Reload Thread: Insight to a wall?

Austin175 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Insight to a wall?

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    Then wait until you're in a position to do it right, like getting a 2nd car...
    So I take it you think or no it won't work in my vehicle then correct. Not every car is the same all I asked was about port placement not a how or should a wall work for dummies.

I'm tryin to use what space I have an what options I can do to get me the loudest setup with keeping all my seats. So right now I'm looking at a trade for 2 dc lvl 4 18s with psi recones to use what space I have better for the wall.

But you will prob say oh that won't work either.

Ref's- Bass14(smd),the rest on caco.com, ddbump, GearGuy2001,extremechevyman67,pieper88,
    southparkgucci,807tubenut,Oldbass38,Mythyone
    Zookporter17, White91Formula

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Austin175 View Post
    So I take it you think or no it won't work in my vehicle then correct. Not every car is the same all I asked was about port placement not a how or should a wall work for dummies.

I'm tryin to use what space I have an what options I can do to get me the loudest setup with keeping all my seats. So right now I'm looking at a trade for 2 dc lvl 4 18s with psi recones to use what space I have better for the wall.

But you will prob say oh that won't work either.
    I've built a few C pillar walls, yes they can work. I prefer center port but if doing 3 subs I'd to driver's side or top.

Have done a few 2 18's walls also, but never C pillar. Normally those set ups peak lower since you're not shrinking cabin as much.

Never said any of them wouldn't work, said perhaps your priorities right now shouldn't be a walled vehicle...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I've built a few C pillar walls, yes they can work. I prefer center port but if doing 3 subs I'd to driver's side or top.

Have done a few 2 18's walls also, but never C pillar. Normally those set ups peak lower since you're not shrinking cabin as much.

Never said any of them wouldn't work, said perhaps your priorities right now shouldn't be a walled vehicle...
    Alright my bad just to me sounded like you ment other wise lol well I'm still not sure I could try and squeeze the two 18s in the cargo subs up port back but I only have 40" W x 24" D x 18" T if I wanna stay under the window an I don believe that's enough space for them an sure not enough space for 3 15s so that's why I was looking at doin the wall unless I went with 12s.

Ref's- Bass14(smd),the rest on caco.com, ddbump, GearGuy2001,extremechevyman67,pieper88,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Alright my bad just to me sounded like you ment other wise lol well I'm still not sure I could try and squeeze the two 18s in the cargo subs up port back but I only have 40" W x 24" D x 18" T if I wanna stay under the window an I don believe that's enough space for them an sure not enough space for 3 15s so that's why I was looking at doin the wall unless I went with 12s.
    Why would you have to stay under windowline?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Why would you have to stay under windowline?
    For a class I run in Midwest spl comps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

For a class I run in Midwest spl comps.
    meh, I build for daily, don't worry about comps...

but you gotta do what you gotta do

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well it is more for my daily but every once in blue moon I'll go meet up with the guys for some fun lol. Speaking of which I decided to keep my 15s an picked up a pioneer deh-p880rs today with the iPod control box for $200.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Well it is more for my daily but every once in blue moon I'll go meet up with the guys for some fun lol. Speaking of which I decided to keep my 15s an picked up a pioneer deh-p880rs today with the iPod control box for $200.
    I saw your posts on caco about the 880. I've been running that HU for 4-5yrs now in 2 diff vehicles. iPod dock ***** though, lags bad so learn to make a lot of playlists.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I saw your posts on caco about the 880. I've been running that HU for 4-5yrs now in 2 diff vehicles. iPod dock ***** though, lags bad so learn to make a lot of playlists.
    Hmmm have you tried the iPod through the aux input? Playlist is wouldn't be to bad just make my decaf playlist an I'm good. Maybe I could get louder with 3 12s with those dimensions I have to work with or the only other option is the wall?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Hmmm have you tried the iPod through the aux input? Playlist is wouldn't be to bad just make my decaf playlist an I'm good. Maybe I could get louder with 3 12s with those dimensions I have to work with or the only other option is the wall?
    Pretty sure the sound quality is much better using the dock, never tried the aux. Decaf music = meh, have about 10-12 of his songs I can tolerate.

2 18 or 3 15 wall will work, especially for playing low/daily since it's C pillar.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Pretty sure the sound quality is much better using the dock, never tried the aux. Decaf music = meh, have about 10-12 of his songs I can tolerate.

2 18 or 3 15 wall will work, especially for playing low/daily since it's C pillar.

Alright I'll see what I can do with it lol. I think I'm just going to stick with the 3 15s probably do port across the top since I'm not **** about numbers lol. But thanks for input I just needed to ask because I had some people tell me it wouldnt sound that good since it's a c pillar but I won't know tell I try. An yea my box right now is tuned to 35hrtz an I can play down to about 26-28 hrtz but anything lower just lacks not like flexing wise but bass wise lol.

So Im not sure what I want the wall tuned to I do t really wanna give up all the high end maybe 30hrtz or so will work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Alright I'll see what I can do with it lol. I think I'm just going to stick with the 3 15s probably do port across the top since I'm not **** about numbers lol. But thanks for input I just needed to ask because I had some people tell me it wouldnt sound that good since it's a c pillar but I won't know tell I try. An yea my box right now is tuned to 35hrtz an I can play down to about 26-28 hrtz but anything lower just lacks not like flexing wise but bass wise lol.

So Im not sure what I want the wall tuned to I do t really wanna give up all the high end maybe 30hrtz or so will work?
    I've built 2 C pillar walls, both sounded just fine and put up decent number the few times they metered. One was tuned to 32Hz for RD subs, the other 38Hz for AQ subs.

You really don't "hear" stuff in the 20's, it just shakes your car to death and moves air....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2