Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 118

Reload Thread: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

  1. #91
    naughtyca's Avatar
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbillnelson View Post
    How about Ideas? maybe you guys have an idea he'd run with. Just throwing it out, there to think on since Levels could become an issue.... I thought up Tier 2, Tier 3 etc... or maybe by wattage series 600 series, 1000 series etc....Anybody else??
    In honesty to me it does not matter what you call the subs as long as price is very fair and performance is there. website price of $129 for the 12inch and 149 for the 15" will be very competitive but i am not sure if i would spend $250 for a 1200 watts sub. In my opinion too big of a price jump. but I'll be tuned in.




  2. Likes jasonbillnelson liked this post



  3. #92
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    In honesty to me it does not matter what you call the subs as long as price is very fair and performance is there. website price of $129 for the 12inch and 149 for the 15" will be very competitive but i am not sure if i would spend $250 for a 1200 watts sub. In my opinion too big of a price jump. but I'll be tuned in.
    Names have been updated on the site and they are now THREATCON 2, THREATCON 4, etc. They will be competitively priced and quite the bang for the buck. Pre-sales will start sometime in March for the THREATCON 2's. Thanks for tuning in and prepare for some nice pre-sale deals!



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Dealt with audiobahn, sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: SHCA 1/0 OFC--Shuriken BT-80 and Shuriken BT-35
    Alternator: Mechman 320 amp

  4. #93
    naughtyca's Avatar
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbillnelson View Post
    Names have been updated on the site and they are now THREATCON 2, THREATCON 4, etc. They will be competitively priced and quite the bang for the buck. Pre-sales will start sometime in March for the THREATCON 2's. Thanks for tuning in and prepare for some nice pre-sale deals!
    in my opinion this is where a lot of companies fail, pre sale is very low and a lot of people jump in to try but when presale is done the sale of the product goes down significantly because the people that didnt make it to the presale waits for the next company that will do a pre sale.




  5. #94
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I feel like I am watching the beginning of the end to a company. Threatcon sounds horrible. Why not go with something like thunder series, lightning series, tornado series and hurricane series. The threatcon 2 baskets are frilly looking.
    Shocker was originally named "Atomic Thunder" and MTX threatened lawsuit because of their "thunder" line. Thunder is out and Lightning has been done.

    Sadly numbering has been done by TC sounds and DC.

    Good luck with all this.... what will set you apart is customer service because there's a dozen bargain priced off-the-shelf chinese made subs out there now.




  6. Thanks jasonbillnelson thanked for this post
  7. #95
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    in my opinion this is where a lot of companies fail, pre sale is very low and a lot of people jump in to try but when presale is done the sale of the product goes down significantly because the people that didnt make it to the presale waits for the next company that will do a pre sale.
    It's just to move product quickly and to get it distributed. @C2 Audio has ordered 300 of the 12" THREATCON 2's and I would expect them to go very quickly with or with out pre-sale. When gone another order is placed and there could be another pre-sale because of demand. But we will see how it goes.



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Dealt with audiobahn, sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: SHCA 1/0 OFC--Shuriken BT-80 and Shuriken BT-35
    Alternator: Mechman 320 amp

  8. #96
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Shocker was originally named "Atomic Thunder" and MTX threatened lawsuit because of their "thunder" line. Thunder is out and Lightning has been done.

    Sadly numbering has been done by TC sounds and DC.

    Good luck with all this.... what will set you apart is customer service because there's a dozen bargain priced off-the-shelf chinese made subs out there now.
    Agreed



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Dealt with audiobahn, sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: SHCA 1/0 OFC--Shuriken BT-80 and Shuriken BT-35
    Alternator: Mechman 320 amp

  9. #97
    naughtyca's Avatar
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbillnelson View Post
    It's just to move product quickly and to get it distributed. @C2 Audio has ordered 300 of the 12" THREATCON 2's and I would expect them to go very quickly with or with out pre-sale. When gone another order is placed and there could be another pre-sale because of demand. But we will see how it goes.
    That's what i meant if you price it correctly people will buy it and will suggest it, and no waiting for the next pre sale.




