+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: New System Build, Advice, tips, experienced advice?

eazyly is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 New System Build, Advice, tips, experienced advice?

Got my new 2013 CRZ EX 7 speaker yesterday and the sound system is mighty subpar.

So i have an Alpine 12" Type X 1243-D along with a Alpine PDX 1.1000 Amp to power it.

for front components planning on Image Dynamics CTX-6.5cs (CTX 65 CS) 6.5" CTX Component Speakers Image Dynamic CTX's

& for an amp to power that along with the stock rears is the Precision Power PPI P900.4 (p9004) 4-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier

Head Unit still not picked yet,
    Probably Single DIN, Double if i can get a good deal, Under 160.
    Needs
    • USB/Direct Ipod Connectivity/Control
    • AUX
    • 3 Pre Amp Outs
    • Preferably Pandora, + some kind of App Control
    • Bluetooth? Car already has incorporated Bluetooth would changing head unit mess with this?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated : )

NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: New System Build, Advice, tips, experienced advice?

Just get a DEH-80PRS single din & be done with it - It has everything you're looking for + more... Better SQ & a whole lot of adjust-ability @ your fingertips

- Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Pioneer?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NIHL8ION View Post
    Just get a DEH-80PRS single din & be done with it - It has everything you're looking for + more... Better SQ & a whole lot of adjust-ability @ your fingertips
    that one goes for like 350 ... way too expensive :[ looking for one under 160 hopefully. it looks nice though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eazyly View Post
    that one goes for like 350 ... way too expensive :[ looking for one under 160 hopefully. it looks nice though!
    LOL NO it doesn't... Where are you shopping??? Maybe from a so called "Stereo Shop" I could see charging that price... You can get this deck BNIB online for about $240 shipped... TRUST me when I say that it is WELL WORTH spending the extra $80 from your proposed $160 budget, you get soooo much more for your $$$

*Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL NO it doesn't... Where are you shopping??? Maybe from a so called "Stereo Shop" I could see charging that price... You can get this deck BNIB online for about $240 shipped... TRUST me when I say that it is WELL WORTH spending the extra $80 from your proposed $160 budget, you get soooo much more for your $$$
    yeah its nice, this kenwood be looking mighty fine too though! + more features for cheaper. Kenwood DPX500BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

anyways NIHL what do you think of my speaker amp config?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

haha still, this kenwood has more features and i can get for 158 ! In-Dash Double DIN CD/MP3/WMA Car Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth, Pandora Support & iPod Integration

cfox10 is offline Rock the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

haha still, this kenwood has more features and i can get for 158 ! In-Dash Double DIN CD/MP3/WMA Car Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth, Pandora Support & iPod Integration
    More features?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

More features - umm no... It only has a 3 band EQ, the Pioneer has independent L/R 16 band EQ, plus that only has 2.5v pre outs, where the Pioneer has 5v, and it does everything that HU does... Who cares though, if you like it - Buy it, not a bad price I just thought I'd offer my input cuz I've had a LOT of different HU's over the past 15 years and the 80PRS is by far one of the best I've ever owned & had the pleasure of listening to daily hands down... Your speaker / amp setup looks pretty solid, should sound pretty good

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

More features - umm no... It only has a 3 band EQ, the Pioneer has independent L/R 16 band EQ, plus that only has 2.5v pre outs, where the Pioneer has 5v, and it does everything that HU does... Who cares though, if you like it - Buy it, not a bad price I just thought I'd offer my input cuz I've had a LOT of different HU's over the past 15 years and the 80PRS is by far one of the best I've ever owned & had the pleasure of listening to daily hands down... Your speaker / amp setup looks solid, should sound pretty good

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More features - umm no... It only has a 3 band EQ, the Pioneer has independent L/R 16 band EQ, plus that only has 2.5v pre outs, where the Pioneer has 5v, and it does everything that HU does... Who cares though, if you like it - Buy it, not a bad price I just thought I'd offer my input cuz I've had a LOT of different HU's over the past 15 years and the 80PRS is by far one of the best I've ever owned & had the pleasure of listening to daily hands down... Your speaker / amp setup looks solid, should sound pretty good
    yeah i looked more into it, what does the voltage on the preouts affect? yeah i like the way the kenwood looks though, and wondering how much sq would it actually really sacrifice compared to like the pioneer or the alpine yknow?

the tuneit feature alpine is offering is really enticing though Alpine CDE-147BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

yeah i looked more into it, what does the voltage on the preouts affect? yeah i like the way the kenwood looks though, and wondering how much sq would it actually really sacrifice compared to like the pioneer or the alpine yknow?

the tuneit feature alpine is offering is really enticing though Alpine CDE-147BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com
    With only a 3 band EQ & 2.5v pre outs - a LOT of SQ is sacrificed in comparison, The voltage level of the pre-amp output makes a difference in the output signal of the HU, the higher the voltage = the better the signal output to your amps

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

that kenwood looks pretty but thats as far as it goes. the 80prs is a beast and is in an entirely different class from that gaudy double din.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With only a 3 band EQ & 2.5v pre outs - a LOT of SQ is sacrificed in comparison, The voltage level of the pre-amp output makes a difference in the output signal of the HU, the higher the voltage = the better the signal output to your amps
    JVC KW-R900BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com alright so this jvc? it has 5V preamp voltage. sorry, trying to find an aesthetically pleasing head unit besides being good quality. im sure the 80prs is great, i like the look of double dins along with bigger buttons too though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

JVC KW-R900BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com alright so this jvc? it has 5V preamp voltage. sorry, trying to find an aesthetically pleasing head unit besides being good quality. im sure the 80prs is great, i like the look of double dins along with bigger buttons too though.
    Well that is a better HU than the kenwood you listed, but it also comes at a price... Still not as good SQ wise as the 80prs and about the same price... For your average enthusiast I'm sure it would do just fine... I don't think there is a double din out there that compares to the 80prs, so 5 band EQ & 5v pre outs is probably the best you are going to find no matter where you look unless you spend a lot more... But yes, That JVC looks to be a better HU than the Kenwood to answer your question & I've had good luck with JVC HU's in the past as well as now, I just installed a single din JVC in my Father's Tahoe & it sounds / works pretty well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast