Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Reconing my 1st sub

So i just wanted to make sure i got the right shit i have GOOF OFF for removing old glue, then i have GOOP, SEAL ALL and KRAZY/(CA) GLUE....

Sub is a sa 8

For the spider i was going to use the CA glue and the GOOP for the surround, it has a foam surround so will this work? The guy at the store said i wanted spray glue for the foam but i read somewhere or some shit GOOP is ok for foam surrounds?

@SPLaudio ;
    @ anyone else also

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5144 Post(s)

Re: Reconing my 1st sub

use ca glue for the whole thing , also a drill and wire wheel to remove the old glue,spider left overs , and surround left overs ,after you cut the old cone out

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

3. Likes Loudmp5 liked this post
    Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    use ca glue for the whole thing , also a drill and wire wheel to remove the old glue,spider left overs , and surround left overs ,after you cut the old cone out
    Thanks man we'll see how she turns out...... Finally getting all 4 8s in man i been hella busy and even more broke lol im stoked... went to go pull old box out and seen i broke one lol

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

[IMG][/IMG]

this is what i got done last night it is on the large side, well above large but i wanted to experiment. Whats everyone think of 4 sa 8s in 4 cubes tuned to 38hz on that saz1500 u sold me @mylows10 ;

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5144 Post(s)

i'd have tuned it lower

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

macsdad is offline boom-boom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)

hey, i thought all you did was try to sell stuff...lmfao. Hey, jim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5144 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macsdad View Post
    hey, i thought all you did was try to sell stuff...lmfao. Hey, jim.
    thats because they only see what they want to see

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

dremel with sanding wheel works good on the smaller subs, ca glue for the whole thing like he said

Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's

Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

i'd have tuned it lower
    I still might but when i was cutting i changed my mind and fucked up some wood and dont want to buy a whole nother sheet so ima see when i get home i might have enough to make the port a lil longer.... maybe get me down to 34 or 35 ish.... we'll see. The box now for the 2 8s is tuned to 28 just cause a friend of mine said they couldn't get low

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhsdriller View Post
    dremel with sanding wheel works good on the smaller subs, ca glue for the whole thing like he said
    Some mofo jacked me for my dremel... You can loan me yours...

macsdad is offline boom-boom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)

I know, jim. op, this guy is legit, has helped a lot of us on a lot of different stuff. Won't steer you wrong, I trust him.

13. Likes Loudmp5 liked this post
    Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)

post pics of proress and everything as well

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

also, what KRAZY glue is CA glue?

welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

15. Likes Loudmp5 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macsdad View Post
    I know, jim. op, this guy is legit, has helped a lot of us on a lot of different stuff. Won't steer you wrong, I trust him.
    Ya he has helped me out as well, He is cool

THANKS JIM

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider4eva View Post
    post pics of proress and everything as well

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

also, what KRAZY glue is CA glue?
    IDFK LOL guy at hardware store said lots of diff glues are ca glue, its cause the active ingredient is wtf ever ca stands for cant spell it lol

GOOGLE owns me lol Cyanoacrylate

Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmp5 View Post
    IDFK LOL guy at hardware store said lots of diff glues are ca glue, its cause the active ingredient is wtf ever ca stands for cant spell it lol

GOOGLE owns me lol Cyanoacrylate
    ahh. wow, learn something every day... i thought CA stood for Caraudio Glue. like it was trade marked and owned to where ingredients were hidden. Well facepalm for me today.

welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast