Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Re: Exodus going out of business

I keep getting the untrusted site message when I go to check out. Anyone else seeing this?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    I keep getting the untrusted site message when I go to check out. Anyone else seeing this?
    Yep, word is the cert ran out and he didn't want to renew because he was going out of business. I ordered twice without https, nothing happened to me yet. Just hit continue.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Yep, word is the cert ran out and he didn't want to renew because he was going out of business. I ordered twice without https, nothing happened to me yet. Just hit continue.
    Awesome, thank you. I'd like to get another pair, lol.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Awesome, thank you. I'd like to get another pair, lol.
    You got it bro. I can't believe these drivers didn't catch on more.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

If anyone bought some but doesn't know what to do with them, and don't mind getting creative: Reed Exodus Anarchy 25hz Tapped Horn

Agoonygoblin is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    DIYCable.com : Intro Home

Looks like they're closing up shop. "Going out of business sale" doesn't seem to discount Anarchy mids, but IMO they're a steal at the 90$ price tag. I just ordered a pair, if you've been considering a pair, now may be the time to grab them while they're still available.
    Clear your pms

Honda Civic Si 2008
    K20Z3 2.0L
    -SHCA 1/0
    -CDT 6.5 comp set/6.5 coaxial custom CF set
    -B2 audio XC 18
    -Custom Built Box
    -Pioneer AVH P8400
    -2 Deka 8a31 Batteries
    Bought From : sojiaraggs9000, Silverado SS, Boomsday, double 07, cthedinger, Madman11, Hispls, 72impala,BKNIGHT,Mylows10

Agoonygoblin is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    DIYCable.com : Intro Home

Looks like they're closing up shop. "Going out of business sale" doesn't seem to discount Anarchy mids, but IMO they're a steal at the 90$ price tag. I just ordered a pair, if you've been considering a pair, now may be the time to grab them while they're still available.
    Clear your pms...

Honda Civic Si 2008
    K20Z3 2.0L
    -SHCA 1/0
    -CDT 6.5 comp set/6.5 coaxial custom CF set
    -B2 audio XC 18
    -Custom Built Box
    -Pioneer AVH P8400
    -2 Deka 8a31 Batteries
    Bought From : sojiaraggs9000, Silverado SS, Boomsday, double 07, cthedinger, Madman11, Hispls, 72impala,BKNIGHT,Mylows10

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Back up to normal price.

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2020 Post(s)

I got it too. I've ordered from them before with no trouble, I'm not worried and nobody has compromised my credit card....yet.

If anyone bought some but doesn't know what to do with them, and don't mind getting creative: Reed Exodus Anarchy 25hz Tapped Horn
    Bookmarked this!

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonygoblin View Post
    Clear your pms
    Done..... you have my phone # too right?
    Back up to normal price.

10. Likes gckless liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Got a pair. Thanks for the input, fellas.

12. Likes martiandancer31 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Just recieved my second pair through Fedex, look good.

Jroo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

This is a driver I wish some company was smart enought to buy the design and continue. It is way too nice of a driver to see go bye bye. Buy the design and make a 4 ohm version, I cant see some company not selling a ton of these. Maybe make a smaller version so it can fit in more places/doors. I know, wishfull thinking!

I am waiting to buy some. I was hoping as he really gets to the end, he will really start to blow them out price wise.

3 Kings is offline Supporting Vendor 3 Kings is a Supporting Member of the forum!

3 Kings is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Sad, don't like seeing anyone going out of business

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

I'm sure it won't be the last XBL^2 midbass driver to exist. They come and go, just have to wait for the next.

I was thinking Jacob/Sundown had one in the works at one time... or was that a dream? lol

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2020 Post(s)

I'm sure it won't be the last XBL^2 midbass driver to exist. They come and go, just have to wait for the next.

I was thinking Jacob/Sundown had one in the works at one time... or was that a dream? lol
    Jacob has a nice component set in prototype stage, but I can't recall if it is XBL^2 and AFAIK the price point was going to be premium.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast