Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

will 2 CVR 10's 102 sound good with Soundstream RUB 1000.1 D

I know this should be posted in amp classified, but I always get more answers in this one. subs are 4 coils, dual 2 ohm...says 800x1 at 2 ohms.subs are 400RMS 800max. I don't know if I should go off the RMS or PEAK? so I hope this amp works well, currently running them on an amps at 500wattsx1 so 250 watts a sub and it doesn't hit hard at all!

2. Dislikes nismos14 disliked this post

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    675 Post(s)

Re: will 2 CVR 10's 102 sound good with Soundstream RUB 1000.1 D

Never go off max watts. Always off the rms. That amp should be a pretty good improvement over the other one. What kind of enclosure are you using? Sealed, ported? Size?

resonate is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)

1. I'm sorry, but how in any way, shape or form, belong in the classifieds? As far as I could tell, nothing was being sold or sought after.

2. What do you mean the sub is '4 coil dual 2'? I have no idea what that means.

3. You always, always look at the RMS number. That's the power that your amp will continually put out to your subs. Max is usually a wild number thrown out there to make amps seem more powerful than they really are.

4. There are multiple reasons your installation isn't performing to your expectations. You may have something wired incorrectly, for example. You may be running a higher impedance than you want to. What impedance are you running them at? Are they wired in series or parallel? What's your amplifier rated at on your impedance?

You could also have an improper enclosure for your subwoofers. Do you know any sort of specs on your box? Is it pre-fab or custom made? Ported/sealed? Where is it tuned at?

To be brutally honest, the equipment you're running isn't exactly top-of-the-line stuff, either. You'll be steered away from both Kicker and Soundstream on this forum, so if you can manage to scrape up some extra money, come to us about purchasing some new gear.

And a heads-up: even if you have your equipment wired correctly, you're only giving your subwoofers about half the power they can take. So they're not going to reach their full potential. Have you set your gain correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

5. Thanks macsdad thanked for this post
    resonate is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)

Okay, I checked into your amplifier. You're running, from my understanding, 2 DVC2 subwoofers, which will leave you at either .5 ohms, 2 ohms, or 8 ohms. Considering you're talking about an output of 800x1, my guess is that you went with 2 ohms. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, you'll be hooking up your subs in parallel/series. This way you'll be able to cut the impedance in half (to 1) and then double it with series (bringing it back to 2 ohms). I'll be honest, this amplifier probably won't actually put out that kind of power. It's not much, but a lot of these small companies stretch the truth on what their amplifier can put out cleanly. To be honest, considering how much you'll be clipping even if you were to manage 800w out of this amp, I'd say this - don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

7. Likes macsdad liked this post
Closed Thread