Closed Thread

Reload Thread: *Improving with what I have (audison,hertz,Tru)

Go2Sleep is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon7 *Improving with what I have (audison,hertz,Tru)

So I'm trying to make the best use of the equipment that I have already purchased. Basically looking for suggestions from experienced members as to how they would setup/run this system (gearing towards SQL for daily use not extreme all out sq build).

Head unit: pioneer deh-x9500bhs
    Amplifier: Alpine F6... 150x4 @4ohms
    DSP: Audison Bit One
    Line Driver/conditioner: Tru technology SSLD6i
    Front stage: Hertz 165XL...
    2-way active... Mids in stock door location... Tweeters on axis mounted on a-pillars
    Rearfill: none
    Substage: TC sounds Axis

I have the pioneer running to bit one, out to the tru, out to the amps.
    Everything is set with a smd dd-1 starting with the headunit all the way through the system. One question is should I leave the tru line driver gains halfway (this is the max clean signal @full volume) or turn them all the way down (is this still beneficial?) I use this piece mainly for the fantastic line conditioner it is.

Doors and entire trunk are properly deadened with second skin deadened. Tweeters are in DIY pods from a tutorial I found on DIYMA

I only have one main issue that I can't seem to resolve which is 16khz floor noise (humm) that comes through all speakers mainly through the tweeters. I've ran everything as best I could away from power and grounds but still have this annoyance the second the amps and processor turn on.

Any suggestions mainly on tuning and gain matching are much appreciated please feel free to critique.

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * Hybrid Audio Legathia SE Front Stage * RF 360.3 DSP * Brax 2400 * JL Audio HD 1200/1 *

NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: *Improving with what I have (audison,hertz,Tru)

Is the line driver really needed? Looks like a bit to much going on to me.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCtC View Post
    Is the line driver really needed? Looks like a bit to much going on to me.
    Not necessarily but like I said I am using it mainly as a line conditioner. I can either turn the gains all the way down or remove it completely. Any thoughts?
    The system does sound "crisper" with it in there though due to the high quality internal components.

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * Hybrid Audio Legathia SE Front Stage * RF 360.3 DSP * Brax 2400 * JL Audio HD 1200/1 *

NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

It should sound crisp enough with only the bit one. What you're hearing could be a few thing but mostly grounds. Also if that pioneer has one of those pico fuses in it you could of popped it. Look up how to ground the RCAs on it. There are a ton of threads

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCtC View Post
    It should sound crisp enough with only the bit one. What you're hearing could be a few thing but mostly grounds. Also if that pioneer has one of those pico fuses in it you could of popped it. Look up how to ground the RCAs on it. There are a ton of threads
    I went ahead and removed the the tru line driver and in turn had to increase the amp gains slightly. the sound is still present (similar to a computer fan). All grounds are in great places its just something I've never been able to get rid of.

The headunit is brand new no issues I just put it in 3 days ago. The alpine 9887 I took out made no difference.

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

sometimes keeping the amp gain at a minimum is preferred, in which case a line driver can help.

evaluate your own system and what you need to control noise. each system is unique. do whatever works.

the noise is probably just the amplifier. it uses digital circuits and a switching power supply - you are probably hearing artifacts from the switching frequency (half of the switching frequency).

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Closed Thread