Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: what should i buy?

bigk1121 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what should i buy?

so im kinda new to car audio an i was wanting to get a system in my car an i dont want to pay alot to get it hooked up by a pro so ive been doing research, an i thank i can hook them up Farley ease.

i am on a budget at about $300. from what i know i was planing on buying 2 12" subs an a amp an a amp kit (i dont need a box i can build one if the subs dont come with one). here are the subs i was thanking on buying (go to amazon an past this : Pair of (2) Kenwood Kfc-w3013ps 12" 4 Ohm Performance Series Car Subwoofer with 2400 Watt Peak / 800 Watt RMS ) but idk what amp too get i was looking an i cant find a 4 Ohm amp that has 2 channel that has 800 RMS.
    or should i but the amp combo with thos speakers?

should i buy thees an try to find an amp or do you guys have any suggestions?

2. Dislikes brandonkain82 disliked this post

Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: what should i buy?

Quote Originally Posted by bigk1121 View Post
    so im kinda new to car audio an i was wanting to get a system in my car an i dont want to pay alot to get it hooked up by a pro so ive been doing research, an i thank i can hook them up Farley ease.

i am on a budget at about $300. from what i know i was planing on buying 2 12" subs an a amp an a amp kit (i dont need a box i can build one if the subs dont come with one). here are the subs i was thanking on buying (go to amazon an past this : Pair of (2) Kenwood Kfc-w3013ps 12" 4 Ohm Performance Series Car Subwoofer with 2400 Watt Peak / 800 Watt RMS ) but idk what amp too get i was looking an i cant find a 4 Ohm amp that has 2 channel that has 800 RMS.
    or should i but the amp combo with thos speakers?

should i buy thees an try to find an amp or do you guys have any suggestions?
    Does this budget include a head unit, wiring, subs, box materials, amp(s), and speakers? Also, are you positive you could properly design/build an enclosure with your own skill and knowledge? That's one of the biggest parts of the install, so it's not something you want to cut corners on.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

every thang excaped box muterials i could probly go over about $30-$50. an idk how i would instal a head. could i get away without installing that?

Rhythm is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Full Tilt View Post
    Does this budget include a head unit, wiring, subs, box materials, amp(s), and speakers? Also, are you positive you could properly design/build an enclosure with your own skill and knowledge? That's one of the biggest parts of the install, so it's not something you want to cut corners on.
    I see what you did there...

6. Likes Loudmp5, Full Tilt liked this post
    Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
    I see what you did there...

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well scene you said that idk. i have enuf skill to make a perfect circles an ports. but i could just buy one.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well i dident realize it took so much stuff i was thanking i just buy some subs an a amp. so lets just make it a lowest we can get it with out being cheap junk stuff. but i dont want like the top of the line stuff(at least not for my first system). like i said im new to this so it would be cool if some one could point me in to the right dirction at least. i just want to talk to some one who knows somthing befor i buy all the stuff
    what if i cot somthing like this? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FA12TA-F1.html
    and somthing like this? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...l-XML8100.html
    Last edited by bigk1121; 05-10-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok well i guess ill just buy some randome **** that i thank looks good an probley **** up an waste my money w/e

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)

ok first off you need to rethink what you want ,2 12's is ok and an amp ,but your looking at junk, utter garbage there is some decent stuff to get ,but if you want to spend only $300 your not gonna get much , might wanna look at 1 sub and an amp to power it ,also you'll need an amp kit /wires ,a deck ,dash kit ,harness and a box design if your gonna build one .you need to up your budget some to get everything .

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

12. Likes Loudmp5, brandonkain82 liked this post
    brandonkain82 is offline your mom goes to college

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    ok first off you need to rethink what you want ,2 12's is ok and an amp ,but your looking at junk, utter garbage there is some decent stuff to get ,but if you want to spend only $300 your not gonna get much , might wanna look at 1 sub and an amp to power it ,also you'll need an amp kit /wires ,a deck ,dash kit ,harness and a box design if your gonna build one .you need to up your budget some to get everything .
    Honestly I couldn't agree with u more. Why do all these people come on here and wanna spend nothing to get something. Keep saving your money dude. It not worth it ti buy junk. Save save save. What's the rush. This isn't a race. Maybe by next summer u could have a nasty set up. I've been saving for months now to get the stuff I really want. Dont by garbadge.
    Last edited by brandonkain82; 05-11-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: cant spell

2 smd fifteens on 2 b2 m1s. 8 crossfire mids and 4 aq tweets on 3 b2 qautros. 270 mechman. 10 c and d batts. Busting windshields like its my job.

14. Thanks Loudmp5 thanked for this post
    Likes Loudmp5 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what would be a low budget build? with decent stuff? i just based it off of 300$ cuz thats what ima about to have when i sell my school pc and i was looking online an i saw 2 subs an a am for about 300 i dident know i needed all that other stuff like i said im new to this. im open to learn. i was thanking a bout the mtx terminators with a dif amp. would that be a good choice?
    like you said save im getting a job so ill have a bit more money soon i was just trying to plan ahead.

16. Likes brandonkain82 liked this post
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)

leave the terminators alone ,junk .if you really need a budget build but used off the forum here ,there are some good deals here on decent to good equipment

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

DDtC is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

How about you take your $300 and get some help learning the English language.

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

19. Dislikes bigk1121 disliked this post
    brandonkain82 is offline your mom goes to college

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    Ohhhhhh snap

2 smd fifteens on 2 b2 m1s. 8 crossfire mids and 4 aq tweets on 3 b2 qautros. 270 mechman. 10 c and d batts. Busting windshields like its my job.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    well actuley im paying $60,000 to go to collage for 2 years right now so why dont you stfu

any way what would be about the base line price for a system with 2 12in subs
    Last edited by bigk1121; 05-11-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast