Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Please Help!! Installed my new system Car wont start.. Battery isnt dead!!

MerkConvoy501 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Icon8 Please Help!! Installed my new system Car wont start.. Battery isnt dead!!

Ok so yesterday i installed my sub and amplifier...So after everything is installed professionally i go to start my car and it makes a loud ugly cranking noise but it does start...Take note that ive had this car for Four years and not once has it made any noise remotely similar to this..So im bumpin all the way home to my car off and back on the same thing a bad noise but takes two times to start this time.. Get it started and drive over to my friends house to show off my new system and now my car wont turn over... All of my electronics,windows,lights etc... still work but car wont start...

So we look under the hood and it is sparking by the starter so im figuring it has something to do with the starter... Have yall heard of the draw from a amp making a starter go bad all of sudden..

Heres some of the components of the system

Car-97 Honda Accord

System-Kicker ZX750.1, 2-12" Kenwood XW12's,4 gauge stinger power wire...

Please any info that can lead me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated..

Thank You,
    Mark

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Re: Please Help!! Installed my new system Car wont start.. Battery isnt dead!!

No idea's anyone??

tommydh is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

I wouldnt think that amount of power would be an issue. I would check all connections grounds and battery. It sounds like something may have fallen down and gotten wedged there but I havent heard of this before as being an amplifier caused issue.

Pioneer DEH 80 PRS
    1 Sundown SD-2 10,
    Kicker SS56.2 components.(Soon to be changed out) Anyone with a set of these or maybe a single mid I'm looking
    Rockford Fosgate T-1000.1bd
    Pioneer GM6400f

I am DH Audio.,
    This isn't baseball I'm the original DH Richard Ctranium

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

If installed at a shop take it back there and tell them the issue. Its ot common but a tool or material has been left in more than one engine over the years. Thhat would be one thing to look for. Ive done numerous Honda installs and never had an issue with starter after completing

Pioneer DEH 80 PRS
    1 Sundown SD-2 10,
    Kicker SS56.2 components.(Soon to be changed out) Anyone with a set of these or maybe a single mid I'm looking
    Pioneer GM6400f

I am DH Audio.,

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Well i work for the shop as a sales guy the installers did they install.. The reason im thinking it has something to do with the install because it started the bad noise the first time i cranked the car up after the install.. I mean ive had the car for 4 years and have not had one mechanical problem out of it.. I understand mechanical stuff will happen but what is the chance of the first time i crank my car up after installing the amp it starts this problem but it not be because of the amp install ... But im going to get a volt reader out and check voltage to the starter...

One other note i did disconnect the amp all the way and tried to start w/o amp installed and it did the same thing...

I do appreciate any and all input

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

And any connections you would point to check??.. Its look as if its the wire coming from the battery to the starter that is sparking..

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MerkConvoy501 View Post
    And any connections you would point to check??.. Its look as if its the wire coming from the battery to the starter that is sparking..
    I would start with the wire that is sparking. Not to be condescending but if the front tire is flat you dont check the rear, so if you see sparks from a wire start there. Very easily it could have gootten pulled on knicked worked itself loose. Ask the guy in the back if he is missing any tools. But I think its a loose or damaged wire should be easy fix.

Pioneer DEH 80 PRS
    1 Sundown SD-2 10,
    Pioneer GM6400f

I am DH Audio.,

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

My installers seem to think its my starter grinding my flywheel... I think its connection to the starter.. My starter is not clicking..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

What do yall think about a bad ignition starter switch??

DukeNut is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MerkConvoy501 View Post
    What do yall think about a bad ignition starter switch??
    I don't think its the starter switch. Since the wire sparking is the going from the battery to the starter and I assume the battery wires were handled (adding fuse etc) during the install it sounds like a loose connection not allowing full juice to the starter to engage it and spin it fast enough so its causing a grinding sound.

Refs:
    jshak07, photocrazy8, DARKHART, dadon, enzowho

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1172 Post(s)

if the connection to the starter is loose it would spark and make noises when starting because it didn't have enough juice.

disconnect the battery, get to the starter connection and make sure it is solid.

starters fail. it's a 1997. odd coincidence it's after the install. but the install would have no effect on the starter. but running wire into the engine bay could have resulted in the wire being knocked loose.

where did they go through the firewall? did they drill?

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Sorry for the late reply... I got it figured out and my car is up and running.. A bolt that holds the started in place came loose.. I think it was just coincidence that it came loose after the install.. I appreciate all the input

Closed Thread