  10. #98
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    That's what i meant if you price it correctly people will buy it and will suggest it, and no waiting for the next pre sale.
    Agreed, and I think at $129 normal pricing for a 12" THREATCON 2, C2 Audio will do just fine.



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Dealt with audiobahn, sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: SHCA 1/0 OFC--Shuriken BT-80 and Shuriken BT-35
    Alternator: Mechman 320 amp

  11. #99
    naughtyca's Avatar
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbillnelson View Post
    Agreed, and I think at $129 normal pricing for a 12" THREATCON 2, C2 Audio will do just fine.
    I agree, just need to work on the pricing of the 1200 hehehe i was actually thinking an XFL upgrade from my 600watt sub, and there are tons of people that has a 600watt sub wanting to upgrade and most people upgrade to xfl due to price and performance, maybe you guys can get a part of that market share.

    I'll post your C2 website in FLSPL for thoughts




  12. #100
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    I agree, just need to work on the pricing of the 1200 hehehe i was actually thinking an XFL upgrade from my 600watt sub, and there are tons of people that has a 600watt sub wanting to upgrade and most people upgrade to xfl due to price and performance, maybe you guys can get a part of that market share.

    I'll post your C2 website in FLSPL for thoughts
    Sounds good! I'll see if I can twist C2 Audio's arm a little bit to bring down pricing on the THREATCON 4. I'll talk to him. If the THREATCON 2's maybe he'll bring the 4 down to be just as successful!



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Dealt with audiobahn, sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: SHCA 1/0 OFC--Shuriken BT-80 and Shuriken BT-35
    Alternator: Mechman 320 amp

  13. #101
    naughtyca's Avatar
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbillnelson View Post
    Sounds good! I'll see if I can twist C2 Audio's arm a little bit to bring down pricing on the THREATCON 4. I'll talk to him. If the THREATCON 2's maybe he'll bring the 4 down to be just as successful!
    when i see your sub names for some reason defcon 1, defcon 2 etc.. comes to mind lol




  14. #102
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    when i see your sub names for some reason defcon 1, defcon 2 etc.. comes to mind lol


    haha that is true. I'm in the military and we have many "CON" identifiers. I actually mentioned THREATCON to him and he ran with it.



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Dealt with audiobahn, sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: SHCA 1/0 OFC--Shuriken BT-80 and Shuriken BT-35
    Alternator: Mechman 320 amp

  15. #103
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    "The THREATCON 2 12" woofer parts have arrived and we are expecting to see the first production run completed next week. I will be posting pictures of the woofers being assembled later in the week."

    That's what C2 Audio Posted on their Facebook page. He hasn't been able to be online a lot since a coworker just had a baby. He's been covering for him. So, I passed this on to you guys on his behalf. I'll pass on more as info as I receive it.



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Dealt with audiobahn, sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: SHCA 1/0 OFC--Shuriken BT-80 and Shuriken BT-35
    Alternator: Mechman 320 amp

  16. #104
    naughtyca's Avatar
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Free bump for new company




  17. Likes jasonbillnelson liked this post
  18. #105
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

    Already have a person interested in running THREATCON 2's in his 3 competition vehicles! Nothing has been finalized because subs haven't shipped yet. I'm pretty excited to see what this guy is going to do with them!!!



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Dealt with audiobahn, sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: SHCA 1/0 OFC--Shuriken BT-80 and Shuriken BT-35
    Alternator: Mechman 320 amp

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Car. Need Setup Advice (Audio Newbie)
    By boomer34 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 01:55 AM
  2. New Car: Need Speaker Advice (Audio Newbie)
    By boomer34 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 08:07 PM
  3. Incriminator Audio I Series now on the SSA Store!
    By soundsolutions in forum SoundSolutionsAudio.com
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 08:18 PM
  4. new system, want some feed back on the part's ive chosen.
    By eviling in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 10:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum