Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Will my temp setup be louder than...

momax_powers is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)

Re: Will my temp setup be louder than...

Quote Originally Posted by sjv13 View Post
    @momas_powers; are those rims 18s? They fit that car perfect, design, size, and color. So clean. I hope I'll be able to afford a car like this soon.
    yep 18s and they arent that expensive...i got mine little over a yr ago for under 7k and i payed more than i should of....i also put another 5k on it so far not including audio lol....that bmw fever hits you bad when you get one and your off to the races llol

Lexicon740iL is offline AGM FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by momax_powers View Post
    thanks man....ur on bimmerforums right or m5board cant remember but ur name is familiar

i have smoke ones sitting in my room along with new lower grill, spacers, some dinan stuff and other goodies just waiting for better weather and less laziness

thats a nice stance love those shoes...i wish i could afford forced induction but im more of an audioholic

custom exhaust with some deletes? or do you have cans....looks awesome, something im planning aswell just working on what to do about spare tire
    Thanks for the props man you have a nice example there yourself. Have fun with the mods....It's like a F'in addiction for me

Yep I'm on Bimmerforums & Bimmerboard. I've done a few writeup that have been posted on other sites too.

What Dinan Mods are you planning on installing? I have a few myself.

The stance is achieved W/ Bilstein Coilovers and the shoes are 19" Hartge

The exhaust is Remu$ /plus custom/ deleted/ Rear tire removed and banged the hell out of that pan W a 5 pound maul lol...M5 bumper, Rear Diffuser

I'm putting together a writeup for the exhaust mod I'l link you when it's posted.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon740iL View Post
    Thanks for the props man you have a nice example there yourself. Have fun with the mods....It's like a F'in addiction for me

Yep I'm on Bimmerforums & Bimmerboard. I've done a few writeup that have been posted on other sites too.

What Dinan Mods are you planning on installing? I have a few myself.

The stance is achieved W/ Bilstein Coilovers and the shoes are 19" Hartge

The exhaust is Remu$ /plus custom/ deleted/ Rear tire removed and banged the hell out of that pan W a 5 pound maul lol...M5 bumper, Rear Diffuser

I'm putting together a writeup for the exhaust mod I'l link you when it's posted.
    Right now im on bilstein sports with vogtland spring but i need coilovers to deal with all my junk in the trunk
    I have a dinan cai, maf and exhaust ( ditching the exhaust though for straight pipes from the res and hopefully find a way to snake the pipe in such a way so i can keep the spare) i just want to find a 3.15 diff and then put the intake/maf in all at once so i dont have to do a stage by stage tune and waste money

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)

Now that weve done the " ill show u mine if you show me yours" lets get back on topic

I would also add in my last two setups of which i have know between the two but how about compared to the original setups in question

Previous setup:
    13w7 in ported box 2.35cf tuned to 34hz on a 1000/1v2

Pre-previous setup
    3 10w6v2 in sealed box 3cf on jl 1000/1v2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)

Now that weve done the " ill show u mine if you show me yours" lets get back on topic

I would also add in my last two setups of which i have know between the two but how about compared to the original setups in question

Previous setup:
    13w7 in ported box 2.35cf tuned to 34hz on a 1000/1v2

Pre-previous setup
    3 10w6v2 in sealed box 3cf on jl 1000/1v2

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

I think what i meant was a larger drivers waves need more space(distance) to fully form... Longer was bad choice of words didnt mean to refer to time but i guess ur right in that that would probably apply to 18"+ and maybe a smaller car
    As already explained that is NOT true, size of the driver makes no differnce. Freq does, lower notes take longer, makes no diff what size sub is playing them....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    As already explained that is NOT true, size of the driver makes no differnce. Freq does, lower notes take longer, makes no diff what size sub is playing them....
    jesus christ there IS something to this effect ive read many times over im just not using the right terminology...im frantically trying to find couple write ups by a sound engineer on diy but forgot what words to search for....it was regarding someone wanting to use a 15" is a very small trunk space but was told a couple 10s of the same brand with same power would sound louder inside the car and the 15 would sound louder outside the car even thought the 15 would be louder overall(both are able to produce the same sound just as well as the other) but i forget what its called

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

jesus christ there IS something to this effect ive read many times over im just not using the right terminology...im frantically trying to find couple write ups by a sound engineer on diy but forgot what words to search for....it was regarding someone wanting to use a 15" is a very small trunk space but was told a couple 10s of the same brand with same power would sound louder inside the car and the 15 would sound louder outside the car even thought the 15 would be louder overall(both are able to produce the same sound just as well as the other) but i forget what its called
    That was called STUPIDITY

Have to wonder how many demo and burp cars this sound engineer has built. Go to any decent sized dBdrag show and see how many cars are burping with 2 10's. Other then CRX's in a few classes you will probably see ZERO. And metering is done sealed up, so loudest inside the vehicle is what matters...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    That was called STUPIDITY

Have to wonder how many demo and burp cars this sound engineer has built. Go to any decent sized dBdrag show and see how many cars are burping with 2 10's. Other then CRX's in a few classes you will probably see ZERO. And metering is done sealed up, so loudest inside the vehicle is what matters...
    Funny enough the car was a crx and the owner wanted todo 15s but they would have been only a few inches from the hatch and that was the only position he could use(subs back) due to the back seat and therefore he was suggested 8s or 10s but regardless if its true or not i dont think it applys to my full size sedan trunk
    Thanks for the input though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

Funny enough the car was a crx and the owner wanted todo 15s but they would have been only a few inches from the hatch and that was the only position he could use(subs back) due to the back seat and therefore he was suggested 8s or 10s but regardless if its true or not i dont think it applys to my full size sedan trunk
    Thanks for the input though
    Usually in a CRX it's not having enough room to build the right sized enclosure is the limiting factor in sub size. But in Street C I've seen 4 12's and 6 10's do very good numbers.

But your trunk will be fine with 10's, 12's, 15's, or an 18. I run a single 18 in my daily and couldn't be happier....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2