Closed Thread

Reload Thread: looking for some good advice/recomendations for an amp, and maybe diff subs

T_D_H is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 looking for some good advice/recomendations for an amp, and maybe diff subs

looking to grab a pair of either these

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-9260-sa...subwoofer.aspx

or these

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-9576-sa...subwoofer.aspx

haven't really decided as I don't have the space I used to have for two 12's AND a 15 so I am just going to be running a pair only.

I really enjoy loud bass, I know I should be going for quality but damned if I'm still not hooked on SPL. I will be building a custom box once I've picked out the subs, but seeing as they are equal in power demands basically I was looking for some amp advice around the 1000 watt rms range. I wish I could say money is no object, but it always is :P I haven't bought my own amp in 7 years and I paid almost $800 for a 800watt RMS amp back then, so I can probably handle all these new cheap amps haha just looking for realistic output, not some 4k watt amp for $100 that puts out 100 watts RMS if its lucky

trunk space isn't an issue, alternator might be, but then again when isn't one haha deal with that problem when I get to it... no reason it cant be turned down until a new one is put in

if some one can recommend equal subwoofers cheaper feel free to chime in, I just see a fair bit of respectable people using sundown and feel they wont let me down, but like I said I am always open for suggestions!

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: looking for some good advice/recomendations for an amp, and maybe diff subs

First off how much room do you have and some kind of budget would be helpful? 2 15's is pretty difficult in a lot of trunks.

calebkhill is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Post in the wanting to buy. Sure you could get a good zapco or something else @1k for a decent price.
    @mylows;

"When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"

winkychevelle is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Either one is fine just don't run 12s and 15s in the same car at the same time. It can cause phase and cancelation issues. 2 12s in a proper box should get plenty loud enough and sound good doing it

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

What car? do u have room for the 15s in a proper ported box..and 1000rms is about half what u need to get those things movin .they r severely underrated

6. Likes DoesDad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

crescedo or audiopipe amp
    both good brands

Closed Thread