+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Lots of Questions and looking for some help.

Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lots of Questions and looking for some help.

So, im new to this forum and not sure how these types of questions are accepted. Here is my dilemma.

I got a 2011 F150 supercrew. (For you car guys thats a truck with 4 doors) I want to install some subs. The stock sony speakers are good but lack that "umph" that a sub adds. Im leaning towards two 12's. I want to put them under the seat but that seems a little advantageous.

Now im thinking of folding one of the back seats up, then putting a box there. Is their a problem with that? Do i need to point the subs down? Up? towards/Away from me? I know that in the chance of a accented that would come crashing foward/Side to side. Does that pose a Risk to the Driver or person sitting beside it?

A friend said square Subs sound better than a circle due to more surface area. Is that true? I was looking at some Kicker Solo-Baric L5. Any yall recommend? I like cheaper prices.

I was also thinking of doing it myself. Im not to shabby with electronics. ( build robots, RC planes, PCBS and stuff) How hard is it to install? i know running wires from the batt to cab and finding mounting places takes time but its nothing you cant do in a weekend right? Do you have to drill into the truck to install? I know you have to find a ground but that the only damage to the truck you must do?

Last question. Will it hook up with the stock headunit and stuff like that. I heard that changing that can be a pain due to the SYNC system. I want to stay close to stock if I can so when i sell it i can remove the subs without some damaged/not working electronics

Thanks guys!

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Re: Lots of Questions and looking for some help.

Yes you can hook up to the stock deck. You need a loc 1. 12 or 15 can give you what you want if set up right. I don't personally like the square kicker subs. They sound a bit muddy if that makes sense Build a ported box. Set it in the seat area behind the driver. Port up sub up usually will be the loudest. Also it can be done with some guidance

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can only install it on the passenger side. My seat sits 3 people and divides into a 1 seat or a 2 seat. The 2 is on the driver side and one is on the passenger. I only wanna lose one seat. Is that bad to be on the passenger side?

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofan View Post
    I can only install it on the passenger side. My seat sits 3 people and divides into a 1 seat or a 2 seat. The 2 is on the driver side and one is on the passenger. I only wanna lose one seat. Is that bad to be on the passenger side?
    No it's fine there to if that's what you want

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would you recommend buying a ported box or building your own? Also, i do have a few audio shops around here, One is Kens audio and the other i cant remember. Would you recommend going to them for the install or doing it yourself.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also what subs do you like since dont like the L5's

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Build your own box as far as the shops that's up to you but I will cost you. If you are thinking about it go to them and see what type of equipment they sell and ask if they have a install portfolio if not walk away There are a few members/vendors here that can sell you everything even build your box if needed.

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Been looking at subs. What setup do yall recommend? For like 2 12's and amp?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

How much power you wanna run ? Do you have a budget. You'll also need the wires ie amp kit and loc or integration unit

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, im trying to stay under $400 total. I already got good speakers so just want some bass. Im wanting to use the stock battery so that may help narrow it down.

+ Reply to Thread