Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Anyone have experience with a system in a ford ranger?

insanecrazydude is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have experience with a system in a ford ranger?

I originally had a 12 inch rf hx2 put in but it won't fit correctly with the box i need cause the magent is 2 deep.

and i'm planning on getting a couple 10's now i jus don't know what for sure BUT i have a fairly powerful amp a rf 601 s that actually pushes 722 continuosly and would like 2 put it 2 good use

A local car audio shop sugguested a couple 10 inch rf phase 2's ....... does that sound good...... any more sugguestions?

Also......... i have a sliding back glass window and its jus really rigid and rattles like hell with the bass and it really ruins the sound for me.......... anyone have any suguesstions with getting it 2 stop doing that?

Spencerklk is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Anyone have experience with a system in a ford ranger?

I actually have a question similar to this so im posting it here. First though let me say Hi i just joined caraudio.com. Anyway I have a 2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab 2 door. I'm looking into putting in a basic system somewhere around $200-300 all together. I have the fold down seats in the back and would like to be able to keep space for one or both back passengers, there is a hump in the floor that one of my friends said he could custom design a box for me that would fit over it but I dont think that would leave alot of leg room. Any suggestions would be helpful. Along with some type of subwoofer/amp suggetions would be appreciated, I don't know anything about them and would like to find the best deal for my money. Finally I to have a sliding back window and would like to cut down any possible vibrations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I take it its a regular cab, if so my buddy had some RF's in his and they fit good. For the window I would try some foam weather striping to stop the rattling.

insanecrazydude is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGuy
    I take it its a regular cab, if so my buddy had some RF's in his and they fit good. For the window I would try some foam weather striping to stop the rattling.
    thanks....... yea my bad it is regular cab........ his subs were 10's though right? what model?

foam weather stripping...... i'll try that

LostCause is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Take a look at this guy's ranger...he has 1 12" sub, one sub amp, and one four channel amp all behind his seats...unless you have a place to stick all your amps I would expect to lose some legroom trying to fit 2 10's, especially if you want to provide the subs with their recommended enclosure size...1 12" that pounds like hell might be enough...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k3edge

- Lost Cause

LostCause is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerklk
    I actually have a question similar to this so im posting it here. First though let me say Hi i just joined caraudio.com. Anyway I have a 2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab 2 door. I'm looking into putting in a basic system somewhere around $200-300 all together. I have the fold down seats in the back and would like to be able to keep space for one or both back passengers, there is a hump in the floor that one of my friends said he could custom design a box for me that would fit over it but I dont think that would leave alot of leg room. Any suggestions would be helpful. Along with some type of subwoofer/amp suggetions would be appreciated, I don't know anything about them and would like to find the best deal for my money. Finally I to have a sliding back window and would like to cut down any possible vibrations.
    A box kind of like this?

That box is for a 15" sub but even with a 12" sub I wouldn't expect the ride back there in those jumpseats to be any comfortable at all...if you are trying to spare your passengers some comfort than I would build a box solely behind the driver so at least one jump seat is free...

You could also buy a Basslink sub from infinity...it may not be the biggest pounding sub ever, but with only $300 to work with it should do...You'll lose a little legroom but at least it will be bareable...

- Lost Cause

Closed Thread