Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Active setup

I MIGHT be wanting to do a 2 way active setup, first off should i run one amp for mids and one for highs or run one amp for front mids and front tweets and other for rear?

Is my xtant 4004 okay for my mids?

If so i need a recomendation for an amp to run my tweets only looking for like 50 rmsx4

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Re: Active setup

fuckin chumps cmon

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Take a look at MB Quart REF4.50. These are small and somewhat underrated (the REF4.80 realistically did over 4x100watts at 4ohm). This was a nice line of amplifiers, but I think they were discontinued. Sonicelectronix is selling REF4.50 for just $90. Another amplifier you may want to consider is an Alpine F300. These are small Class D amplifiers. Alpine MRX/MRP are also somewhat underrated(maybe by 20%). I believe they're being replaced by the MRX-F35, and a lot of vendors are still selling those F300s, for something like $150 a pop. Both REF4 and MRP-F300 have a very clean, low noise, low distortion signal. If you're going to drive the amplifier hard, the MRP-F300 could be better. My REF4.80 powering my active front speakers gets really hot during summer.

Fi-brations is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

your running rears, why?

Im using my xtant 4180c on my 2 way active setup right now, i plan on bridging it to the mids and using the 2100b on the highs, but i need a place to put a third amp, my xtant amps are from the days before mtx bought them out though, if im correct yours is a newer model and unfortunately is basically an mtx amp

04' Maxima Build
    Coming Soon

Xtant 4180c, 2100b For Sale
    Alpine MRV-1507 For Sale
    Business with: davidtemple(x2), infamous_e46, Bettrn'Reverse, splaudio, TaylorFade, Tallc, Louisiana_Crx, RidnClean, b.mena, Mike Burke, Gameovercca, Ram_Designs, Double 07

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

i run rear cause i always have company and were always going somewhere, Also how i positioned my rear tweets it adds a good feel all the way to the front.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Also my main question is about useing the amps? 1 for tweets 1 for mids or 1 for front and one for rear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmp5 View Post
    i run rear cause i always have company and were always going somewhere, Also how i positioned my rear tweets it adds a good feel all the way to the front.
    Im not sure if you can run a 2 way active front and a passive rear off a normal hu, how are u going to accomplish this? You wont be able to take advantage of using T/A on an active setup which is really cool

and for amps, well the mids are going to need more power than the highs, right now everything in mine is off 45w x 4 and the mids definitely need more power, the tweets are set at -5 db usually and there isnt much midbass

04' Maxima Build
    Coming Soon

Alpine MRV-1507 For Sale
    Business with: davidtemple(x2), infamous_e46, Bettrn'Reverse, splaudio, TaylorFade, Tallc, Louisiana_Crx, RidnClean, b.mena, Mike Burke, Gameovercca, Ram_Designs, Double 07

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fi-brations View Post
    Im not sure if you can run a 2 way active front and a passive rear off a normal hu, how are u going to accomplish this? You wont be able to take advantage of using T/A on an active setup which is really cool
    I dont want to do that lol i want front and rear active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

I dont want to do that lol i want front and rear active.
    well you do know you need a channel per speaker and i suppose you could use a y-splitter to combine the rcas from 4 sets to two, but that means you could only set one setting for all 4 highs and one setting for all 4 mids. Honestly i think you and your guests would be completely happy with a decently powered 2 way active front stage. Just send say 50-75w to your highs and 100-150 to your mids and seriously doubt the people in the back will complain about the music not being loud enough

What hu are you using? do you know if it active capable? you could get an external active xover if you want to have complete control over front and rear speakers

04' Maxima Build
    Coming Soon

Alpine MRV-1507 For Sale

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

I was going to use y splitter thingy bobs lol i have a avh dvd2400 or some **** like that its pioneers 2012 dvd unit but not the 7 inch one i cant remember exactly right now

calebkhill is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)

I was going to use y splitter thingy bobs lol i have a avh dvd2400 or some **** like that its pioneers 2012 dvd unit but not the 7 inch one i cant remember exactly right now
    Hey. Get rid of your rear fill.
    But if your dead set, use one amp for mids one for highs.
    Just to let you know, your music could sound10 times better if you'd listen and get rid of your rear speakers. Do some research.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calebkhill View Post
    Hey. Get rid of your rear fill.
    But if your dead set, use one amp for mids one for highs.
    Just to let you know, your music could sound10 times better if you'd listen and get rid of your rear speakers. Do some research.
    Idk how my music can sound better getting rid of my rear fill especially if i go active front and rear and i can also get a full active hu, anyways thats not what i am wanting to know. But you did answer my q lol ty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)

Idk how my music can sound better getting rid of my rear fill especially if i go active front and rear and i can also get a full active hu, anyways thats not what i am wanting to know. But you did answer my q lol ty
    I feel ya. The problem with rear fill is that sound from speakers in the back travel to the front and visa versa, and cause a type of distortion called phase interference. I used to have rear fill but when I decided to let it go I realized what everyone was talking about. It can sound loud and decent but you won't have the clarity you are missing out on.

Read this article, I always recommend it.
    GlassWolf's Pages

But hey, everything is personal preference so do what you really want to do.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

Hey that was a good article, i have already installed tweets in my c pillars lol so i cant get rid of my rear fill lol, but if i did not cut up my c pillar i prob would have gone this way lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)

Hey that was a good article, i have already installed tweets in my c pillars lol so i cant get rid of my rear fill lol, but if i did not cut up my c pillar i prob would have gone this way lol
    you could attenuate them from your front stage.

Got picsof your c pillars?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast