Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Ideas for rear deck "blow through" cover

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Ideas for rear deck "blow through" cover

Well a couple years ago I thought it was a brilliant idea to cut a 10"x24" hole in my rear deck panel to acompany the 10"x 30" hole in my rear deck metal. I've made a carpeted grillish type panel to cover said hole and i've also recapeted the whole thing in one pcs. The color of the "grill" carpet I made didn't match my int color and the whole recarpet ended up sagging. I'm just way to **** to put up with that. This last summer I raped a parts car and got tons of **** including a new unmolested rear deck which I plan to keep that way.

Anyways, the old deck had god know how much spray adhesive on it. I was planning on recarpeting it with an acceptable color but thought I'd try seeing what I could do to save it w/o spending any money. Turns out "Tuff Stuff" carpet cleaner removes adhesive..:clap2:Now I just have to come up with a good looking nuetral type of grill that isn't carpet based. I'm thinking something along the lines of a thick/sturdy wire mesh of sorts conformed to the holes diameter.

I need creative suggestions.

Before:

Present:

Last edited by Sleeklsc; 02-23-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

token1er is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Re: Ideas for rear deck "blow through" cover

go on....

Ca & Caco Refs: its_bacon12, acex3a, boilermaker-744, howyadoin, Ajax_6154, Pro-Rabbit, jr711, Starky, Ledoux289, AKHeathen, Dirtrider4eva, mast240, gumby688

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Dude just cut a piece of wood to go in there, bondo/fiberglass/woodglue it on, sand it down, carpet over it.

Or are you still running a blowthrough through there? If so, either just flare out the edges and leave it open or get whatever type of metal grill looks best to you. Your choice on whether you carpeted over that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

clean up the opening so it's uniform and roundover the top and do speakergrill cloth on the backside. If you don't need to use it then as mentioned fill in with a piece of wood and some kitty hair...

Closed Thread