doing a single 15. Why is there so many options lol

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

tat2bass is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Re: The worst part of deployments

I feel you man. I was deployed last year and I spent so much time planning my system for when I returned and the waiting killed me. If you decide to part with your HT28's and XL's, let me know

Milk Mayne is offline Doing 160

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Been there before brother. Spent my time in the box planning to finally get myself some 95s. Go with those 99's, I've been drooling over them since they posted those pics up on their FB page a couple days ago. Decisions, decisions.

garychoffmann is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for your service guys..... without you doing what you do, we all couldn't do what we do. Lots of respect

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Worst part: amount of people in the gym.
    Best part: the food. And the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

6. Likes Milk Mayne, tat2bass liked this post
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Deployments? You mean personal fundraisers lol. But I understand where you're coming from. Imagine what it's like being on a submarine. Can't spend your money, even when you want to.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

Manhattan is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wish I could say "I feel ya brother" but, I never served. I'm in awe of what you guys give up to allow the likes of me to do what we do... which pales in comparison. Thanks for your service.

ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Worst part: amount of people in the gym.
    Best part: the food. And the money.
    Where the hell have you been where the food was good? Balad, Iraq and Jbad, Afghan was garbage, the only thing good was the cookies.

Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ace_800 View Post
    Where the hell have you been where the food was good? Balad, Iraq and Jbad, Afghan was garbage, the only thing good was the cookies.
    Al Udeid buddy! Not really a deployment....lol. There and Al Dhafra are both biz. Seriously the best chow hall I've been to anywhere.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Slo_Ride is offline Midnight Rider

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I would say the worse part would be the possibility of not making it back. Thats the nicest way I could think to word it.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

tat2bass is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

QUOTE=gckless;8481953]Al Udeid buddy! Not really a deployment....lol. There and Al Dhafra are both biz. Seriously the best chow hall I've been to anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were joking about the food. The food was terrible. My stomach is still jacked up nearly a year later!!!!

The gyms were the worst part though. With so many people on shift work, the **** gyms are always packed. Or sand gets in everything including the AC's, and **** working out in a 100+ degree tent.

Actually, I'm married, so the worst part was the lack of sex. Definitely the lack of sex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    QUOTE=gckless;8481953]Al Udeid buddy! Not really a deployment....lol. There and Al Dhafra are both biz. Seriously the best chow hall I've been to anywhere.
    I thought you were joking about the food. The food was terrible. My stomach is still jacked up nearly a year later!!!!

The gyms were the worst part though. With so many people on shift work, the **** gyms are always packed. Or sand gets in everything including the AC's, and **** working out in a 100+ degree tent.

Actually, I'm married, so the worst part was the lack of sex. Definitely the lack of sex.[/QUOTE]

Where at? It was really good food for a chow hall there.

ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Gym was never very bad where I was. Sometimes was busy but most of the time there were maybe 20-30 people in a fairly large gym. I have never been on a cake deployment.

Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.

DDtC is online now High Output SQ

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Gyms on the carrier are decent since theres 4 of them. Always packed but you can do what you need to. Trying to squat while the boats rocking *****. We've been eating some kind of fish everyday, dont know what the hell is going on with that. Looking forward to Ferrari world though, it was getting built last time I was over here in 05. We are short handed so I've been in the air everyday minus Sundays, shits starting to wear me out

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

shutup is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the worst part of your deployment is knowing there's a good chance you'll come back alive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast